“Ok, could use some improvements”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #149 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ok, could use some improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was aware of the reviews before I went, it wasn't as bad as I expected but has its niches. The lobby and breakfast room are very nice and clean, they make sure to give you a good first impression. But as you enter the halls the wallpaper is peeling off and our room was a little messy. We must have gotten a nicer room compared to other reviews below. We were here with much of my family for my younger cousins who all love water parks except me, but I like watching them. The water park is very large and nice, my younger brother and cousins had a blast on the water slides. But they only has 15 inter tubes for the whole park with over 100 people in it, and we had to wait 4 hours for them to bring towels to us. Breakfast is good, and it is neat to see the big courtyard of the former Holiday Inn (what is was before, a huge Holiday Inn). So overall it was ok but one of the worst hotels I had stayed at, if you are going to stay here which isn't too bad, just beware and don't expect a super nice hotel, also you will want to see the neat Pyramids a modern skyscraper like pyramids a famous Indianapolis landmark which is next to the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacob M
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is great to know that you enjoyed your time at the Caribbean Cove Hotel. It is our goal to make everyone's stay with us a great experience. We will take your feedback and use it to better our hotel. We hope you will consider staying at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in the future.

Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lanesville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

You can tell this hotel was once a very nice place, however it is by far from nice now. Rooms felt gross from minute of arrival, curtains torn, ceiling tiles need replacement, vents dirty and need replacement, and security lock on door broken. There was no soft drinks in the vending machines and when we wanted our $2.00 back from putting it in the machine we got $2 in nickels. Since there was no soft drinks we went to get ice for water and the ice machines didn't work! Then we get to the indoor water park and it was freezing inside, I had to go back to my room and put on pants and a hoodie several ppl were wearing there winter coats. The floor was filthy dirty with used band aids laying around and just plain dirty! At only 1 point during the 2 days we were there did they have towels and when we got those they were still damp and not completely dried. On day 2 the slides were closed for maintenance they were giving day pass tickets at half price but didn't offer a refund to ppl that had stayed the ngt . Dont go to this place

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank srz4778
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to apologize that you did not have a great experience at the Caribbean Cove Hotel. We strive to make every guests stay a great experience. We will use the feedback you provided to better our hotel and services. We hope that you will give the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center another chance in the future.

Indianapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting. The rooms are nasty. There were stains all over the walls and ceiling. The bathtub was full of mold and just plain dirty. The area around the base of the toilet looked as if it hasn't been cleaned in months. I couldnt see out of the dirty scummy windows and there were water stains on the inside of the wall beneath the window. The linen and towels were so dingy we went to walmart to purchase our own out of fear catching something. The stairwells were slippery from ceiling leaks and some hallways had ceiling leaks soaking the carpet beneath. Dont get me started on st pauls restaurant, my wife and I both were sick from that disgusting food. My wife is 4 months pregnant and had to be taken to the hospital as she was vomiting non stop and more but thats TMI. Also everytime I went to the front desk to complain ironically there was someone else complaining and the staff all look shady. So in conclusion dont go I promise you will regret it and read the other reviews, there all similar. This place is horrible, we even left early because we couldnt stand that hell hold. Thanks caribbean cove for ruining our well deserved vacation.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank americantravealot
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has an outstanding experience and I would like to apologize that you had issues during your stay. We have not had any similar reports about guest getting sick from Café St. Paul. We are required to follow strict laws on food preparation and food handling. We will use your feedback to correct the issues you had during your stay and hope that you will keep Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center in mind for future travels.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

My family and I have been here once before when the hotel was owned by Holiday Inn and we had a good stay...let me just say things have changed! The rooms are gross! Mold on the ceiling, dirty bath tub, bed appeared to be falling apart, and the floor would be more comfortable than the mattress. My kids had a great time and were oblivious thank goodness. When I presented my issues to a manager she took $70 off our stay. This took away some of my anger but we'll never go back.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank MomNP33
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is great to hear your kids had a great time but I would like to apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. We take all guest feedback and use it to better the hotel. This hotel is an older property and we are working on correcting the issues that guests bring to our attention. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went for the water park. We were the second people in when the opened and the first ones in the bathroom. No toilet paper in 2 stalls, diapers in changing room, bandaides floating in pool, kids water park not working, not enough tubes, chlorine so bad eyes were on fire. We left after 1 hour a should have taken 120.00 and threw it out the window. This is the only thing my family could afford to do for spring break and my kids were devastated. Please please do not go!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Heatherren
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to make sure every guest enjoys their experience with us and I apologize that you did not. We will use your feedback to better our water park and we hope that you will give Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park another chance in the future.

Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The price was outrageous! For $259/night I expected a nice facility, room and waterpark. First room the heat/air or phone didn't work. Got a new room and the bathroom door was falling off the hinge. Very dark and old. Waterpark was insane. Chlorine burned your eyes so bad and not even going under water. bandaids, toilet paper, full diapers laying around. Never saw anyone cleaning up. water was freezing - couldn't stand it. that's nice you pay that much to go to an indoor waterpark and your kids are blue and freezing. Even saw life guards shaking. ridiculous! very gross was scared for my kid to be in the water. Lifeguards young and not paying attention. Doesn't have nearly enough intertubes. Lazy river and slides - most people were walking around lazy river. If you were lucky to finally get a tube it was a little kid one and out of air. No one managing tubes or lazy river. Hello!!!!! Guards blew their whistle for every little thing and at each other most of the time never paying attention to the kids. It was very gross and I kept thinking wow I'm spending $300 for this!!!!!!!!!! Never again.
Room made me a little leary also. Luke warm water for a shower. None of the ice machines on the 3rd floor worked. Called to let them know and said Maintenance was working on them. Never saw a maintenance man anywhere and the next day still nothing. They need someone in charge of quality and service. what a dump and pathetic. arcarde was a rip. Half of the machines didn't work and the prizes were so cheap and had very little to choose from. Spend your money somewhere else. this place should be shut down!

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Christy_139
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our goal is to make sure every guest enjoys their visit here and I apologize that you did not. All of your feedback will be used to better serve our guests and we hope that you will give Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center another chance in the future.

Tolono, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Way overpriced for the quality. Very dated and run down. Dirty. We went primarily for the waterpark--or should i say chlorine park. Chlorine levels that made your eyes burn just from being in the room. Hardly any fresh clean towels to be found. We saw a underwater pool light exposed and laying on the ledge with wires exposed. Stairs that go up to the food/arcade made me want to get a tetanus shot after going up them. 1/2 of the water features in the kid zone did not work. 1/2 of the games in the arcade did not work. The pull out sofa sleeper was not fit for a dog, ended up putting 3 people in the bed because the mattress was so bad.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel--No good rooms here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joshua F
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to make sure every guest enjoys their experience with us and I apologize that you did not. We are required to keep the chlorine at a certain level and we do periodic testing, that is required by law, to make sure these levels are maintained. We will use all of your feedback to correct any issues and we hope that you will keep the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center in mind for future travels.

Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Quality Inn Indianapolis North
BEST WESTERN Country Suites
#53 of 178 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyrami...
#108 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Rodeway Inn North Conference Center? Share your experiences!