“Excellent place to have a Wedding”

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #150 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent place to have a Wedding”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Everything was wonderful! I got married to the love of my life on June 23rd, 2012. The Caribbean Cove was the best choice I could have ever made. The staff was excellent to work with and made sure I had the best day possible. I received compliments from all of my guest of the wonderful food and the beautiful decor.
I first worked with Ronnie Walker who made sure that every detail of my experience was what I envisioned. He kept in constant contact with me and made sure I felt like a valued customer every step of the way. He introduced me to the General Manager, Bob West. On the day of my wedding rehearsal Bob stopped in and made sure me and my guest had everything we needed. He also went the extra mile to make that night special for us.
The day of the wedding, I met with Dzanna. She was efficient, pro-active, and easy to work with ensuring every detail was covered. I felt like a princess. Better yet, I felt heard and respected on one of the most special days of my life. I could not have had as wonderful of an experience without each and every person.

Mr. and Mrs. Donald and Ariane Stallard (Smith)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is fairly clean and I think the management does really try with whatever resources are available to them. The area it's in was probably "the" area back in the 70's and 80's, but now seems to be on the decline as the city grows outward. You can tell it's an older hotel that has been updated, but sometimes that's not all bad. This is our second stay and despite my overall favorable account of it, we'll most likely stay elsewhere next time...

The waterpark is also really starting to show its age, without repairs to what's needed...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
valann38
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We took all out kids and grand kids here and are having a great time. The front desk arranged for our four rooms to be all together with a huge deck we all shared that overlooked the indoor pool and activity area. It made a great place for congregating the entire group. The waterpark has something for all ages and the service is excellent--from the front desk to the waiters to the lifeguards. They are definitely doing a great job of training their staff on customer service. I highly recommend this place for large family groups.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our company held a meeting in the conference center midweek. The waterpark isn't open during school days/weeks, so the hotel facility was completely empty. It was weird to be in a 4th floor hotel room (key access only on that floor) and not hear anything. No doors closing, no footsteps. You would think that would be ideal, but it was kind of eerie.

I had good service. The rooms are good sized, but old and tired. The floor in my room was shiny from years of being walked on and having bags dragged over it. I'm sure it would be fine for a night with the kids. (Although Wisconsin Dells has some pretty nice waterpark hotels, so it is possible to have a quality room .)

Oddity- If you're carrying boxes or heavy items, the only way to access the upper level meeting rooms is with this dressed-up freight elevator that you have to operate by holding down a button. It's cool-looking, but tough to operate if you're actually carrying boxes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cassyt
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your response. The last few months of the year our hotel typically is a little less busy. We are a great hotel for families but also big enough that business travelers can get away and enjoy some piece and quiet. Our hotel has something for everyone!
Omaha, USA
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family stayed at Caribbean Cove on Thanksgiving night during a holiday trip to see relatives. We are a married middle-aged couple and two teenage boys.

We did not go to the waterpark, but there is a regular hotel that guests can use. This is a huge hotel, with numerous wings and a large atrium containing the pool, arcade, pool tables, and sitting areas. Breakfast is served in the St. Paul restaurant, and there is also a sports bar and considerable conference space.

Our first room included a king bed and a pull-out couch that was too small for two teenage boys. The hotel switched us to a new room, which contained two full-size beds rather than the hoped-for queen beds. Full-size beds are not large. We managed for a night in tight sleeping arrangements.

The toilet in the second room clogged, and it took the hotel staff 90 minutes to fix it. During our second visit to the front desk, it was revealed that the maintenance person was unexpectedly gone, and no one could locate a plunger anywhere. Frustrating. Fortunately, it eventually got cleared at about 11:30 pm.

Our room must have been adjacent to the HVAC system, because it was really loud in the bathroom. However, the noise was not bad in the sleeping area.

Overall, rooms are average and adequate.

Caribbean Cove is not the right choice for businesspeople or couples, or for particularly picky travelers. However, it works well for young families hitting the waterpark, or for groups holding reunions and parties in the atrium.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the atrium have a nice view, but might be noisy. Our room faced outside. Not sure...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Hotel allows way too much noise way too late. It was so noisy that we could not sleep until at least midnight. Compllaints were simply answered with "we can not control other people's children" who were screaming chanting running through halls knocking on doors until after midnight. Not at all what we paid for!

• Stayed November 2012
CCH M, Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your response. We do have overnight security at our hotel and although it is hard to manage a hotel full of over 600 guests on certain nights we are working to keep noise levels down. We do encourage parents to keep an eye on there children in late hours of the night and do have a policy to remove any guests are continually disturbing other hotel guests after receiving a warning. Thank you for your input and we work to correct this issue.
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The kids really enjoyed the waterpark - that was the whole point of the trip. They were entertained for hours the whole weekend. My advice for the hotel - get queen beds - most people are traveling with kids and the kids sleep with them - full size beds just aren't big enough - we ended up sleeping on the floor. Also on the weekends there are not enough inner tubes for the crowds, so going during the week is better. The best part for me was the breakfast. Every day we had a great choice of potatoes garnished well, french toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, cereals, fruit and yogurt. We were given wonderful attention by the waiter. I had to give this a "4" based on the beds though!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room closer to the back where the waterpark is
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you soo much for your positive response! We appreciate you taking the time to let us and everyone else know you had a great time at our hotel. We are always working to make our hotel a better place for you and our guests, so thank you again for your input!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Quality Inn Indianapolis North
Best Western Country Suites
#54 of 179 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyrami...
#108 of 179 in Indianapolis

Been to Rodeway Inn North Conference Center? Share your experiences!