“Awesome staff and great value for lots of fun”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #154 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We called for the Splash and Discover package and it was much cheaper than online rates. 2nd night was free and we got 4 passes to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. Package included 4 water park bracelets for 3 days. The customer service at the hotel was top notch. The guys at the Calypso Cafe were awesome and very nice. The guy at the ticket counter for the game room was very nice as well. My kids were a few tickets short for a prize they really wanted and they gave it to hem anyway. Waterpark was great!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn North Conference Center

Reviewed March 22, 2009

We just got back to day from a weekend trip to Indy for spring break. There were 10 of us all together. It was but 1 night get 1 free GREAT VALUE!! My children ages 16, 11, & 7 and niece 9 and nephews 12 LOVED the waterpark. I enjoyed the hot tubs in the park. It was sold out all weekend but the water park was never overloaded as I had read in other reviews. Kids eat free w/ adults in the cafe in the lobby. Very affordable and wonderful buffett. Rooms were clean...good sized and very pleasent. Our room was on the ground floor close to the waterpark but very quiet. My brothers room was across the hall and had access to the holidome. This was great...Great pool area...WONDERFUL Kids club my daughters and niece loved it. The staff was top notch. I had heard stories of high chlorine in the pool but we thought it was ok...no smell of it...and we didnt smell like it when we came out of the water. The exercise area was nice. Beautifuly decorated lobby, holidome and cafe. Overall we all LOVED IT!!! I will definetly bring my family back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chillIndiana
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I always like to give a hotel a second chance but I am beginning to think I could be wrong. We arrived at the hotel at approximately 9:00 pm. The parking lot was packed to the gils. Not many places to park at all. Direction were given to our room and we went and found a parking spot which of course was nowhere where we needed to be. After finding our room we went in to relax as it was almost bedtime. We attempted to turn on the TV using the remote control and it did not work. We even attempted to put in new batteries as my husband had some with him but it still did not work. This hotel has an indoor water park and the hotel attempts to advise folks that there is a "quiet time" between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Well forget that - there were kids running up and down the hall at all hours. If you are looking for a good nights sleep forget about this place. The beds are as hard as rocks. Like sleeping on a cement slab and the windows are not insulated well and you can hear the traffic all night. I realize that this is an older hotel but they do need to make alot of upgrades. The only bright spot in our stay was the breakfast buffet. It was very good but the table that we sat at was so coated with syrup that every time you put your hand down on top or on the sides it stuck there. I very highly doubt that we will ever go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Roxegirl
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on business. I had stayed here previously, about 2 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn Select, so there are a few comparisons I can make.

First of all, While I like Noble Roman's Pizza, I miss the Pizza Hut Express that was in there when it was a HI SELECT. Second, why did they have to remove the Piano?

But the rooms were just as clean and wonderful as I remembered. The beds were comfortable, and when I asked for a balcony room, they gave me one with no trouble (which was awesome considering I was only paying $41.00)

I wish that this was still a Holiday Inn Select, as it catered more to the type of clientele I am used to being around. (business travelers). The INDY SPORTS GRILLE was better off as BENCHWARMERS, but the staff were nice, and I enjoyed Caribbean Cove.

Wonderful Wonderful Place, and I will return here if I am in the IND area again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 5, 2008

We booked a king room with a fold out couch and when we arrived we were given a room with double beds. The meals were quite expensive even with the children eating free. The breakfast buffet was terrible. Our children are 2 and 6 and they were entertained but I do not think staying any longer than one night would of worked. The kiddie pool was quite cold.

For the price I would not recommend.
We will not be going back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We just spent the Friday after Thanksgiving at this hotel. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children ( 6 and 8 years old)so we had reserved a king room with a pull out couch. Upon check-in we were given a room with 2 double beds.. caught the wording and showed them our original booking. No problem we were given 2 adjoining queen rooms- perfect. We arrived early so we had all day at the water park and the rooms were ready. The kids needed a snack after a few hours of swimming so we went to the snack bar and bought 3 sodas and a pretzel with cheese for $10.00. That night we went out to dinner- plenty of restaurants nearby. Sat. morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel, kids eat free. I think the adult buffets were $10.00 not too bad. We were allowed late check out- 12:30. We headed home in the afternoon but could have stayed until 10pm. We found the front desk extremely helpful as well as friendly. The life guards are no nonsense which was very reassuring. Yes at times you had to wait for a double tube but once we got one we just held onto it.

We will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Unbelievable horrible experience at this hotel for my daughter’s 10th bday…when I called reservations I secured a ground room floor for easy access to and from the pool. The day I checked in after waiting 30 minutes in a sea of parents and children at 4PM (yep can’t check in until 4P and check out is 11AM next day) I was given my plastic key. It didn’t work. I inquired with a maid and she happily let me into the room I wasn’t supposed to be in on the ground floor which I booked. Instead, I found out I was four floors up from that location. Irritated, I didn’t complain about the change of rooms; however, I did purchase 3 additional swimming wrist bands @ $20 each. Not 20 minutes after checking in, I found out that the 3 additional guests weren’t coming, thus inquired about a reimbursement for the unused swim wrist bands. I was told there is a strict no refund and perhaps I should try to SELL them in the lobby of people who are waiting to check in to their rooms. (Scalping wrist bands I inquired?) I asked to speak to the manager, but to no avail. I was put on hold and returned to the same clerk with the same answer. My children; however, did have fun swimming, but pictures from the web made Caribbean Cove look huge, but is much smaller than it looks. The locker room REEKED of urine. The rooms are small. For an overnight stay with 5 swim wrist bands I paid $364. I NEVER write reviews, but felt compelled to let others know about this. Yes, I did speak to the front desk the next day. I was reimbursed for the wrist bands. My recommendation for a run-down, hyped-up swim excursion is don’t waste your time or money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)