WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #54 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“This one is great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have stayed at both Drurys in Indy and this one was as expected and the reason I come back. Very clean. This one is a bit older than the Northeast site, but very well kept. Check in and out went smoothly. I did have trouble using my points due to wrong information from the reservation agent I was sent to after calling the Northeast location. That agent told me any front desk could apply points to my stay using the reservation front desk computer. This was not the case when I arrived, but I was able to call reservations again and got to use them. Bad thing was that 3 days before, the points needed for this hotel was 7500 and on the day I called the points had just been raised to 10,000. I could have saved a few points had I gotten the correct info the first time I called.
My only issue with this visit was that I was sure I reserved 2 queens. The 2 beds were in fact full size. I wondered if I had been given full size once the room was determined to be a points stay.

My last stay at the Northeast site did not go well. The pool was closed the whole 4 days. They did comp me for one night and send me a letter for a free night, but my vacation was ruined as without the pool, my kids did not want to come stay with me.
Drury is a great chain with super clean rooms and great customer service, that is why I decided to return and use my points. I did not complain about the double beds. This hotel is much smaller than the other one and may only have doubles. My sister and I were very comfortable. The other point about the room we were given was the fact that the window faced a brick wall(room 320) and if our curtain were opened people in the hall could see us from a window to the right. Solved that by never opening the curtain. Breakfast was stellar as always at Drury. Many choices--all good. Quite a lot of seating. Access to 465 was great without any added noise. I slept perfectly. Parking was easy. Wifi was strong. Many restaurants nearby. It was a great stay. Price was a little high for no whirlpool/indoor pool. The outdoor pool was small, but looked inviting. Wish this one would enclose the pool and add a whirlpool. That is the only change I would make. Another clean and comfy stay and am looking forward to my next stay. Maybe at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Drury. If this chain keeps their prices down, I will continue to call them first. Thanks Drury for the clean smoke-free rooms.

Room Tip: Ours was next to the elevator and still quiet. 320. Upper floors would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Robinson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Drury Inn was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. The evening kickback and morning breakfasts were filling and good. The food was fresh and hot and there was a nice variety. The free popcorn and soft drinks in the evening is a fun touch. It is located far enough from downtown to be reasonably priced and away from a lot of the hustle and bustle, but close enough to be a very easy drive to attractions. The area seemed safe and there were restaurants and stores close by. The TV is huge and there were a lot of stations. The room also had a microwave and mini refrigerator.

Room Tip: We had a room with two beds. The beds are not very big, but they are comfortable with four pillows o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The one thing I got the place for and it let me down! The beds were horrible. They move like jello all wiggly everytime you move. The trash truck that showed up at 2 am banging the dumpsters around and making all that big truck noise. And then when we finally got to sleep we were awakened early by the shutting of neighbors doors up and down the hall. Other than that one of the cleanest places I have stayed but wont be back.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MarionR
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the comfort of the bed was not what you expected, and will be sure to share your feedback. This will help us improve our service. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide a clean and comfortable stay for every guest. We are very pleased to hear the cleanliness of your room was exceptional, and thank you again for your comments.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Thank you!
Mallory T.
Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Every time my parents go to Indianapolis they always stay at a Drury Inn and anytime they plan a trip they plan to stay at a Drury. I personally have never had a bad experience. Hotel staff is very friendly and is always on top of things when you ask for something. The GM Mallory is always super friendly and goes above and beyond for people staying in the hotel. I would definitely recommend Drury Inn for anyone's stay :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Eastlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is not our first time staying at a Drury, and this one did not disappoint. We were greeted by Will and were checked-in quickly. We had a king room with a pull-out couch. It was spacious and (I know this sounds goofy) smelled clean and fresh. We didn't partake in the evening Kick-back,but it looked great. Breakfast was hot and fresh. My husband enjoyed his scrambled eggs! Every staff member greets you with a smile.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Ohio, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had stayed prior at a Staybridge Suites in Virginia and in comparing the two hotels, assuming based on the amenities offered they might be quite similar, we were sadly disappointed.The staff is very nice as well as the room we don't see where this hotel has received such awards of excellence as noted in the elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I truly regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide an exceptional stay to each and every guest, every day. We hope you will give us an additional opportunity to serve your lodging needs and deliver an outstanding guest experience.

Mallory T.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked and got a room within hours of my arrival on a race weekend. The check in and checkout went fine and the "kick back" will have me returning and staying at other Drury inns in other city's. Also they have free Wi-Fi. When i got my food and drinks in the evening and morning it was very noisy and kids running around everywhere but ill just take my food back to my room next time. The only reason i can't give it 5 out of 5 was after returning for the evening about 11pm there was a good size group of people sitting in lawn chairs right outside of the front doors of the hotel drinking it caught me off guard and looked very out of place. There was also a security guard inside so things didn't get out of control i can imagine. Just a heads up to anyone. The rooms were clean and neat and cannot complain about the food either. I will be returning, just through the side door next time :-)

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor or higher to cut out noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends