“Some improvement needed.”

Ranked #129 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
A TripAdvisor Member
“Some improvement needed.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room ws clean, sufficient for a landing place while working. My recommendation ...
The pillows were difficult to sleep on, either stuffed to over capacity or flat and unmoving. Additionally, the walls were very thin, allowing conversations from the adjacent from to be easily heard. I prefer my privacy, I 'm sure others do as we'll.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, sufficient breakfast. Overall, good feeling of the safe and quiet place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Portland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in Sept of 2011. We were so impressed, we came back in Aug 2012 & Sept 2012. We plan to stay there again in Aug & Sept of 2013. The facilities are showing their age, but it's always clean & the staff is always friendly. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy!! The location is great, near lots of stuff & resturants. The pool is great & the hot tub excellent.The free breakfast is awesome - it's your own fault if you walk away hungry. Needless to say, we love this place. Every time we have to stay in Indy, we plan to stay here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews on this site, I approached this hotel with some concern. My concerns were groundless. The room was clean, no smoke smell, and the floor did not stick. The bed was quite comfortable and everything worked as it was supposed to. My only issues were that the carpet could stand to be replaced, and the thing to turn the shower on was hard to move. I brought these to the front desk clerk's attention at checkout, so hopefully they have been dealt with since then

• Stayed August 2012
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The reason I gave 4 - very good is the free pass to Costco next door. Otherwise 3.5.

My room didn't smell smoky. Furnitures and everything else were out-dated.
There is NO elevator! Get the first floor if you can! Free breakfast was from 6-9am. Some cereals, muffins, waffles, bagles, orange/apple juices.

Free Internet was excellent. Wi-Fi signal was good but I brought an ethernet RJ-45 cable, so instead I hooked my ethernet cable to the wall. Average speed was about 16Mbps (2.0Mb/s) which was nice. ISP is Comcast business.

Using the Fridge and the Microwave were a bit tricky.

Both were switched OFF at arrival so you have to turn the switch on the power tap to use them.
It is located on top of the fridge.
If you are planning to use them both at the same time, the fuse goes off in 30 secs and had to wait for few minutes to cool the fuse down and to switch back on.
Best advice to use the microwave is to take the fridge cord out while using microwave and when you're done, put the cord back in to use the fridge. Never use them both at the same time.

Pro: Overall, good value. Free Wi-Fi, cable Internet good speed. Breakfast, Linens and Beds were okay.

Con: Noise from the hall and the room next to can be heard loud and clear in the room due to the thin door/wall with no sound insulation/isolation. Furniture, wallpaper need some work or need to be updated.

Pool and fitness room were a okay.

You can go shopping at Costco next to the Days Inn without a Costco membership card.
Just take your room key to the Costco exit door and get the temporary pass from the customer service counter by showing your Days Inn room key.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked through priceline and based on the reviews I almost canceled to go elsewhere. So glad I didn't! The building looked somewhat dated but clean, the lobby was interesting with the staircase in the middle separating the frount desk and breakfast area. Our room was clean and not less then 5 minutes after we arrived a housekeeper checked to make sure we had everything, the pool was nice and clean, wasn't able to use hot tub but it looked very inviting. Only problem that I saw was no elevator, but we didn't mind walking up to the second floor.

We came for the Indy zoo and children's museum, but the desk clerk told us about the state fair and recommended some resturants that were kid friendly. I'll be booking with this place if we ever find ourselves in the area again

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Wubzy23
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel seemed nice checking in. We reserved a non-smoking room and it was definately a smoking room. That turned us off right away. Otherwise seemed nice. On entereing the bathroom though our feet stuck to the floor. We had just walked around Indianapolis Motor Speedway all day and our shoes were dirty and the floor was so sticky, it was black after each of us took turnes going to the bathroom. It was gross. You had to find your shoes in the dark in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Ridiculous. Also one of the pillows smelled awful. Overall it was nice besides those two things, but probably enough for me not to stay there again. Breakfast wa good in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family