“Save your time and money, this place is filthy and the water park is a joke!”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #158 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I waited almost 30 min in the hot and stuffy lobby just to check in and I guess was lucky that my room was even ready because there were several people who tried to check in but apparently there room was not ready. This should've been the first indication of the disappointment to follow. There were elevators out of order, the hallways were dirty, our non smoking room smelled of stale smoke and there were cigarette burns in one of the chairs, one of beds had a noticeable dip in the middle, there were no towels in our room not even a washcloth, ice machines didn't work, one of the main pools and spa area inside the water park was closed off with caution tape, it was suffocatingly hot and no fresh air, not enough tubes for the lazy river and even the sitting chairs were dirty and some falling apart, we asked 3 times for pool towels and there were none available. If that isn't enough to scare you away from staying here than all I can say is "I told u so". The only good thing was getting a refund and leaving!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank TSpencer74
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize that you had to wait for quite sometime in order to check in. Please not that all of your feedback provided to us will be used to make our hotel better for our guests. We hope that during your time here that you were able to enjoy our water park facilities!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can see why others get upset regarding the water park. When I checked in, there was a notice about the waterpark being closed due to mechanical failure. I had no interest in using the waterpark, but I believe it was shut down the entire weekend. The interior atrium and pool smelled HORRIBLY of chlorine. I couldn't even stand to be in the hallway more than the time it took to unload my car, and walk out when we were going somewhere. Thankfully, the room did not smell. The air conditioner was ok, it kept the room cold, but sounded like landing gear clunking into place when it was about to turn off. The bed was as hard as the ground, and the pillows were, as my wife described them "sleeping on a cardboard box with a little cotton thrown in". The hallway was roasting every time we went out, and the ice machine provided 3/4 of the way melted ice. If they updated some fixtures, perhaps it could be ok again. Ok for the price, but I will certainly book my hotel for Gen Con much earlier next year.

Room Tip: make sure you don't get a room facing the atrium.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your point of interest. We do apologize that you stay was less than what you had expected. Unfortunately our water park was down due to mechanical issues with equipment in the park. We are currently undergoing renovations and we invite you to come back once they have been completed. Please note that your feedback will handled with the most high regard in order to improve our quality of service.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a weekend to remember. When you stay at the hotel, you have the option to receive tickets to the indoor water park that is attached to the hotel. In addition to this option, you also have a indoor pool, hot tub and several other items in the atrium. Breakfast was served at one of the restaurants located within the hotel complex. There were actually three restaurants in the hotel complex and a small concession pool side. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If you have kids, this is a fun place to go.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GeraldH35883
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was memorable for you. We hope to see you back when our water park attractions open back up on Aug. the 30th.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I shceduled a trip from Columbus Ohio to Indianapolis around a day at this waterpark hotel with my 11, 6 and 5 year old girls. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency the first two days and was going there the last day. I called the day before my arrival to ask if I could get my zoo passes prior to checking in since I got the zoo package. The response was, "did you know the waterpark was closed for a month for repair/ maintenance?" No one had bothered to contact me or other customers in the prior week when the waterpark closed. My kids were heartbroken and I could have scheduled a trip at a different time or to a different city had they contacted me. I then asked for a couple nights free to make up for the fact I rented a car, drove 250 miles, had to pay for another hotel, etc. The three day trip Indy was nice but it cost a lot and the kids were really disappointed we were not able to go to the waterpark as that was the reason for the trip. The front desk manager did not return my first two phone calls. And both she and the regional sales manager did not seem to understand the impact there ineptitude in proactive communication had on my trip and my family. Customer service is certainly not a priority for this staff. I would suggest no one ever take the chance by staying here.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Loxo1971
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize that you were not contacted about the water park, at this time we are currently undergoing renovations for mechanical issues. I am sorry that you were not able to experience our water park at this time. We do invite you to come back with us in September once we have completed our renovations.So sorry about the frustrations that occurred with your reservation, please note that all feedback will be handled accordingly.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is a joke. Will never stay or attempt to stay here again. Arrived six o'clock Sunday, August 4th. Front Desk said oh we notified you about the water park right. I said no. They argued with me and said yes you received a call from us about the water park being closed for the month of August. I have a nine year old daughter that was looking forward to the water park. If I knew it was closed, wouldn't make reservations would I. Asked if they could make recommendation for another kid friendly hotel. They said there are lots of hotels in Indy. No kidding. I called on Monday to make reservation there for Sunday asked if there was any problem with water park. I was told absolutely not water park was just great. I gave them e-mail, cell phone, and home phone. I received no notification whatsoever. Spent over an hour looking for another hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a letter I recently wrote to Holiday Inn Caribbean Cove. They have decided to not respond to me so I am sharing my experience in hopes of saving another family. In my letter I did not even complain about the actual water park which was falling apart. There was water leaking from the tubes, There is red crab slide thing in the kiddy area that is coming apart and the lazy river water looked so filthy that I was afraid to get in it.

