“Great Trip”

Ranked #153 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bluffton
“Great Trip”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a great trip. Our kids are younger, 5 and 3, but really enjoyed the water park, especially the pirate ship play set. Staff was friendly and very helpful when needed. The breakfast was buffet, it was good also

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank S N
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you had a great trip at our facility. Please consider our facility again in the future. Sara Hanshew-Waterpark Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stay here every time I need to work in Indianapolis! I walk into the front door and I am immediately greeted with smiles and a warm welcome! Anytime I need anything at all there is a great desire amongst all the staff to meet my needs. Traveling away from home is not always easy but staying at Caribbean Cove staff has become my second family. THANK YOU ALL!

Room Tip: If you are coming to enjoy the pool area ask for poolside rooms!!! If you are coming for business a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LeAnn G
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to have you as repeat customer at our hotel, our first priority is to fulfill the needs of guests. Thank you for choosing the CCH as your point of interest for your traveling needs. We are so happy to hear that you feel a part of the cove family! We look forward to seeing you in future stays at our hotel.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were meeting other family here. My husband made the reservations. It was all set by the time I read reviews. How bad could it be??? Very!! No water park working, okay. NO hot water for a shower...NOT okay. We were told the restaurant was open for lunch...it wasn't. Hallway to our room was wet...yuck! Elevator...one was only for staff and one didn't work at all...not convenient. Breakfast was very limited and just okay. The sheets on one bed was yellow and had holes in it...the other bed was a tad better. Never again!!!!!

1 Thank DeeCN
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
As the Waterpark Manager I would like to first personally apologize for your overall stay at our facility. In regards to the water park not being open, we did have a mechanical failure that was unforeseen late Saturday night that drained one of our pools. We immediately started repairs on the failure Sunday, but due to the failure it took a couple of days to fix. We did discount our pricing for day passes the rest of the weeknd. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the situation, I know it was frustrating to have a pool closed the rest of Labor Day weekend. We are constantly changing and altering our polices and procedures as a whole to make sure that each and every guest not only has a comfortable stay, but an amazing time. Please consider us again when looking for another mini vacation or hotel stay so we may put our best efforts in to change your opinion.
Kind regards.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I waited almost 30 min in the hot and stuffy lobby just to check in and I guess was lucky that my room was even ready because there were several people who tried to check in but apparently there room was not ready. This should've been the first indication of the disappointment to follow. There were elevators out of order, the hallways were dirty, our non smoking room smelled of stale smoke and there were cigarette burns in one of the chairs, one of beds had a noticeable dip in the middle, there were no towels in our room not even a washcloth, ice machines didn't work, one of the main pools and spa area inside the water park was closed off with caution tape, it was suffocatingly hot and no fresh air, not enough tubes for the lazy river and even the sitting chairs were dirty and some falling apart, we asked 3 times for pool towels and there were none available. If that isn't enough to scare you away from staying here than all I can say is "I told u so". The only good thing was getting a refund and leaving!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank TSpencer74
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize that you had to wait for quite sometime in order to check in. Please not that all of your feedback provided to us will be used to make our hotel better for our guests. We hope that during your time here that you were able to enjoy our water park facilities!
chicago, IL
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can see why others get upset regarding the water park. When I checked in, there was a notice about the waterpark being closed due to mechanical failure. I had no interest in using the waterpark, but I believe it was shut down the entire weekend. The interior atrium and pool smelled HORRIBLY of chlorine. I couldn't even stand to be in the hallway more than the time it took to unload my car, and walk out when we were going somewhere. Thankfully, the room did not smell. The air conditioner was ok, it kept the room cold, but sounded like landing gear clunking into place when it was about to turn off. The bed was as hard as the ground, and the pillows were, as my wife described them "sleeping on a cardboard box with a little cotton thrown in". The hallway was roasting every time we went out, and the ice machine provided 3/4 of the way melted ice. If they updated some fixtures, perhaps it could be ok again. Ok for the price, but I will certainly book my hotel for Gen Con much earlier next year.

Room Tip: make sure you don't get a room facing the atrium.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your point of interest. We do apologize that you stay was less than what you had expected. Unfortunately our water park was down due to mechanical issues with equipment in the park. We are currently undergoing renovations and we invite you to come back once they have been completed. Please note that your feedback will handled with the most high regard in order to improve our quality of service.
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a weekend to remember. When you stay at the hotel, you have the option to receive tickets to the indoor water park that is attached to the hotel. In addition to this option, you also have a indoor pool, hot tub and several other items in the atrium. Breakfast was served at one of the restaurants located within the hotel complex. There were actually three restaurants in the hotel complex and a small concession pool side. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If you have kids, this is a fun place to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GeraldH35883
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was memorable for you. We hope to see you back when our water park attractions open back up on Aug. the 30th.
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I shceduled a trip from Columbus Ohio to Indianapolis around a day at this waterpark hotel with my 11, 6 and 5 year old girls. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency the first two days and was going there the last day. I called the day before my arrival to ask if I could get my zoo passes prior to checking in since I got the zoo package. The response was, "did you know the waterpark was closed for a month for repair/ maintenance?" No one had bothered to contact me or other customers in the prior week when the waterpark closed. My kids were heartbroken and I could have scheduled a trip at a different time or to a different city had they contacted me. I then asked for a couple nights free to make up for the fact I rented a car, drove 250 miles, had to pay for another hotel, etc. The three day trip Indy was nice but it cost a lot and the kids were really disappointed we were not able to go to the waterpark as that was the reason for the trip. The front desk manager did not return my first two phone calls. And both she and the regional sales manager did not seem to understand the impact there ineptitude in proactive communication had on my trip and my family. Customer service is certainly not a priority for this staff. I would suggest no one ever take the chance by staying here.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere.
1 Thank Loxo1971
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize that you were not contacted about the water park, at this time we are currently undergoing renovations for mechanical issues. I am sorry that you were not able to experience our water park at this time. We do invite you to come back with us in September once we have completed our renovations.So sorry about the frustrations that occurred with your reservation, please note that all feedback will be handled accordingly.