“Great Location”

Ranked #49 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Heltonville, IN
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel has a very good location. Close to restaurants, near Hwy 65, close to shopping, but also very nice if you have a family member in St. Francis Hospital. The hotel is a little outdated, but clean. Breakfast is okay, biscuits and gravy, waffles, muffins and cereal. The bathtubs need
updated, but again it was clean and it was a very good price. Good place if you need a decent bed, but it is a 2 1/2 star, don't expect a 3 or 4 star. Easy check in and out. The front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed for a conference. When I arrived the clerk spent 15 minutes trying to print a receipt for the customer in front of me. She kept printing the wrong one. Next, I tried to check in and she only checked me into two of my three rooms. Got that corrected and she determined she needed to run my credit card three times (one time for each room) instead of all at once and did not give me a receipt. I then tried to leave a key at the front desk for the guest arriving later (around midnight) and she advised that she would need me to come back down and run my credit card again for them to receive keys...she then asked if I just wanted to run it now and not get up at midnight (uh, yeah). Next, I tried to obtain a roll-a-way bed and after some negotiation ended up with an air mattress (fine) but the fact it took 30 minutes of complex negotiation was odd. Then they mixed up our keys and we had to get them re-done. The next morning I go to check out and ask for a receipt showing that I have a zero balance since I will need to turn in the bill for reimbursement. The new clerk told me that since I booked using a website, their website, she could not give me a receipt. I travel for business around 30 days a year. This was the dumbest experience I have ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear J K,
I am truly sorry for the bad experience you had at our hotel during your check in and check out. I am not sure who checked you in as we have a few new front desk employees. We are not allowed to give receipts out if you booked on Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, etc.....so I apologize if you weren't given your receipts if you booked on Baymontinns.com. I hope we can redeem ourselves if you ever travel back our way.
Jill Fields, GM
Casey
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Location of this newly refurbrished hotel was excellent. Close to shopping/dining & Catholic church.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dear Karen,
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. We are located at a great intersection near shopping and restaurants which our guests love. We hope you visit us again soon!
Sincerely
Jill Fields, GM
Columbus, OH
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling with a pet, so in need of a pet friendly location. The Baymont has a $15.00 pet fee, but that is reasonable all things considered. Their rates are moderate to begin with, and we even hit a "special" for the weekend. That off-set the pet fee. The room was very clean and comfortable. The motel is located near to a variety os restaurants (Carraba's, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Texas Roadhouse plus fast foods). Cracker Barrel is next door, literally steps away. The entire facility is fresh, cheery, and welcoming. We will definately stay here upon our next trip to Indianapolis.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family