I recently bought a Living Social deal to use at your hotel. I was very excited to take my daughter and her friends to celebrate her 10th birthday. Had I know the night we would experience I would have been better to take her camping in the woods.
Let me tell you a little bit about our visit.
1. I stood in line for 45 minutes to check in. After about 20 minutes I asked my husband to take the girls to the regular pool so they could start having fun while I waited in line. This worked out great thanks to the locker rooms.
2. Dropped off our bags in the room. I hurried to change so we could get to the water park. We did not know we had to bring our own towels when visiting your establishment. It would have been very helpful to know this fact. Went to the window to ask for towels and they were out.
3. Decided to use our pizza coupon at the café upstairs. This was probably the high point of our visit which says a lot because of everything your hotel offers, my expectations we not very high.
4. Went back to our room to take showers and get cleaned up after being in water park. Keep in mind we did NOT get towels at the park. Went in bathroom and found our room was made up with 1 washcloth!!! NO TOWELS not even a hand towel was in the room. How do you expect guests to clean themselves if you do not provide these items? Have you been in this water park?
5. Went to front desk to ask for towels. “Sorry we are out. We will have housekeeping bring some to your room”.
I visited the front desk 2 other times (around 10pm being the last time) asking for towels at one point a young male employee over heard me asking and offered what he had in his hand. These ended up being the floor towels that people use. He said he would be by our room in 10-15 minutes. By 11:00 still no towels. We had still not showered after being in your water park!!!
6. After being in room for a little while, we started to realize just how hot it was getting in room. I checked the thermostat to find it was 80 degrees in room. Thermostat was set at 60 degrees. There is a box fan already in room.
7. Went to front desk again at 8:30 to talk to them about air conditioner. Was told they were out of rooms with 2 beds. They gave me 2 options. Get another fan or move to another room. Another room was my choice only housekeeping would have to get one ready. This would take time and they would call me when it was ready. After 30 minutes I went back to the front desk and told them we would suffer in our room because it was taking too long. She literally handed me a brand new box fan to take back to my room. I had to ask her for an extension cord. My question is if you knew the air conditioning was already not working in this room why would you sell it and not sell the one with working air conditioning? If it was because our room was pool side you can think again, we were behind the little food area. No way great ambiance of being next to the pool.
8. We tried to play games in our room that my daughter spent a lot of time planning. Around 11:00 we decided to take a walk around the hotel to cool off. At this point we ran into the young male employee again, we spoke to earlier about towels. He did not have any with him and said we were on his list.
9. We finally received towels at 12:01 Sunday morning.
My girls finally fell asleep around 1am after complaining about the noise of the fans and the heat from not using them. We went to breakfast where we finished our meal before anyone even came to offer drinks. I had to track someone down for that.
We did visit the water park again Sunday morning and took the room towels with us. It was a good thing we did because by 10:30, believe it or not, they were out of towels again. And there were not that many people in the water park.
When we were leaving the hotel I asked to speak to the manager on duty. I spoke to Emily Ball about all of the problems we had while visiting your hotel. She apologized, but said there was nothing more she could do since I had used a Living Social deal. She stated that I needed to call Living Social and let them know what happened and they would compensate me with a refund.
I called and spoke to Roberto from Living Social, Sunday afternoon and was told that since I had used the deal that the only thing they could do was credit me $5 to my account. He did credit me an extra $5, bringing it to ten because of such a bad experience I had.
While I understand that I did not personally pay your hotel for our visit, I did buy the deal to use from them. Living Social had nothing to do with our awful visit at your establishment.
Due to the very troubling and extremely disappointing stay at your hotel, I respectfully request to be refunded the full price of the Living Social voucher, minus the $10.00 that Living Social is willing to reimburse. The full cost of the voucher was ($169.00),minus $10.00 equals a total of ($159.00), which I am requesting reimbursement. It is my sincere hope that you and your company stand behind its customers and make things right when those customers experience situations like the one described above. My family usually has very good experiences when we stay at other Holiday Inn hotels. It would be disheartening to think that our experience with Holiday Inn this weekend, would end those good experiences we have had in the past. Please feel free to contact me personally at (317) 710-3725 if you would like to discuss this matter further

Melissa Vastag

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vastag

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback provided by your most recent stay with us. I do apologize the your experience with us was less than memorable. Please understand that ALL of your concerns will be taken up with the appropriate departments and will be addressed accordingly. So sorry that during your stay that we had a shortage of towels and I will make sure that these issues do get addressed with housekeeping so that more can be ordered. Thank you for your concerns and feedback, as we will use this information to improve the overall effectiveness of our hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I could not have been more impressed the staff was amazing ! The atmosphere was relaxing. all staff was family friendly. My children LOVED the water park! I was impressed on how clean it was and how well the lifeguards were, they amazed me, The lifeguards took there job serious. They definitely care about the safety of everybody such a wonderful feeling for a mother of small children to know there are other eyes actually watching out for others. The free breakfast was a big plus the food was excellent , fresh and hot a wonderful buffet the waiters and waitress were so friendly. From the moment I walked up to check in and throughout our stay we felt welcomed . Great job staff we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We could walk out our sliding glass doors right to the pool we loved it! FOR US A ROOM BY THE POOL A...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jenny l
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are very pleased that you were elated with your stay here with us at the CCH. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your time with us. Our primary concern at the Caribbean Cove is to make sure the guests are being taken care of first! We hope to see you again soon at the Cove.