“place sucks please be advised” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St.
Ranked #135 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“place sucks please be advised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

the hotel price is great dont get me wrong ,but the place has no hot water ,they put their guests that are staying for weeks and weeks on the 2nd and or 3rd floor where it should be the other way around. and let me repeat myself YOU HAVE NO HOT WATER.....the pool smells of horrible chemicals .why would i wanna swim in there ?they have no breakfast ,they give you an apple or bannanna and tell you to have a nice day..cmon really i pay all this money and thats all i get ...my suggestion might be nice for one night but not as they say an EXTENDED STAY..... ohhh yea my freezer doesnt make ice...and no HOT WATER ...that is all carry on and be advised

Room Tip: my ti is not to choos this place,just go down the street and pay 10.00 more for a free continental b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our "Breakfast To Go" menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical items include gourmet coffee, muffins, fresh fruit, granola bars, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grand Ledge, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My company put me up at this hotel for several months. The staff here and the location are really the only positive things I can say about this Extended Stay. The staff was always very friendly and welcoming. The location is convenient to the highway and many restaurants are nearby.

It's inexpensive for a long term hotel, but as they say, you get what you pay for. I wish my company had paid the extra $10 a night for the hotel I am now at much sooner.

The not so good is that the hotel is quite warn down and in desperate need of fresh paint, carpeting and other updates. As soon as you get beyond the lobby and walk toward the elevator you'll see how dirty the carpeting is. Watch closely as the elevator doors open and you might spot some bugs quickly scurry away.

Enter your room and like mine, you might find the table or something else had been chewed on by a pet that stayed there before. You'll also probably find pet hair on the carpeting and other surfaces. I spent hours the first night I was there cleaning the pet hair from the room, which was better than the first room that I rejected because the hair was overwhelming.

The bed had a dip in the middle and really did a number on my back in the months I was there. The hallways regularly smelled, sometimes from people cooking, other times from trash in the trash room and still other times from people smoking in their room (which is not allowed).

I should note that I moved to this hotel from the Extended Stay off Michigan as an upgrade. This location was indeed better than that, but not by that much.

They've made some minor updates since they rebranded from Homestead to Extended Stay, but it's all superficial so far. Much more work is needed, though. The staff seems to care, so I'm sure they'd love to see the updates too.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Michael C
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that Our facility was not up to standard, we will address the issues immediately . In response to your feedback, I am very happy that our staff provided you with great Service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at jshirley@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am about to complete my 5th month here at the Extended Stay America-West 86th Street in Indianapolis, IN. I wanted to give an update to previous reviews I have given over the past months.
Service is such an important thing these days. I want to commend Jason Shirley, Kristy and Kimberly at the front desk for their professionalism and making me feel very much "at home" during my stay here. While I plan on finding an apartment to rent once Spring arrives and the weather is more conducive to looking for one, it is great to know that I have my nice one bedroom suite here.
Over an extended stay of five months things do come up now and then. Whenever I have gone to the desk to talk to Kristy, Kimberly, or Jason, I have always been treated kindly and my issue has ALWAYS been resolved to my satisfaction--without needing to push for a resolution.
Jason, in particular, is one of the most responsive managers of an "inn" that I have ever encountered in my years of travel around the USA and into South America.
I highly recommend this location when you are in Indy and need somewhere to call "home."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Indyron1
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your shower curtain wasn't replaced and that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love for you to continue staying here at Extended Stay America. Please don't hesitate to rely on me for your future stays at 317.334.7829 and ask for Jason Shirley and I will personally make your reservation for you here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Indianapolis Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have visited and stayed in this Property during December 2012 and came back in January 2013 The reception was great the rooms were clean and excellent in fact I had to ask for the same suite when I came back in January 2013 stayed went and came back on the 21st January 2013 and was put in the same Suite clean excellent rooms.The property has the Best receptionist and attendants and staff. The Management is Excellent .You feel at home and in a safe secure environment . People like the Manager the attendants at the front desk like Kimberly Kristi Aston etc are great workers at the front desk congratulations for all your efforts to keep us comfortable.Working business travelers have this place convenient for their stay.this is bernard

Room Tip: The rooms are great with well spaced suites and studios I prefer higher floors are specious and qui...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Thank you Bernard for the kind words and know you are always welcomed to stay here and we welcome you back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again at the. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays at 317.334.7829 and ask for Jason Shirley and I will personally make your reservation for you here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were disappointed in nearly every aspect of our stay. The staff was unhelpful, UNPROFESSIONAL, and at times rude. On several occasions they spoke negatively about other guests in front of me while I waited in the lobby. They did not have some services that were advertised and were completely unapologetic about it. Many areas were dirty, and we weren't sure if the room was cleaned before we came and we KNOW the hallways, common areas were not. The bathtub stopper not only didn't work, but didn't fit at all and was completely broken. The kitchen amenities were very lacking - dishwasher didn't drain and pots & pans were awful. Hole in the wall between living room and bedroom so there is no blocking out the sound. "Continental breakfast" is TERRIBLE. Some days it is a muffin and a piece of fruit, and the other days it is a plain bagel and a piece of fruit. I have seen other hotels with a spread better than that upheld 24 hours a day in the lobby. The gym opens "whenever we get around to it," so it was never open before my husband had to be at work, and the breakfast as well didn't start until 7:00am so it is not very business-friendly.

Pluses are that there is a TV in the living room and the bedroom, and the couch is a pull-out bed (although it is TERRIBLY uncomfortable).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, January 21, 2013

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Continental Breakfast menu. We recently just changed our breakfast to a Grab and Go Breakfast and have added more items since you stayed here.

Littleton, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean rooms, pleasant staff, and good breakfast. We have been traveling more frequently for business, and found your staff and our experience to be rather enjoyable. The hotel amenities are accomodating to the business traveler, and basically had everything I would need to complete my assignments. I was fond of the staff, who were eager to help me out if I had a concern or needed a change in anything. Thanks again...I will highly recommend this hotel to our management and friends looking for recommendations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - West 86th St., responded to this review, January 14, 2013

Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at this property and was surprised at how attentive the staff was. The check in process went great and I didn't even have a reservation. Kristy is a great asset to your company, by the way. I asked a housekeeper for a pillow and she was eager to help. Will definitely stay again when I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo