“"Oh What A Knight" or should I say Nightmare”

Knights Inn Indianapolis Airport South
Ranked #165 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If there were a rating less than 0...that would be what this deserves, BUT I HAD TO MARK AT LEAST A 1 I chose this place over others because we were going to be driving all day and just wanted to rest before we flew out at Indy Airport at 630 am the next morning, and it offered a Jacuzzi room... I thought after a long day a Jacuzzi would be wonderful. We have stayed in economy Wyndham Rewards properties before and have been very satisfied. When we checked in, after driving since 3am, and they realized we were using our Wyndham Rewards ....all of a sudden...their Jacuzzi rooms were down, and they had no rooms ready that were close enough to the office that would pick up wifi. So we went to a late lunch, (130pm) We got to thinking about the situation, and my husband decided to call the property and ask if there was a Jacuzzi room available. They told us they had one available, it would be $99.99, but they would give it to us for $89.99. We were out and out lied to about availability. At this point we called Wyndham Rewards, and we got pretty much a brush off and a Knights Inn Customer Relations number to call. When we called that number, I asked to talk to a supervisor. She put me on hold and called the property....and told us that a Jacuzzi room would be available in another hour. We drove around a little more and went back in an hour. Well...guess what.... we didn't get a Jacuzzi room...the owner of the property would not even talk to us.... he made his hired help tell us that we couldn't have the room.....and we were so tired at this point we just checked in. The room was terrible....absolutely the worst we have ever stayed. The cash price for the room was $69.99 and it was worth maybe $10...just a roof over your head. The bed even had an old innerspring mattress......do they even make those anymore..... that had springs poking through. My husband went to the toilet, and there was urine around the rim and the floor was filthy. He immediately went to the office. They said they would send housekeeping. If I hadn't have been exhausted at this point.....I would have walked out....but just didn't have the strength. We waited 2 hours to get a Jacuzzi room and a room with wifi, and the wifi signal was so poor that we had to sit in just the right spot by the window for it to even work. I agree with the other reviewer.....this place needs to be condemned and bull dozed. If I were Wyndham......I would be totally embarrassed to have any affiliation with this property. They need to check on their properties on occasion. IT WAS A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2babybluz

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was dated and not exactly the cleanest, although there were no particular issues. No alarm clock. Comfortable king bed.

The biggest problem was the breakfast. There was coffee and hot water and oatmeal packets.

We ended up eating breakfast at the Waffle House right next to the hotel.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Price was right and I love parking the car next to the room making unloading and loading very easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Over all the worst place ever don't believe any of the lies they tell you. The rooms are nasty. There is no breakfast on the property. There was mold in the room on the bathroom floors, carpet nasty. Smelled horrible. the beds dirty. There were no towels well 1 dirty wash cloth and 1 dirty towel. Sink nasty. An spider webs under the bed. An we found someone else's drugs in the room. I have pictures, but i wont post those yet and these are pictures of everything. The property manger was the worst and because of our concerns he told us to leave his property or the he would call the police. Do yourself a favor run don't stay at this place period. The night manager was nice and he did try.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vickie A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place simply needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt. There are too many problems to address in order to make it habitable. Key card entrance on doors that are falling apart. I could have kicked my way in. Filthy carpets. 1970's era TV. One of the double beds in our room had no sheet on it, simply a comforter. Cracked and missing tiles in the bathroom with actual holes under the tub. I tried to plug my laptop in to recharge it but the outlets are so old and over-used that the plug kept falling out.
Poor lighting outdoors is a real hazard as the pavement and asphalt are all broken up, making walking at night very dangerous. It's not worth saving the $20.00. Go to a newer property and actually get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank catinboots_229
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room was musty smelling, the heating/cooling unit kept shorting out. My husband checked it out and found a hole in the corner of the room with the plug below. Housekeeping seems to be non existant. It is in desperate need of renovation! The lamp plugs were taped with electrical tape and the plugs would fall out of the socket. The only good thing was water pressure and the temperature was hot. Do not stay at this Knights Inn! Trash!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mikesmith4360
Reviewed March 22, 2013

this is the best place i have ever stayed the management and employees are so nice and helpful i would tell anyone that was coming to indianapolis to stay at this hotel its close to alot of places and the rooms are very clean and they have a good owner

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the style of motel that I grew up in during the 1950's and 1960's: Very plain but very decent and reasonable. It's all one story so you don't have to worry about people above or under you. You park right at your door. It is a basic, non-fancy motel. For this price, I expected much worse. It was fairly spacious for the price. The staff was friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo