“Always the best!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #51 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have visited this hotel off an on for many years now (even when it was a Signature Inn). It is the half way mark for our travels to our family in the UP. We are ALWAYS happy. Clean, staff is polite and helpful, up-to-date rooms, comfortable beds, and affordable. They are also located in a very convenient place for food. Cracker Barrell almost in their parking lot and various other restaurants a 2 minute drive away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Sue,
My staff and I are delighted that you've had enjoyable stays at our hotel over the years. Thank you for writing such a positive review on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The amenities were greet. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast hostess is the best. Everything was clean and well maintained. I went down to the desk to ask someone to help with our toilet not flushing and by the time I was back upstairs maintenance was at my door. This was the first time I'd been to a Jameson hotel. I won't overlook this chain again. Only thing I would suggest would be eggs at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank JaeDav
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear JaeDav,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff was friendly and accomodating. We hope you visit our hotel soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My family of 3 stayed for 2 nights (we were in town for family reunion) I had read the reviews of this hotel and looked at the pics. I feel the reviews and pictures were accurate... The hotel was very clean, rooms good size and modern feel. Bed very comfortable and pool a great place to spend the afternoon enjoying some family time! The staff was friendly and breakfast was good enough for what you'd expect for a Hotel breakfast. We were very satisfied and would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to extend my thanks to you for writing such a positive review on our hotel. My staff and I are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was the second time that we'd stayed at this hotel. Our experiences both times were very good. The front desk clerks were professional and helpful; housekeeping did a great job at cleaning our room; and the breakfast bar hostess was very pleasant and thorough. We believe this hotel offers an excellent value for our money. We travel with our dog, and I greatly appreciate the hotel's pet friendly policy. This was our initial reason for staying at this facility, and we will be returning whenever we're in the Indy area. The rooms are up-to-date and the facility is very pleasant for spending several days. We definitely enjoyed our stay, and the only suggestion I would offer is to include some sort of protein in the breakfast. This could be as simple as peanut butter, or even scrambled eggs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Gregg D,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive feedback and am happy that my staff did such a good job making your stay a pleasant one. I hope you return soon for another visit. And I'll work on getting a protein on our breakfast bar.

Jill Fields, GM

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I booked two rooms. Front desk staff gave us rooms right next to each other, which was very nice. She was professional and very polite as well. In-room coffee/tea was very good, including regular and flavored coffee as well as a few kinds of tea. Everything was good except that breakfast hot items were limited.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Attritionghost:
Thank you for writing a positive review about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our In-Room Coffee makers are relatively new so I am glad you liked the variety of coffee and teas we offer. I will pass along the information regarding the breakfast items to my regional manager as well.

Jill Fields, GM

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at the Jameson Inn with my husband this past thursday- sunday for my best friends wedding. We had never heard of the Jameson Inn as we live in Nebraska, so we were pretty much going on the pictures of the rooms and amenities from the website. We also read all of the reviews that were available at that time so we knew that we did not want a room facing 465 and we did not want to be near the garbage. Since i had multiple problems i will jsut list them accordingly.
1st) Yes, the hotel LOBBY has just been remodeled but that is it. The curtains are from another era completely, the beds are hard and the bathrooms dated. The carpets are another beast altogether. The pictures on the Creek View rd Location is obviously from one of the hotels in GA because the rooms looked nothing like they did on the website.The elevator was so scary that we never used it again after the first initial time. The breakfast.. save yourself some time and walk to cracker barrel. It's not much and what is there is not what they claim it to be. The whole second floor smells of horrible smoke and urine coming from the carpet in the hallway, not the actual rooms.

2nd) We had to switch rooms 3 times due to the aforementioned 465 and garbage, and visible water damage and the stench that comes with it. The second room that they took us to was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. The wallpaper was bubbled and puckered in places where right above it on the ceiling is water marks. When I asked the young woman about the room she said " No , this room has not had any water damage or leaking." with a straight face no less, as I am seeing and showing her the water marks and damage and shoddy work trying to cover them up. Also, there is no denying the smell of it. I then look up to the ceiling and see cracks and holes big enough to put my finger through. My husband goes and speaks to the actual mgr at the time and as he is downstairs maitnence brings in the pre requested roll away bed for my bff to sleep with us one night before her wedding. He unfolds the bed and there are FRESH blood spots on the bed. I am speechless. We finally get transferred to a room where there is not cracks and smaller holes in the ceiling, instead of a kings size it is two smallish hard queens and i look at the floor and it is sticky. at this point after driving for 11 hrs and dealing with the first two rooms i settled for wearing my shoes all times and called it a night. The next morning after being out and about we came back to our room where a live spider had made it's home. I am terrified of spiders.
3) the only redeeming quality of this hotel was Toni, the head of housecleaning. She just happened to be cleaning the room next to ours when we got back and not only did clean the room amazingly but she also checked the curtains, windows and vents to make sure that no other bugs could get in. She was very professional and courteous and we talked just about the whole time she was cleaning the room. TONI is the only reason this hotel does not get a terrible review from me. She makes this hotel stayable because after she cleaned the room, there was never a bug and the floor was not sticky and gross. I was prepared to check out that Friday afternoon and go over to the hampton, but because of Toni's great work ethic and amazing customer service we stayed.

Room Tip: The reason the service is so high is because of Toni. NO ONE ELSE! Don't stay on the 2nd floor u...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is right off I-74 in south Indianapolis. It looks slightly dated from the outside but the inside is very up to date and inviting. The front desk person was very friendly and the lobby is clean and attractive. They do have an elevator. The hallways are wide and well-lit. Standard fare for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we value your feedback. I am glad you found our lobby and guest rooms inviting, we continue to make improvements at our hotel, most recently with new 37" flat screen TV's and new in room gourmet coffee makers.
We hope you visit us again soon.

GM