“Good for families with children/teens”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #160 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our soccer team stayed here while playing in a soccer tournament. The common area in the atrium with the pool had lots of room and was great for the families to gather and there were plenty of activities for the kids with game tables and an activity center. A grab-and-go breakfast was offered in our prices and they gave us a $5 discount on the water park bracelets. The rooms were acceptable for the little amount of time we were in the rooms. The rooms were dated and a mini fridge and/or microwave would have been a helpful added feature. We had trouble in a few of the rooms with A/C and clogged toilets but the maintenance man on-site was a very nice. There was a note at the front desk warning guests of recent break-ins to vehicles and not leave valuables in your vehicle, but I did see local police in the hotel throughout the weekend so it seemed as though they were trying to take care of that problem. Overall, for the purpose of our visit, the hotel was a good choice. I would not recommend this hotel for couples or business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was traveling on business and stayed here from Sept. 20-24. The room had no microwave or refrigerator. The room was average. The carpet in the hall was visibly dirty. To regulate the room temperature either the air or the heat was running all the time....making it noisy, too hot or too cold. The worst part was no hot water to take a shower. I had complained at the desk about it and they sent someone to check it. The person that checked it said the water was hot, that I had just not turned to dial far enough. I had turned the dial as far as it would go but no hot water. Also, the water in the sink was not getting hot so it couldn't be that I didn't turn the dial far enough. I complained again the next morning and they offered to let me change rooms which I told them this was not an option for me as I was there on business and did not have the time to change rooms. I even threatened that if the hot water issue was not resolved I would not pay the bill. They said they would have someone check the water again. They also told me the me they only had one water heater for the entire motel. The next night I turned the water dial as far as it would go....still not hot water. So I let it run for about 15 minutes. Finally WARM but not hot water. I will never stay at the motel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sas11560
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We took our 6 and 8 year old sons. Upon arrival the front desk staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed including an early check in so the kids could hit the water park. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the pool. Room was very clean, had one minor problem but a call to the front desk and a service man was there to fix it within minutes. The water park kept our boys entertained for 3 days, I don't even like to swim, but I even had fun there. The only drawback that I found was the hotel sports bar was very expensive and service was terrible, but right across the street was a Texas Roadhouse and Cracker Barrel and within blocks almost any restaurant you can name. What a great stay!!! We are already making plans for a second visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I visited this hotel about 5 years ago and just visited yesterday. The hotel has aged. There is no mini-bar or refrigerator in the room. We went to the waterpark and there were not sufficient towels in the room for our family of three. The small, old tube TV felt ancient. The food in the restaurants in the hotel is not good. Although the "eat for free deal" for kids is good, I could have received a better tasting meal at a local restaurant. The waterpark was lots of fun, but compared to newer waterparks, there were not as many attractions for my 12 year old....nevertheless the lazy pool and tube ride was a blast. The chlorine smell resinated throughout the hotel and burnt my eyes.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

To start off, Austin at the front desk was awesome (and very cute). The waterpark was awesome and the lifeguards were nice and friendly. I have read the reviews saying the lifeguards were mean, etc. I wouldn't say that. They are focused. The only thing I HATED was that MOST hotels provide you with a mini fridge. This hotel didn't. It was an extra $10 per night charge. RIDICULOUS! I was traveling with my infant daughter and needed to keep her milk cold. Also, NO MICROWAVE! That was also an extra $10 ($20 per night total charge) for something that should be "STANDARD". We were there the weekend of a wedding and it was surprisingly quiet. Great trip for the kids and love that they incorporated the museum and zoo into their packages.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My family and i had a wonderful time we stayed four nights anf the only complaint we had was a lady from Ohio kept trying to get us to say we were in the hot tub and a cock roach was floating in the water , but she also told us that she had read the reviews and how other people had complained about a cock roach and got money off their bill, so i would say she brought the cock roach with her and placed it there , she also told us she stayed at other places and read reviews and how she got money off her bill by the same complaints other people complained with, then she approachedus again with a complaint about the Cheer Leaders that were there and said she was going to management so she could get more money off her bill,,I let management know what was going on and they told me a lot of people had come to them trying this scam and they put a stop to it, So if you want to have a wonderful time and are honest people go to the Caribbean Cove water park.

2  Thank HonestIndianapolis
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I suggest you call ahead to see what activities are scheduled for your stay (birthday parites, family reunions, and other gatherings for example), weekends seem to be SOLD OUT which in our case made it difficult for us to relax and have a good time. We have small children and with the high volume of people the water park was nearly impossible. The kids could not enjoy the water park or the pool because there were so many kids. Our room was clean, I could feel the springs through the mattress, the TV was too fuzzy to watch, the water park was clean for the most part, and we did not even attempt to eat at the food court due to the people so not sure how that was. We did hear several people say that *kids eat free* because the adult is making up the difference. IF we were to ever consider staying here again I would call ahead first and try to stay during the week so it's less crowded. The Children's museum and Indianapolis Zoo were worth the trip though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family