“Wonderful Stay!”

Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #57 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I recently stayed here the night before my state boards exam to become an RN. The hotel is located almost within walking distance of the Pyramids in Indy. Check-in went smoothly. Everything was exactly as I had requested.

The 5:30 KickBack was a very nice perk. The night I stayed they had baked potatoes & nachos (including taco meat, refried beans & cheese) as well as snacks (chips, pretzels, etc). Adult guests receive 3 free alcoholic drinks if they want during the KickBack hours. All guests receive unlimited free fountain drinks (from 3-10pm, I think). The free breakfast was one of the most expansive free breakfasts I've ever seen at a hotel. They had eggs (with cheese & salsa toppings on the side), biscuits & gravy, french toast, sausage, donuts, waffles,hot oatmeal (with brown sugar & raisins to put on separately, if you like), several cold cereal choices, fruits, milk, juices, & coffee. The syrup was all sugar-free, but tasted good.

As for the room, the room was a fairly good size. It had 2 double beds which were comfortable & had great pillows (a rare find in a hotel, in my opinion). There was a large flat screen TV, desk, chair, microwave, & mini-fridge). The AC worked great! And, even though the hotel was full of tween & teen ball players, it was pretty quiet. I was most impressed with the bathroom. It had to be the cleanest hotel bathroom I have EVER been in. Even in nicer hotels it seems like the grout & caulking in the bathrooms is generally sub-par & dirty looking. This was not the case here. The shower included dispensers of conditioner, shampoo, & shower gel (very handy).

I had requested a late check-out so my friend & I could hang out & study until time to head to our exam. They told us we could check out at 1pm. We left a little before 1pm & no one had bothered us about checking out. They slipped the bill under the door early in the morning hours & all we had to do was leave the keys in the room. A very convenient check-out!

We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean. There was also a small business center with computer & printer available & a small exercise room. On our floor there was also a coin-operated washer & dryer.

The only 2 things I was not pleased with was the lack of a working exhaust fan in the bathroom & during my morning shower the water went from cold to hot several times (as if someone in another room was using the hot water off & on).

Still, neither of the above "issues" would be enough to keep me from returning should I need to stay in this part of Indy again. This was my first stay at a Drury Inn hotel & I will be checking out others when we travel to other areas. I was extremely impressed at what this hotel provides for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kingpod

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had a wonderful stay here. Very pleasant staff, and easy check in. Room and bathroom were very clean. The Beds were comfortable providing a good night's sleep. The room had both a small refrigerator and microwave. We really enjoyed the 5:30 kickback - pleanty of food to eat and a variety of choices. Breakfast was also very good. It's such a great value getting both dinner and breakfast with your stay. One of the many reason's we love Drury Inn. This location had an outdoor pool. The pool was cold to my taste, but my son braved it and went all the way in. It was still enjoyable for my husband and I to sit with our feet in the pool and watch our son play. There pool was very clean, which is really nice for an outdoor pool. We had the pool to ourselves and and some nice private family time. I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others also.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Room was normal two double. Had small fridge and microwave. The free breakfast was good for being free. The evening snacks were great. The staff were all very friendly, above normal. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Friendly staff, clean, breakfast included everything you could want, evening happy hour could be your dinner. Definitely would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We only stayed one night but wished we stayed longer. The soda and popcorn was great. The happy hour was awesome! Mixed drinks or beer for adults. The finger food was good just regular family chain appetizers which was great for the kids. The breakfast was good too!

The staff was very nice and they looked like they enjoyed working there too. Everyone was smiling!

Would stay at another one of there was one on our next vacation or night away.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the Drury Inn in Northeast Indianapolis because we had a dr. appt. at the nearby hospital. The hospital discount was super, the bkfst. and supper were free to guests with big selections, and the facilities were clean and lovely. We were concerned about I-69 next to the hotel, but we didn't hear the traffic. We will return here the next time we have to go to Indy! We've been to other Indy hotels, and this is by far the best!

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are very comfortable.