“No problems”

Courtyard Indianapolis South
Ranked #90 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

When I stay in this category I just look at cleanliness and safety
This hotel was fine in both categories
Lobby looked just renovated
Would certainly stay here again if the need arose
Several chain restaurants are in walking distance

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank m m

Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a wonderful experience I had last week while traveling to Indianapolis on business. I chose to stay at the Courtyard Indianapolis South. It turned out to be a great decision. From the moment of my arrival to my departure 3 days later, I could not have had a higher level of friendly, personal service from the entire staff from Scott, the GM, Tori, Lacy, Terril and others. The food in the Bistro was very good...with my schedule, I ended up having 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner there...oh, and yes, a few Sam Adams as well...watched the All-Star game in the comfort and nice atmosphere of the lobby lounge area on the big screen TV...all in all, I had a great stay and would highly recommend to everyone that you will not be disappointed in selecting the Courtyard Indianapolis South for your next stay in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnWJr
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your stay experience. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. It's always special to us when guest's remember staff names once they get home. That means we made a connection with that guest and that is what being a Courtyard Service Expert is all about. Thanks for being our guest! We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent a week on a recent business trip staying at this hotel and was looked after and made at home by the great staff from the minute I arrived.
All the staff made this visit a home from home and although all the staff were great, Lacy and Tori always went the extra mile to ensure that everythig was ok.
The hotel itself is pertty good, but as usual, its the staff that make all the difference when we are tavelling and away from our family.
Thanks again guys, great job and I look forward to pestering you all again on all future trips to Indy thats for sure! :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for the very kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience. Week long business trips can be draining and I'm glad we were able to make the hotel feel a little like home to help make it easier for you. Thanks for being our guest and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Beautiful property. Breakfast was ok (fairly high priced for what it is, but it was much better than fast food etc!). They seemed a bit understaffed, and I was very disappointed to find they did not have any allergy friendly options really, and especially to not have any dairy free milk alternatives for the Starbuck's Espresso drinks. Other Courtyards have offered soy at least. Overall, great rooms, awesome housekeeping staff (friendly AND they do a great job), mostly pleasant front desk/food area staff. I brought my toddler and we had a suite and it worked out perfectly, and the location was perfect for as we have friends in Southport, and visited the zoo and museum while we were in town as well (maybe 20 min to each or so).

We will stay here again on future visits I'm sure!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a balcony and it was perfect placement. No noise, lots of privacy, great s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Arrived last night for a business trip, (going to be spending quite a bit of time in Indianapolis!), and was greated by Terril. She was lovely, even finding me the perfect room, away from the chaos of "tweens" here with their parents for a soccer tournament. This morning I was greated by Lacy in the Bistro and Tori at the front desk.... so nice to feel welcome. There is nothing like a smile and a hot cup of Starbuck's coffee at 6 AM. Planning on returning again several times over the next few months. The hotel is clean and inviting and there's great food at the bistro. I love Marriott, this one is now at the top of my list.

Room Tip: I've got a lovely little balcony, I highly recommend one if available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris F
smckay090, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Chris F

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and recognizing the hospitality of our Courtyard Service Experts! I'm happy to hear that we exceeded your stay expectations. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to be your lodging partner. We look forward to serving you again on future trips to Indianapolis.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here during the Sweet 16 in Indianapolis. The front desk staff was very welcoming and arranged a cab for us to get downtown as soon as we arrived. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing special, but the quality you would expect from a Marriot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Rooms are clean. That's about a good as it gets. The staff are nice enough. This facility is grossly understaffed. I arrived on Sunday afternoon and hoped to get service at the food area/bar. This area is advertised to be open at 5:00 pm. At 5:20 it was dark with no one around. I took my business across the parking lot to another place. While there I witnessed a dispute over a hotel rate between the desk and some travelers. This one incident shut down the lobby. As I said.......the people are nice, there are just too few of them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
#48 of 185 in Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood

Been to Courtyard Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!