“Ok but overpriced”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bourbonnais, IL
“Ok but overpriced”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed one night. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Used the pool, we were the only people in it. It was a bit cold for my preference, but my mom and son didn't think so. My complaint was that I thought it was a bit pricey, but they looked busy, so maybe that's the going rate for the area. Anyway, any hotel room of that price should have a microwave and mini fridge in it in my opinion, and it didn't. Probably would look around for a better value should we return to the Indianapolis area. Oh, and when I called the hotel directly I was given a better rate than what I found on their website. The woman who took my reservation was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristy D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear MsDuff,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast selections we offer. Please allow us to apologize you were not well satisfied with our pool facility and the rates of our hotel rooms. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive within the area. We also apologize for the confusion you had in making your reservations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Connecticut
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Northwest Park 100 and were very pleased with our decision.

The hotel was quiet the first night we stayed and we had the hot tub and pool to ourselves, not so the second day when occupancy was quite high.

We overslept the first morning and almost missed breakfast, we got downstairs at about 5 minutes of 10. There was still plenty of food but we had to get in line with staff members who were obviously allowed to eat breakfast. It was awkward and while I understand it is a perk for the employees, they should have to wait until all the guests are finished.

The room was clean and comfortable and we had a good night's sleep both nights. Desk staff was especially friendly and we appreciated the little bag of goodies that reward members get.

There is a Steak and Shake right next door which was okay for one night. There are few other options except fast food close by.

We were able to access the highway quickly and easily. We enjoyed this location, it was far enough out to avoid any traffic issues but close enough to be easy to get downtown to see what we wanted.

We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIXMGR, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Zabelle,
I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your opinion of our property and displaying our amenities. We thank you and hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!
Dan J. Sales Manager
Somerset, PA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I arrived for a business meeting recently and was really impressed with the staff's attention to detail. They were friendly and did a great job.

My room was clean, linens were good and the internet worked good. For my business needs that is check, check and check.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIXMGR, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello six82,
Thank you for your kind words. We value your business and hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do to assist you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Dan J.
Sales Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Two night stay was as advertised- clean with no hassles. It was quiet as well. The front staff were nice and helpful. The morning breakfast and other amenities were typical for a holiday inn express.
This particular location is about a 15 minute drive to the center of Indianapolis, which is close enough to be convenient but far enough away to avoid the traffic and noise of downtown. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hello Michael,
I wanted to personally thank you for a glowing review. We strive to exceed all of our guest expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Dan J
Sales Manager
Granger, In
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn 4 nights.
It was ok. I was able to get a fridge for no charge ( got the last one)
The service people, guy that brought me the fridge and another guy who doled out the free drinks Tuesday and Wenesday were very friendly. The guy that did the drinks also did a little of everything there. I think he may have been maintanence or something.
One thing to watch out for is the hot tub by the pool. There is a steep sudden drop off from the steps leading into the tub. My friend fell off those steps into the hot tub and a guest we talked to has been staying there off and on for months because of a job. He said he fell off those steps and lost a toenail.
Room was cleaned good each day and had a free breakfast each day.
Only sit down restaurant with in walking distance was Mike's charcoal grill. I just wrote a review about that place. I would eat somewhere else.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Fridge. They go fast and don't cost anything.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIXMGR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you review our property on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your feedback and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Andrew GM
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is among the top Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed in. They have a great friendly staff, evening reception, great breakfast, and among all of this, it is not located in a heavy congested area. I come in from northern Indiana and it is a breeze to get in and out of. Great hotel, been staying her for 3 years, keep it up guys!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry D
HIXMGR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Northwest-Park 100, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We do our best to make sure our guests have a great expierence. We are all happy to hear we succeeded with your stay.

Andrew
GM
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although this hotel we not modern and up to date like many Holiday Inn Express's I have stayed at, my experience was great. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is about the internet. It was slowwwwwww! But it did work! Good breakfast and evening cocktail hour. My stay was breif, but very pleasant. Thank you everyone for being so kind.

Jon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty and kind words.

Hope to see you soon