“Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South
Ranked #72 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast Hotel during one of my recent business trips. I arrived tired and ready for a relaxing evening. Being a Platinum Elite member I was upgraded to a suite and had one of the most peaceful nights on the road in a long time. Everything in the room just clicked. The air worked well, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. The next morning I had a thoughtful note written on my folio and was greeted in the dining area. The staff was pleasant and upbeat. Great trip

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We do appreciate having you as a guest. We are here to help you get your work done. It is always gratifying to give our Platinum members their hard earned perks!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and daughters stayed here for one night last month. It is a nice hotel, that is a little dated but we got a good price on it so we were ok with that. Rooms were clean and good size. We did experience a little noise in our room due to traffic outside. The pool area is nice and well maintained. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

So glad your family enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope they also got to enjoy our pancake machine!! Hope to see all of you soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family's experience was above average at this location but had its bumps in the road; Let me start with the positive experiences; the service from all staff members was great, very friendly and polite. The rooms were clean and neat. The pool and hot tub was great. Our only issue, which is currently being worked out by a fantastic manager(Jennifer), is a billing issue that took several times to correct, bit of a hassle but other than that we will definitely visit this location again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LouFamily

I apologize that I didn't respond earlier. I am truly sorry about the billing bumps, but am glad to know Jennifer was able to help. I hope you are glad to here, that Jennifer will now be training our new hires, so that we can avoid such bumps in the future. We are really happy you stayed with us and are thankful that you took the time to review us also.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and first, this place is the dorm for some truck driving school. These truckers were drunk, loud, cursing in front of children and bringing ladies of the evening up into their rooms. They had a giant drunken bbq one night that lasted until 2 in the morning. The hallways smelled like marijuana and these guys just did not care. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Not staying here or on the third floor of the trucker hang out.
2  Thank roadtripron
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

WOW I am truly disheartened by your review. I truly wish you would have contacted me directly so I could address the situation in a more immediate fashion. It is true that we house students training for a new career. In the interest of their school and our hotel having a successful relationship we all expect the best behavior from each incoming class of students and if that does not happen both companies will address it. None here condone such behavior as you are describing. I will make sure to reiterate with all my staff that any such behavior is not to be tolerated and if they are unable to handle on their own I am more than happy to lend my guidance.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stopped here overnight because they are one of the few hotels in the area that allow pets. We paid a $50 fee to have our pets in the room for one night and in return we were given old sheets, a dirty bath, and a distinct oder in the room. I wouldn't mind paying the fee if they used the money to assist in cleaning the room. I will be the first to admit extra cleaning is required when a pet stays in the hotel room. Obviously at this hotel pet owners are welcome for the money but not treated like first class citizens.

Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Scott,

I am terribly sorry that your stay was so disappointing. It is never our intention to treat anyone as second class, I am sorry you felt that way. I thank you for your comments though, it will help me to work with my team to improve and insure others do not feel as you did on your stay. Please accept my sincerely apologies.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very clean! Including lobby area, rooms, pool area, and breakfast area. Friendly staff. Lobby is very large with plenty of tables, fireplace, couches, computer access. Breakfast area is off of lobby. Food is plentiful, and they continuously replenish. Offerings include eggs, pastries, cereals (hot & cold), bagels, toast, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee. Room was spacious enough and very clean. Large pool, but the amount of chlorine in water burns your eyes within 15 minutes, even if you are not in the water. Outside area with grill and picnic tables. Free internet access in rooms. Right off 465 for easy access. A nice stay! I highly recommend this hotel if staying on the south side of Indy. We stayed for baseball tournament - there was not much else around. Largely residential with a few strip malls close by.

Room Tip: The weekend we stayed at this hotel, it was full of baseball teams and soccer teams, as it is close...
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, I really appreciate that you highlighted so many factors concerning our property. We all hope you have a chance to come back and stay with us again. Thanks.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just passing through. Had enjoyable stay (had not stayed here before). Staff friendly and helpful. We were uograded from King Executive to King Jacuzzi via platinum elite Priority Club Rewards. Cookies were good. B'fast had omelettes and sausage that were surprisingly good. Cinnamon rolls were gooey good. Swimming pool was nicely decorated (pretty and better than most),

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for the many kind words, you really hit all the hot points we love to hear about!! I am also excited to know that my staff recognized your Platinum status and were able to award an upgraded room, hopefully you also were able to take advantage of a 2 PM check out. Thanks again for your comments.