“Home away from home!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Home away from home!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband, myself and our sheltie Teddy bear stayed 42 days due to a fire in our home. We walked in for a tour and was greeted by Jess at the front desk and she was awesome! ! Jess gave us a detailed tour and we were very impressed with the cleanliness of rooms and friendliness of the staff. A huge Thanks to Pam, Debbie and Cayla (housekeeping) Hoyt (mantinence) and Jess (front desk) they all went above and beyond to make our stay outstanding!! Highly satisfied and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We feel the same as you...you're part of our HI family now, all 3 of you! IHG is committed to providing housing emergency situations, whether it is region wide or just one family..we are here to make things better during a tough time. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the world

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I walked in to get a room on our honeymoon. At first we weren't sure that we would be able to get a room. The manager on duty was Mariah Thomas, she was amazing!! We ended up getting a room with a jacuzzi, it was amazing!! We had an amazing stay!!! We highly recommend this hotel! We ended up staying a 2nd night instead of the one we originally planned due to the amazing service we received!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad tp hear she was able to get you a room suitable for such a special occasion. So nights recently have been quite busy and I am sure Mariah had to put forth some effort to make your room happen, but we all love to do as much as we can to amaze our guests.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Since I visited this hotel with a large group of students 18 months previously, I was eager to see if there were other competitors that could surpass the value. After looking hard through this and other web sources, I settled once again on Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South. As before, the rooms were very large and the new beds and furniture were still in pristine condition. The buffet breakfast in lobby while not fancy is fine (service of those setting and restocking the breakfast area is superlative). Overall, the Hotel staff is still amazingly friendly and efficient. Still one of the best values and stays in the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
What an awesome review...glad to hear from a returning guest. It is true that it is people that make a hotel special and we strive to have as many stars on our team as we can. We truly do appreciate that you noticed our efforts. We hope to be a favorite of yours whenever in the Indianapolis area. Thanks again.
Pocola, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here, I am a platinum priority club member and when I went to check in I was told I don't have a reservation and I showed the clerk my confirmation and she said oh ya we canceled that because the card on the account expired and you weren't here by 6 pm! I spent. Lot of time in HIE hotels and have never had this happen, I asked why didn't someone call me? She said she was busy but was watching tv when I walked in. I did get a room but the hotel seemed dirty and not well kept and customer service was zero! Would not recommend this hotel, just keep going, not up to HIE standards.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi, thanks for helping us to get better, you insights will do that. It is so true that first impressions, especially bad ones can make everything look down. Starting off on such a bad not is not our intention and we are truly sorry about your expereince with our service. There is often turnover in this business and I truly believe our current staff members are more concerned about you, our customer, than anything else. Again, we truly do appreciate your feedback and will work to improve.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express all over the world as much as possible, but this one falls into the worst I have ever known. Bad smell, worn out furniture, dirty carpet, misleading information from staff, bad location (not a good neighborhood) and guests are mostly what some would call red neck (not that I have a problem with them, but it is good to know that you will see dirty, smelly shirtless people). It was so bad that I decided to leave even thought I had paid in advance for 3 nights, which by the way was a problem too because the staff said they would refund me 2 nights and would only charge for the one night I used, which turned out to be false since they provided refund for one night only.

Room Tip: Can't tell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, even tough ones to hear like yours are helpful in making things better. There are many areas you mentioned that we can work on immediately. I will definitely review your cleanliness items with my housekeeping department. I am very sorry to hear now about your issues with my staff. Myself and my assistant manager try to be available as much as we can so such issues can be resolved directly with you. It is also helpful to hear the events from you firsthand, so we can better address our employees. Yes it is also true that our hotel is in very heavy demand and we have a true crossection of people with us, we have found most of our guests to be truly kind and warm people, but do respect some may have different opinions. Again, thanks for the criticism, I am looking forward to using it to make this hotel better.
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I guess the first job of a hotel is to only book one (1) party to a room. This hotel failed. At 2:45 AM my daugher and I were awakened to a man trying to enter our room with a room key. He was very insistent, pushing on the door, and ignored my yelling that he was at the wrong room. My daughter dialed '0' and the front desk apologized and sent someone up. Damage done. Weeks later, I still see his face thru the peephole in my nightmares, and my daugher is still terrified. The full bill was slipped under my door, no compensation, and I noticed the when I checked out, no one asked how my stay had been. Good thing, as they would have gotten an earful. If this doesn't bother you -- there was almost nothing available at breakfast, my daughter had a previous guest's hair on her pillow, and I had to clean up that guest's hair from the shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Ms. Lisa K.,

I am very sad to hear about your experiences here. I am truly sorry to hear how tramautic it was and truly regret that you were not asked about your stay as you departed. I assure you that this type of mistake doen't happen often. Occasionally though a mistake does happen and I am also truly sorry you made it out our door without talking to a manager. Not only would we have done our best to properly compensate you, but we would also then have the opportunity to work with the staff to develop them to avoid and respond better in the future. Thank you for taking the time and effort to review us, we will use this information to make our team better.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was late...we were tired...had been on the road for 4 hours with 8 more hours to go to get back to Atlanta...decided to get a hotel room for the night. I called and found this Holiday Inn Express. Myra was very helpful on the phone...I asked her for a rollaway bed and she took care of it and had it waiting in our room when we arrived. She also moved her car from its spot so that we could have a place to park and she allowed us to park our second vehicle in a safe and secure place. She was extremely kind, efficient and helpful. Such a welcome surprise to have this kind of customer service and attention to detail. Myra made our stop very enjoyable and easy. The breakfast the next morning was very good too. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a great stop for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow awesome praise for an awesome employee. Last year, Myra was our employee of the year for reasons just like this. It is so nice to have someone in those late hours who stays so focused on customer care. Hopefully, you get a chance to come back and stay for a while.

Thanks for the review and high marks!