“Not as clean as expected”

Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park
Ranked #140 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Not as clean as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The bathroom shower had what appeared to be either a scab that had fallen off of someone, or a booger, or soap residue in the soap tray. (I would like to think that it was the latter.) Either way, it obviously wasn't as clean as it should have been. As for the bed, it was comfortable and the linens appeared to be clean. The side door that we used because of it's proximity to our room would not close properly without force, so when we first checked in, and whenever we returned from an outing, it was always open. (Not sure how sure that made the whole building.) Spouse said we will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is HORRIBLE!!! When walking upinto building and at the different entrances their is piles of dog poop no one ever went to clean it up so watch where you walk. Up on entering the building and going to our room on the second floor. The hall way smelled soooo bad that i had to make it back outside to throw up. The carpet had pee and poop stains. When we opened our room door it smelled bad. The let out bed was so dingy and we were never givin sheets for the let out bed.we sleeped in long sleeves and jogging pants so we wouldnt have to come in contact with of anything. The shower felt like it was going to fall thru the floor we even took shower with our flip flops on. The people above us jumped and bumped so loud like they were at a club we had to call front desk multiple times. If it hadnt been for the fact that i booked through online agency i would have never stayed one night there .This place can be ok for anyone who likesto live NASTY!!! Extended Stay should take this place out of their name because it gives them a bad look!!! I personally would let my dog stay here if i had one. People your pets deserve better!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank softballgranny
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have had to stay here while our how was being repaired and then one rebuilt. From the very first day, we have been greeted with a wonderfully friendly and helpful staff. All of them from the managers, to the front desk staff to the maintenance staff have been helpful and very friendly. Always willing to help and quickly fix problems that might arise. It has been hard on us being away from our home, but we feel this is our second home.

The rooms are nice and everything works great, very clean, and had all the pots and pans and utensils we would need. Our air went out one day and in an hour, we had a brand new one, now that is service!!

I would highly recommend this hotel and this location to anyone! It was nice and quiet and peaceful and enjoyed the stay very much and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: I believe any room is good here, but we were on the second floor, and had no problems and were very...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words "
Post Falls, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is one of the most overpriced hotels I've ever stayed in and I've spent a 30 year career staying in hotels all over the country ranging from Hilton Gardens to places with used drug addict needles in the carpet. It's not one of the worst I've stayed in but it is definetly the most overpriced. It's a "pet friendly" hotel so I guess that's why the entire hallway and my room stank with dog urine. The room - the microwave didn't work properly. The carpet had many odd stains and stank. The pillows are so flat you would be better off sleeping on a rolled up t-shirt. The cable tv was a joke, 22 channels, nine of which were espn and news channels. This in a day when 40-60 channels is the norm in most hotels. It's an efficency room, the sink, dishes, refrigerator and stove were clean. The stove was electric and had only one working burner. The other three were missing. I can only assume that they weren't working so instead of fixing them they just removed them. The internet was something they called "light" and indicated that if I wanted "high speed" internet I had to pay a dollar a day more. It was a little slow but not unbearable. Oh yeah and the lamp by the bed didn't work. The bathroom was clean but needed a few repairs. In all I would say this was a $200 a week room selling for $311 a week. Even so I wouldn't stay here for $200 a week as I spend most of my time when not working watching tv and the cable really was pathetic. I also find it odd that they give you a stove and oven but no pots or pans to use in it. When was the last time you went on holiday and brought a cooking sheet and a frying pan with you ? Oh my god. While I was typing this review I found a horror in the oven. I don't think it's been cleaned since this place opened.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Steve P
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed seven days and everything was wonderful especially the staff recommend it to everyone!!! The room came with cookware...everything was clean...and if you needed anything all you had to do was ask front desk and they will do there best to get it for you

• Stayed September 2012
Rosie S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive reviews about our hotel. Its so nice to hear that valued guests such as yourself take the time to fill out this survey. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is okay if you need a quick place to stay. The hotel is not the best of location in walking distance to grocery nor a mall shopping enviroment. But, it is okay with restaurants in walking distance and a Costco nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WorldTraveler2492
Thank you for the postive comments about our hotel. We are doing new intiatives each day to provide excellant customer service and its good to hear your suggestions. thank you for filling out this survey and we hope to see you again in the future.
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here last week and it was a nice hotel. Staff was very nice. Rosie the hotel manager is a breath of fresh air! Would stay again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kdp618
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Indianapolis - Northwest - College Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.