“One of the fancier Towne Place Suites”

TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100
Ranked #70 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bangor ME
“One of the fancier Towne Place Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Most of the Towne Place Suites are pretty much the same, and, for the most part, so was this one. However, the room seemed a little nicer and the computer system was more accessible. It was mildly disconcerting that the desk help did not seem to know much about how to get to places in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay! It is our goal to make your stay a wonderful experience. Please let me know if you are in the Indianapolis area again. We would love for you to choose us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked this room online in early March 2012 so I could attend the Indy 500 for the weekend. The rate was lower, but with the hitch that I had to pay up front. The savings was good enough, and I usually stay at Marriott hotels, so I went ahead and provided by credit card information to process the charge.

We arrived late in the evening on a Thursday, greeted by a very friendly front desk representative. The service was great! We got right into out room. All was in place as expected. the stay was enjoyable, with the basic comforts as you would expect. The hotel is a bit dated, but not run down.

My issue came at checkout. Even though I had my online receipt showing I approved the charge back in March (it's now May), I was told that this must have fallen through the cracks, as the charge did not get processed at the actual hotel location. To keep this short, it turns out that the online form to reserve the room sends the information to the local hotel front desk, who in turn is expected to manually process the charge. Needless to say, I had to pay for the room, but was not pleased at the false expectation. Either Marriott needs to change their e-commerce automation, or make it bit more clear as to the process when customer reserve rooms online. Next time, I will just call the local hotel at book the room live.

Room Tip: Make sure your room in NOT next to the stairs to avoid foot traffic noise!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your room . I do aplogize there was an issue with your billing. I have looked into this procedure to ensure this does not happen again for future special evnets. Payment proccess are a little different during special event times and I apoligze your where not explained properly the prodedures. We do appreicate you choosing to stay with us and your loyalty to Marriott.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I wanted to share with everyone the wonderful experience I had staying at this hotel! First when we arrived the staff was there to assist me right away! The front desk staff was so friendly, organized, and it was an easy checkin. The front desk staff was kind and very gracious. The hotel itself was so clean and nicely decorated. It felt very much like home and was comfortable to be in. After checkin we went right up to our room and were right away satisfied with the cleanliness of everything. We needed a couple extra towels and blankets so we called housekeeping and the staff brought them up in just a matter of a couple minutes, once again with a smile on her face. The beds were very comfortable and we all slept very well. No noise coming from the halls or the rooms next to us. My family would stay here again with no problem! In the morning we ran into the manager of this hotel and she was so kind and caring. She asked several of us how our stay was and if she could get us anything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the surrounding area!! Thanks Towneplace Suites of Indy!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Erin M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! Our staff strives to offer the best service possible. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope to see you back very soon.
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I feel I am a very easy person to satisfy but when it came to this hotel, there was nothing satisfying about it. This was supposed to be a resting stop and was far from that. I checked in at 6pm with wife, toddler and 2 dogs. The front desk girl seemed to not know what she was doing and the bad part was she was training another girl on how to do the job. Right off the get go the pack and play that I requested was not in stock as I requested. Got to the room, the extra blankets I requested were not there either. Called for them and a worker brought me sheets!! So sat on the couch to relax, bad decision this was uncomfortable. So I layed on the bed, this was the worst bed ever. Got up and pulled the pull out mattress from the couch for my son, this was horrible and know I knew why the couch was so uncomfortable. Nobody got any sleep (maybe the dogs) and ended up checking out about 4:30 the next morning. This place should not have the Marriott name attached to it and as a Gold Member I can tell you this was the worst of around 20 Marriotts I ever set my foot in.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel, there are plenty others to choose from!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TheGreatOne11
I am very sorry to hear this and I would like to talk to you directly if I may to discuss this. This is not standard for our hotel and I would like to make this right.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in May with a group of people who were attending the Indy 500. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and got an excellent rate. The hotel was one of the few around that did not raise its rates for the race. For the group of us, this hotel proved to be a very cheap and comfortable option.

The hotel is nice. It seems well maintained and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and work out room are both small. The pool is supposed to be heated, but it was very cold while we were there. Perhaps they turn the heater off over the summer. The breakfast was smaller than I have experienced at other chains that provide free breakfast. It basically consisted of cold cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, and some yogurt. Since the room had a kitchen, we ate most of our breakfast's in the room anyway. The location of the hotel is convenient to highway access and is located within driving distance of descent restaurants although there is not much within walking distance except fast food. There is a Kroger right down the street to purchase groceries.

The beds were comfortable but a little on the soft side. The room was clean and in good shape. I don't know when the hotel was last renovated but it appeared well maintained. The couch/chairs were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. My only complaint is that it occasionally took 5 minutes for the water to warm up. The room was quiet and the AC worked well. There was a separate air conditioner in each bedroom and one in the living room which is nice because some people may prefer different sleeping temperatures. The couch in the living room was a pull out bed, but we did not use it. The room had 2 TVs and a wide variety of channels to watch. There is free wi fi throughout the hotel.

My complaints about the hotel are relatively minor but worth noting. The room had a funny smell to it. No one in my group could figure out exactly what it was. It wasn't exactly repulsive but it wasn't great either. Thankfully after you've been in the room for a few minutes, you get used to the smell and it goes away. The smell was restricted to this one room and not the rest of the hotel. It seems previous guests at the hotel also didn't like the smell as the AC in the living room was lined with lavender scented dryer sheets over the outgoing vent! Additionally, every day we were there, we were given only 3 sets of towels despite the fact that there are 4 people in the room. Considering the fact that room can sleep 6 people, you think they would have this figured out but we had to ask the front desk for extra towels every single day. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. All in all, I think the room was an excellent value and we are planning on staying again here next year for our annual trip to the 500.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ali L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Park 100, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you again!

Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Starting with the good parts. Front desk staff was competent and friendly, rooms clean, physical facility very nice. The suites have an excellent desk setup, with a table that can pull out into an "L" shape. Also for once, there were enough plugs built-in, no need for a power strip! Security is also nice, you have to card into the hotel, so random people don't walk the halls. But unfortunately, with the good stuff, comes some not so good stuff. The bed was the worst, soft to the point of lacking sufficient support, really had a sore back from sleeping there, time for an update/refresh there, I think. Breakfast is also very basic, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, some muffins and bagels, hard-boiled eggs, but nothing all that freshly made (eggs, etc.), and not always room to eat. Water pressure and heat was inconsistent. Wireless similarly was problematical, slow with a lot of drops if we pushed it too hard, others seemed to have similar problems. Other hotels are doing overall better for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Lowell, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the one in Keystone several years ago and this was EXACTLY as I remembered even though it was in a different location in Indy. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was GREAT!! Love having the kitchen with kids. Will come back again definitely!!! Not too far off I65 which made this perfect for us. We bid through Priceline and struck a killer deal which made this so much better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Next time you are in the area, Please look us up again for future reservations