Travel Inn
$93
$135
$119
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
$85
La Quinta
Indianapolis Marriott East(Indianapolis)
$189
  • Pool
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
$81
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2011

travellodge 4950 South East street Indianapolis, indiana
Room was dirty, the beds had body hair, stains and bugs on it.
When talked to the manager and house keeping the had no explanation for the rooms condition. Would not refund my money, I was only at the hotel less then a half hour.
DO NOT RECOMMEND THE TRAVELLODGE TERRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tlj8887
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel when we were in town for college basketball's "Final Four". We only picked this hotel because everything downtown was already booked and this was the closest we could get to the downtown area. Before arriving, we were extremely disappointed to be staying so far away and at a 2 star hotel, but I'm happy to say we were very pleasantly surprised!
The hotel is only a straight road and about 8 miles from downtown so it's impossible to get lost if you are driving and about $15 to get there in a taxi. It is right off the highway so it is accessible but also very quiet.
The room was very basic but everything we needed in the circumstances and a great price. (Unlike other hotels in town, they didn't increast their prices for the high demand that weekend). Very clean and a great staff who were very accommodating to all our requests, including putting a fridge and microwave in our room.
The hotel provides free wireless internet (which is more than you get in a lot of 4 or 5 star hotels) and there are lots of conveniences nearby as it shares a parking lot with Taco Bell, Subway and Denny's, and Bob Evans, Red Lobster and a CVS drug store are across the street.
If you are looking for a no frills place to stay, this hotel is what you are looking for.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MemberOntario
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I booked a room at Travelodge South while planning to attend GenCon. I liked the price and the location (only a short trip to downtown Indy). I read the negative reviews and figured, "I don't need anything fancy. I just need a place to sleep." Boy, have my views changed!

Within five minutes of checking in, I was sitting at the desk in the room in front of my laptop. I felt something on my leg. I brushed it, but then soon felt something else. I looked down but didn't see anything, so continued surfing the internet. Again I felt something on both legs, so I got up and went into the light of the bathroom. Fleas were jumping like crazy from the carpet onto the white of my socks. Not one flea. Not two fleas. A lot of fleas.

I went to the front desk in disbelief. I told the clerk on duty and we both went back to the room. The minute I walked back into the room, the fleas attacked again. I showed the clerk the small, black creatures moving on my white socks. He only muttered something about guests sneaking dogs in. I wanted to leave, but felt stuck, since GenCon was just beginning. I was sure that hotels were at a premium. I did get a new room of course. I didn't have any major problems with the new room, but was plagued by itching the rest of my stay from the bites on my ankles and fear of further parasitic infestations.

The second room was passably clean - no fleas as far as I could tell. I'm sure the clerk was right. The fleas came from a dog someone had sneaked in. But that wasn't my fault. Those fleas had to have been there for a while to have multiplied that much. Anyone going into that room could not have overlooked their presence. An apology would have been nice, but I received none. Travelodge is out of consideration for any further stays by me.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank joelat713
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Unfortunately, I had an idiot boss book this room for me for a business trip. Not only did my business ventures take me downtown and to the north side of the city (this hotel is south), he would never stay at a hotel like this. After this, I always booked my own hotels. This place was dirty and uncomfortable to sleep in. I bought a bottle of bleach and poured it all over the bathtub to give it a good cleaning. Some things were in disrepair. I have high standards for hotels and this place was disgusting. The front desk lady when I arrived late a night did try to explain to me (in my words) her theory that Indianapolis is a microcosm of the United States in that the North, East, South, and West parts of the city share traits with their respective American counterparts (the northern part of the U.S., the southern part of the U.S., etc.) Indianapolis would be awesome if it wasn't a boring city in the middle of nowhere just planned to be a capital much like Columbus, OH. Even Columbus is much better than Indy.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ClevelandBeachBoy
Reviewed April 30, 2006

We booked a room there for a Friday night. I had booked the motel room on hotels---, (I have used them in the past and never had a problem), pre-paid the reservation, so we went to a baseball game first. It was late, about 10pm when we got to the motel, we were tired, and thought we'd check in and be in bed in a few minutes. The guy at the front desk took my name and reservation #- I had the print out with me from the online booking (thank god!) Then he said he had a single room for me. I had booked a double room, 2 adults, 1 child. He said I had not paid enough, and he wasn't going to give me a double room for the price of a single. He was very rude. I called hotels--- customer service, then they had to call the motel, argue with the guy, then fax him something, while I had to wait. The guy finally threw my room key at me and kept saying he'd get his payment or else. When we got to the room, it was another disappointment. Walking into the room was like walking into a steam room. It was muggy, damp and smelled musty. We went ahead & stayed there, because we were really tired. The next morning, when we were checking out, we passed by the "free breakfast". There were about 8 muffins on a plate and 2 over-ripe bananas sitting by the coffee maker. Bottom Line: would not recommend to anyone!!!

Stayed: April 2006