Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.
Ranked #126 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was looked nice and was in a nice area (the area was maintained well and was close to many dining options, shopping options, and a grocery store). The staff responded quickly to all requests. The room had a couch and kitchenette in it. There were some small things that I didn't like. The breakfast provided left something wanting. The pool water was cold and the front desk was not actively occupied after 11 pm (there was a notification that warned of this but it was located at the front desk). I think this would be a good place to enjoy an extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to read the kind comments about the responsiveness of our staff, however, I was disappointed to learn that we were not able to meet all your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my supervisor so we can work to make minor tweaks to improve the overall experience of all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at ind@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is clean but definitely ready for a few updates. Free breakfast consists of coffee, granola bars, oatmeal, apples, and oranges. Hotel is okay for the price. Will I stay again? Probably not. It wasn't a bad stay, just that I think there are better choices out there.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our offerings moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at IND@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had read some reviews before my trip and I was somewhat concerned; however, with this motel you get pretty much what you are paying for. It's not a 3 or 4 star hotel so my expectations were not very high. I booked through Priceline and paid about $40 a night which I must say was a good deal for what I got; clean room, clean sheets, grab and go breakfast (fruits, oatmeal, muffins and beverage), safe and convenient to the interstate. The only complaint I have is with the hot water! I had read a review that had mentioned the same thing and I must say it is definitely true. For some reason they have a hot water problem at this motel. It's either non-existent or you have to run the tap for a while to get some and even then it's barely lukewarm, something needs to be done. Other than that It was okay, and yes I was given a room on the 1st floor but that was okay by me. I gave it 4 stars because I feel I got a good value for what I paid, perhaps If i had paid a bit extra I might not be so generous!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed just one night and the room exceeded our expectations. The staff was outstanding and very anxious to make our stay pleasant. Everything was clean and fresh and the room was thoughtfully laid out. Our only disappointment was the bedding. It was of low quality. The blanket was very thin and the bedspread was the cheap kind that is very light weight and slick so it slid off of the bed all night. However the bed itself was comfortable. If you plan to take advantage of the breakfast be sure to arrive early because a half hour before it closed only apples and oatmeal were left. Overall though, we wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: This hotel allows pets, so if you have any allergies you might want to ask if they have pet free roo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to them.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My 2 young kids and I took a few days mini vaca! I used hotwire and didn't know where we would be staying until after I paid, when I got the name of this hotel, I read the reviews and I admit I was nervous as soon as we checked in before bringing anything in, I "inspected" our room.. Since other reviews claim bug issues and dirty rooms. The room was clean, never found a bug except an ant. We had plenty of HOT water in our room! The room was comfy, we were on the second floor near a stair exit, never heard any noise. The girl who checked us in on 4-14 wasn't very friendly or nice, but the other 2 employees we encountered were. My only complaint is the pool! I was sad there was no hot tub (my daughter loves the hot water :) ) But I tried to convince her that it would be ok in a heated pool, but the water was freezing cold! The pool room felt well heated but the water was not heated. We spent 20 minutes trying to adjust to the temp but my lil guy was shivering with blue lips so the pool was out! :( Otherwise nice hotel especially for hotwire price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

the hotel price is great dont get me wrong ,but the place has no hot water ,they put their guests that are staying for weeks and weeks on the 2nd and or 3rd floor where it should be the other way around. and let me repeat myself YOU HAVE NO HOT WATER.....the pool smells of horrible chemicals .why would i wanna swim in there ?they have no breakfast ,they give you an apple or bannanna and tell you to have a nice day..cmon really i pay all this money and thats all i get ...my suggestion might be nice for one night but not as they say an EXTENDED STAY..... ohhh yea my freezer doesnt make ice...and no HOT WATER ...that is all carry on and be advised

Room Tip: my ti is not to choos this place,just go down the street and pay 10.00 more for a free continental b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our "Breakfast To Go" menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical items include gourmet coffee, muffins, fresh fruit, granola bars, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My company put me up at this hotel for several months. The staff here and the location are really the only positive things I can say about this Extended Stay. The staff was always very friendly and welcoming. The location is convenient to the highway and many restaurants are nearby.

It's inexpensive for a long term hotel, but as they say, you get what you pay for. I wish my company had paid the extra $10 a night for the hotel I am now at much sooner.

The not so good is that the hotel is quite warn down and in desperate need of fresh paint, carpeting and other updates. As soon as you get beyond the lobby and walk toward the elevator you'll see how dirty the carpeting is. Watch closely as the elevator doors open and you might spot some bugs quickly scurry away.

Enter your room and like mine, you might find the table or something else had been chewed on by a pet that stayed there before. You'll also probably find pet hair on the carpeting and other surfaces. I spent hours the first night I was there cleaning the pet hair from the room, which was better than the first room that I rejected because the hair was overwhelming.

The bed had a dip in the middle and really did a number on my back in the months I was there. The hallways regularly smelled, sometimes from people cooking, other times from trash in the trash room and still other times from people smoking in their room (which is not allowed).

I should note that I moved to this hotel from the Extended Stay off Michigan as an upgrade. This location was indeed better than that, but not by that much.

They've made some minor updates since they rebranded from Homestead to Extended Stay, but it's all superficial so far. Much more work is needed, though. The staff seems to care, so I'm sure they'd love to see the updates too.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Michael C
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that Our facility was not up to standard, we will address the issues immediately . In response to your feedback, I am very happy that our staff provided you with great Service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at jshirley@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.