“Got what I paid for. Better than I expected.”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #153 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Walkerton, Indiana
“Got what I paid for. Better than I expected.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this stay on Hotwire so I did not choose the hotel. I noticed all the bad reviews of this hotel so I was a little apprehensive. I have to say it was not as bad as everyone said. There was plenty of parking and I was able to check in right away...(I did come in late). The exterior of the hotel was nice. The lobby was not real modern, but still nice. When I got to my room it was fine. Nothing great but I only paid ($58 tax included). The pillows were not that great and the mattress either, but I slept well. The only negative on the room is running out of hot water consistently. You are able to hear outside of your room pretty easily so that is a downfall. I would say at one time this was a great place. The building is getting a little aged but not to the point of run down. It could be a little cleaner. This hotel does have a great atrium for kids. I would say this place is very kid friendly. I would say if you have a room on the atrium it would be noisy. I would bet kids would have a great time here but the parents would struggle because it is not modern and new. I would guess that kids could be kids here. In summary, not a bad inexpensive hotel. Don't be afraid to stay here. If you want solitude, this is probably not the best place, a little noisy. The continental breakfast was pathetic...lol

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room off the atrium.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jreed37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is very dated, dingy, run down. The floors are dirty, the walls have peeling paint, bathroom doors are chipped all along the bottom. You would be better sleeping on the floor because the beds are so terribly hard. The water park is disgusting and ran by children the water literally looked like piss it was so yellow. The sad part is this place has alot of potential and could look awesome. I loved the way the hotel atrium had a "inside out" look. I really think its time for rennovations to improve it. Good thing was there was so much chlorine in the water I dont have to worry about our son getting any diseases.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed July 2013
Plymouth, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Please listen to all these negative reviews. They are not exaggerations. It is filthy. The rooms were not ready at checking. I wish I could post a picture of the line out the door to check in. Too 40 minutes with only four people in front of us. Apparently they ad to manually go check a room to see if it was ready. they would just pick a random room, go check it, and come back. The waterpark was disgusting and filled with hoodlums that pretty much have the run of the place. The hotel allows people to have parties in the atrium until past 1AM (our room faced the atrium). The beds were awful as we're the sandpaper linens. Between having my wisdom teeth out and staying here again, I would pick my wisdom teeth. At least they give you something for the pain.

Room Tip: Pick a room that does not face the atrium in case there is a party.
Nappanee
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Extremely dirty, dirty,dirty! Everything is broke down and smelly. The worst hotel I have stayed in. They need lessons on cleanliness and upkeep. Dark and dinge. My kids that are 5 & 10 said this hotel is gross. The water park is not worth the admission. Not enough tubes for slides and lazy river. The lazy river water was dinge and murkey. The hot tub water was Luke warm. Just a total disappointment all around. I will never go back and never recommend my worst acquaintance to stay there. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY. Look for a better place to stay they have no idea how to run a hotel and water park. They need to take lessons from Key lime Cove, Northwest of Chicago.

Room Tip: No good rooms. Very dirty hotel.
1 Thank Familyfun1999
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited this hotel 4 years ago and was very impressed. We wanted something fun for our family to do and decided we would stay 1 night and play at the waterpark and arcade. We checked-in and within 1 hour we checked-out! The waterpark is very run down. The water was very murky, the nice hot tub that looked like a hotspring had been drained and was vaccant, the other hot tub was out of service, the pirate ship had yellow caution tape over the tunnel and another part uptop of the pirate ship, the pillow around the spray crab was torn and floating loose at the bottom, the teter totter was broken too, all the tubes for the lazy river/water slides were deflated. I asked a lifeguard if there was someone who pumped up the tubes without looking at me he stated "no". The arcade was smokin hot and I inquired if the air was broken. I was told it kicks on and off, but it's mostly off. One of the walls at the hotel pool that had live plants had been removed and the wall opening was covered with pink foam insulation. How disappointing to our family! Our oldest daughter was very sad. However, I'm not going to pay $200.00 for a park that makes me feel "dirty" just being in the water. We were not under the impression that any renovations were taking place or were going to take place in the near future. The phones have not even been replaced and still say "Holiday Inn".

2 Thank Amanda P
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I arrived with my family and was was scared to to the reviews but we had a wonderful time. The water park was up and running and in very good condition compared to some of the other reivews. We had used the room service and the food was very good!! When we checked in we had an employee named JT check us into the hotel and he was so nice and pleasant and attentive to our needs that is really felt like home! I really think that people should really give the place a try.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are delighted to hear that during your time with us you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. Our number priority is to make sure all of our guests are taken care accordingly with their needs. We hope very soon that we will see you back at the Caribbean Cove,