“False advertising!”

Ranked #150 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
La Grange, Kentucky
“False advertising!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were very disappointed. Website claims that hotel has "State of the art" fitness center. There was no fitness center to be found. If we would have known this we would not have spent the money to go. The clerk did take off $25 from our bill for this inconvenience, but only when I mentioned it. It is not cheap for 2 nights including water park. Also, website mentions multiple restaurants in the hotel to choose from. One of these is actually closed down, even though it is still listed in the description of amenities. Kids did enjoy the water park, although the water was pretty cold.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keri K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Wheatfield, Indiana
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We used a livingsocial voucher and its all livingsocial's fault, they need to investigate what they are promoting. Everything I have read in the "terrible" reviews was confirmed this weekend when we stayed October 25, 2013. Filthy and run-down are the words I would use to describe it. The only reason I looked up reviews on this place is because I wanted to see if other people thought the same thing we did. Don't worry about using your livingsocial voucher, consider it a loss and stay somewhere else, or complain to livingsocial, which is what I'm going to do. We bought 2 rooms and had 4 adults with 4 small children. Everyone agreed that we won't be going back again. The waterpark was very dirty and cold, and only about half the lights were on so you couldn't see the how dirty it actually was. We ate breakfast in the morning and the food quality wasn't good at all for a breakfast buffet. Our bathrooms were dirty, floor tile chipped, black mildew in the corner of our tub, ceiling tiles broken and stained. The curtains had big stains in our room. Our tub drain was 95% clogged. Please heed the warnings. If enough people don't give them business, maybe someone else will buy it and give this hotel the attention it needs because it could be grand if someone took care of it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kbristol03
Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We anticipated an enjoyable family weekend, we received a dripping ceiling over the bed and then we were moved to a room with no hot water. That I was willing to let slide, but on the way home I realized I had left my prized camera and equipment. Housekeeping verified it there and said they would keep it in a safe until I sent a box to ship it back in. When I called to get shipping details my camera had changed to a small pocket camera and the manager disconnected my phone calls 3times. Run fast from this facility!

2 Thank Scrapbooking4me
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I spent the night on 10/11/13. This hotel still has bed bugs. We enjoyed the waterpark. Also, the front desk clerk tried to make it better by giving me another room. This room carpet was flooded near the bathroom and entrance way. This room also had bed bugs.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
4 Thank F Y
Washington Il
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We used a Living Social deal that we purchased back in February for this hotel. We knew a few people who stayed there and said it was fun. The bad experience started when we drove up and noticed how worn the place looked. Once we walked in the lobby it appeared a little better and there was a conference in session. We were not allowed to check in until we had a printed voucher. Even though we had it on our phones we still had to print it. We went to the business center and did so. After several tries we printed an acceptable copy for the front desk. While standing in the lobby we noticed electrical outlets that were not covered and the alarms in my head started going off. We went up to the room which was small, but workable. I went to open the curtains to the sliding glass doors and noticed they were filthy and stained with what appeared to be BLOOD!!!! The bed linen was old and worn and the bathroom was filthy in the corners. OK so the kids were excited to go to the water park so we quickly changed and went to the park. There was a huge pile of dirty towels laying at the entrance, the water was freezing, the snack bar was FILTHY and serving expired beer, the stairs to the snack and arcade area were also filthy and had large pieces of rusted exposed metal on the treads, half of the games in the arcade were broken, the hot tub was a warm tub and there were not enough tubes to ride the lazy river/ water slide. There were people at the mezzanine snack area throwing beer bottle caps at the kids in the kiddy pool. When I spoke to one of the life guards about this they didn't address the issue and told me where to throw away the bottle cap I fished out of the pool. The hotel pool was also cold, but not as dirty. I looked at TripAdvisor while we were there to see what others had experienced. I found reviews 2 weeks apart about the hotel having BED BUGS!!!! I immediately went to the front desk to tell them we were NOT staying there and to ask about that issue. The front desk supervisor was very nice and explained that they had it investigated and did not have any bugs and it had been fumigated and inspected by the health department. When asked to see the report she could not give that to us. Why do you have to fumigate if there are no bugs? They checked us out and told us they would not redeem our voucher (which they could not find after we spent 30 minutes trying to print them out not 2 hours before)so we can try to get a refund from Living Social. We are going to try and get our money back. Overall I will never go back to that place again. What a disappointment !

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at this location.
2 Thank Jessica S
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The water park has so much potential, but the water is way too cold to really enjoy, the hot tub is Luke warm at best, the staff have absolutely NO PERSONALITY other than RUDE! The server at the concession stand has no business being employed on ANY type of service industry. All of the water slides are still closed this morning and no one will say if they are going to open or not today.

The hotel is somewhat pitiful. On arrival, we moved into our room and went swimming. When we came back to the room, my daughter walked right in the door. It did not lock. After a quick inspection to ensure all of our belongings were in place.... We tried everything to get the door to fully latch and lock with no luck. Called the desk...35-50 rings later some answered, said she would call maintenance. 20 min later, the kids were hungry and wanted dinner so I called again. Front desk clerk said maintenance might not have heard her before because they have huge radio issues...?? We arranged to switch to the room next door. Once moved, we went to find dinner, which we had to leave the building to find. (That was the best part of the night! ) the beds are full size at most. The balconies are nice, help to compensate for the lack of space. But there is almost constant noise everywhere here.

Breakfast was actually pretty good. Our server, by far the friendliest employee in the building.

I was glad to have gotten a significant discount on the stay through Living Social. Without it, would have been really disappointed. As it was, was certainly our last visit.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Nadra W
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Initially a little hesitant to stay but kids wanted to do water park and it was only 1 night. Room was large but people on one side of room were sweating and people on other side were freezing! Security lock fell off door when trying to use it. Towels were small, old & stained. We parked outside of our room. Could see car from window. When we went out to car in the morning, all of our electronics were taken from the car. (Yes, should have removed items-kicking ourselves now). However, when I went to front desk to report the incident I was rudely interrupted with the fact the hotel is not responsible for the parking lot from someone in housekeeping behind the counter. I told her I understood but I would like to call the authorities & report it if that was ok. Another employee then stated the same thing happened to a guest the day before in a similar area! Would have been nice if guests were informed. Then a third employee called the police for me. NONE of them showed any signs of sympathy or tried to make me feel better. Very defensive behavior. Not even "I'm sorry you experienced this at our facility. Let me do everything I can to get you connected to the authorities." Turns out police called front desk but were told we left so we didn't even get to file a report. Overall we left feeling like we would never ever ever return again. And learned a hard lesson!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank drthiesing1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Quality Inn Indianapolis North
Best Western Country Suites
#53 of 179 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyrami...
#108 of 179 in Indianapolis

Been to Rodeway Inn North Conference Center? Share your experiences!