“not as bad as all that”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #157 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Definitely expected the worst because of the horrid ratings. My son and I were in room 154. It was very clean as was the lobby and water park. The ceiling in the bathroom is strangely low, I am 5'7 and could place both hands flat against it. The bathroom was also a bit dark, even with the heat lamp on. The chain lock was broken but the deadbolt was fine. The mattresses and pillows were average. Our room was adjacent to the atrium and had an odd little sitting area on what might be considered the patio area. Because of the placement of some of the rooms there could be noise from the atrium side and the hall side. The loudest voice I heard was the man who seemed to be managing the housekeeping staff in the morning, his voice really carried. The water park was fine, we had fun and the temperature of air and water seemed fine to me, they do run out of towels quickly. The breakfast buffet was also okay, sort of limited choices even with the hot items.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take this review and use it to improve everyone's experience. It's great to know that you and your son enjoyed your time at the Caribbean Cove Hotel and in our water park. We hope you choose to return again in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I took my daughters here for their birthday. The place was dirty, overpriced,and lacked service. They had no carts to haul your luggage to and from your room. From the second I walked in the doors my nose started running and my entire family sneezed constantly. The checkout is way to early for a water park place where your kids would change clothes when ready to leave. Overall this was a horrible experience and I don't recommend this to anyone!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Pfcd87
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our goal is to make everyone's stay a great experience and I apologize that you did not receive that. We will take this review and use it to improve our service. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and return to Caribbean Cove Hotel.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is not very clean, service is lacking at BEST. Our door would not lock properly and the staff could not have cared less. The water park is incredibly cold. The servers in the little food outlet in the water park were HORRIBLE! The place could be so nice, but I got the impression the ownership is riding it out and making what they can before shutting it down.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Nadra W

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our goal is to make sure that every guests has a great experience and I would like to apologize that you did not receive this. We will look at your feedback and use it to improve our service. We hope you will give us another chance and choose the Caribbean Cove Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I went to this hotel during a convention for my church. Due to some of the reviews I was a little hesitant. However, when I arrived at the hotel it exceeded my expectations. The staff was very polite. When I arrived into my room it was very clean. If anyone in my church group had any questions the staff was very accommodating. The staff would welcome us with a smile every morning. After a long day at the convention I was excited to come back to the hotel and relax knowing that it would be clean when I arrived. Contrary to some of the reviews there were no
bedbugs present in any rooms. If anyone had an experience with bedbugs prior to my visit there were no signs of them being present during my stay. Everyone
in my church group was very happy with the choice of hotel. If there was ever a problem for whatever reason the staff would take care of it right away. I am very satisfied with my stay at this hotel. There aren't enough words to explain how satisfied I am this day. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff is wonderful. The rooms are always clean. It's a really good time here. Everyone in my group would like to take a moment to thank the staff for helping us so much with being comfortable in this hotel during our trip. Do not get pushed away from this hotel because of low ratings. This hotel was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The rooms were always clean when we got back to our hotel room. There always towels, washcloths, new soap and more.
all of my expectations in this hotel has been exceeded.

• Stayed: November 2013
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. At the Caribbean Cove Hotel, our goal is to make every guest comfortable and enjoy their stay. It's great to know that we were able accomplish this for you and your group. We hope you choose to return to the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As the President of my organization I scheduled our Annual Fall Conference at Caribbean Cove. Ron Walker the Conference/Catering manager was wonderful to work with. The catering staff was friendly & helpful. The chef even baked muffins for our morning break, they were delicious. All in all our group received wonderful service & I hope we return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joann S
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Caribbean Cove Hotel and Conference Center. We make ever effort to provide excellent service. We hope to you see again.

Management

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the water park was not sparkling. Yes, it was not as bright as I would have liked. Yes, one of the water slides wasn't functioning Yes, it is not the Ritz Carlton. Yes, the kids had fun and bunches of it. If you are not too picky, your family will have a great time. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank HighlanderFamily
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We love to hear that your kids enjoyed the water park and our staff was helpful and friendly. Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Cove Hotel & Conference Center an we hope you return in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were very disappointed. Website claims that hotel has "State of the art" fitness center. There was no fitness center to be found. If we would have known this we would not have spent the money to go. The clerk did take off $25 from our bill for this inconvenience, but only when I mentioned it. It is not cheap for 2 nights including water park. Also, website mentions multiple restaurants in the hotel to choose from. One of these is actually closed down, even though it is still listed in the description of amenities. Kids did enjoy the water park, although the water was pretty cold.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family