“Impressed...”

Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN
“Impressed...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

I booked this Holiday Inn Express not expecting much, but was pleasantly suprised. The room was very nice, very clean, stylish updated furniture & bed linens, better than it shows in the photos on this site. The bathroom was nicer than some 4 or 5 star hotels. The bathroom had a marble counter, shower head with adjustable water pressure, curved shower bar for more spacious showering & updated stylish decor, too.

My only complaint with the room is that the air/ heat vent would periodically become VERY noisy and woke me up once during the night. However, I never made a complaint with the hotel so I can't say anything bad. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. I work in the travel industry, myself and will recommend this location to my clients, as well.

• Liked — cleanliness & decor
  • Disliked — noisy air/ heat vent
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank travel03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the HIE South the weekend of June 30th when we came to watch the Formula One races. Although the hotel was a bit farther away from the track than he expected, the hotel stay itself was very enjoyable.

I had to fly in early on Friday because of a problem with flights and had to try to work remotely. I arrived at the hotel around 11am (they picked me up in a complimentary shuttle from the airport which only took about 20 mins after I called.) and although my room was not ready (Check in is at 3pm) the desk manager graciously invited me to hang out in the lobby, connect through their free wireless and watch the World Cup soccer game which was on.

I was very comfortable sitting at one of their tables, got to take care of my work responsibilities and got to watch (sort of) the World Cup game. Their wireless is free of charge and very reliable.

The room was clean, airconditioning worked well and overall I was very happy. There is also a CVS pharmacy, a Dennys and a Red Lobster all within walking distance!

Overall, the staff and housekeeping made my stay very enjoyable and I would have no problem recommending this Holiday Inn to anyone.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank aqua_girl68
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2004

Very nice property in a good location. Friendly service. Great rooms. Plentiful breakfast. Nice fitness and pool area. Only complaint- advertised free internet access is wireless not DSL.

1 Thank LaMarianina
Mexico, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2004

Everything I needed. The service was excellent and the attention of everyone working there the best!
The breakfast very good. The location great
I was really happy and I hope to come back again.

5 Thank Katella41
Travelers also viewed these Indianapolis hotels
Comfort Inn South
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#8 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South

Property: Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South
Address: 5151 S East St, Indianapolis, IN 46227-1984
Location: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#34 Business Hotel in Indianapolis
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South 2.5*
Friendly and welcoming staff, comfortable clean rooms and less than 7 miles from the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Each of our rooms features a microwave, mini-fridge, 32-inch flat screen LCD TV, family-friendly PPV movies, and a Keurig coffee maker. Stay with us for a night to remember. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South Hotel Indianapolis