New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #52 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Plover, United States
“Best deal in Indianapolis with pool.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if needed to and would recommend it to others. It was the best deal in Indianapolis that night for what we wanted out of a hotel, which was a neat appearance and a pool. The outside of the hotel was neat and the lobby and public restrooms were very modern/fancy. The staff was VERY welcoming and friendly, which was a relief to us. The pool outside was pretty cold, but the temperatures were only in the 70's, a heated pool would have been nice. The halls did smell of body odor, but the odor did not carry into our room. When entering our room, there were two spiders that we had to take care of in a corner near a window, and we have a pretty bad phobia of spiders. Although the room had nice furniture and beds, the condition of the room is actually pretty bad. In room 118, there are cracks nearly the entire length of every wall. Every piece of the bedding had cigarette burns in them. The internet was slow. This hotel definitely had my favorite breakfast out of any hotel I have stayed at so far. The biscuits and gravy as well as the bacon were the best, in addition to all the other fixings of a complimentary breakfast, eggs, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, toast, etc. We were told our bill would be just under $100, but in the end it was around $5 more. The room did not have any lotion and only had "conditioning shampoo" instead of a seperate container of shampoo and conditioner. But all in all, even with the problems this hotel did have, I would definitely return for a stay because in comparison, it was better than some other hotels we stayed at. Location is great-right next to food and stores.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

On our way cross-country, we could have been more happy to find this motel for a comfortable night's rest after a long day on the road. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and spacious, and breakfast was adequate which for me means it included protein. The property was quiet during our stay and check-in went smoothly. Would stay here again on our next trip through this part of the country.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee R
Aurora, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

First let me say that I am a LQ Returns customer and I like LQ Inn's ~ they are my preferred hotel chain. With that said, this time it was a nightmare at check-in. There was a high school basketball tournament in Indianapolis this particular weekend and the check-in process was horrible! I'm there at 3:15 pm checking in and there already is a man in front of me waiting to check in. There are 4 front desk employees (one is on the phone and is frowning) the other 3 are trying to do something on the other computer, I don't know what because no a single person acknowledged me when I walked in. After standing there for 15 minutes I was finally checked in and after that it went fairly smooth. Rooms are clean and the breakfast area is nice and big. Good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Patricia B
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The worst part was getting there. Beltway around Indianapolis during rush hour is a nightmare. The checkin was quick and staff were friendly. The room was wonderfully big and quiet on the sixth floor. The suite had two rooms, two bathrooms, one livingroom separate from bedroom. Very clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BnL31310
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had an awful experience. Was staying for my friend's wedding and had several things go wrong. The hugest issue was that they were incredibly understaffed. There was only one man working the entire hotel for the evening, knowing they were fully booked. I went up to front desk to ask for towels, the man said he would have to go to housekeeping to get them. I waited several minutes while he handled several other customers and calls. Then I asked him if he could just bring them to our room. He said he would, so I went and waited in our room for over 10 minutes...still nothing. I decided to join the rest of my party out by the pool. When we came back in to our room, I opened our hide-away bed in our suite to find a huge piece of a broken picture frame??? Then, we began searching for bedding for the hide-away bed...there was none in the room. I then took the frame down to the front desk, to meet the same man I had asked for towels. I gave him the frame and told him I found it in our hide-away bed and my friend deserved to be compensated or discounted for the room. His response, "Wow, that's part of a picture frame...that's weird." No, I'm sorry. No, we will fix it, we will get housekeeping to clean. Nothing! Then I asked for the towels I never got and bedding for the hide-away bed, which was not in the room. He said he would bring it all to our room. Finally 30 minutes later, he brought the stuff to our room. In the mean time, we discovered we had no extra toilet paper and I also decided I was uncomfortable sleeping in the uncleaned hide-away bed, so I decided I needed another set of bedding for the crib I made out of two chairs. When he brought the first set of bedding and towels, I asked him for another set of bedding and more toilet paper. He acted extremely rude and annoyed and did not respond in a professional manner at all. After waiting another 30 minutes and still no bedding or toilet paper, I walked back down to the front desk and asked for the bedding. He said, "I haven't had the chance to get it, because the desk has been busy." I said, "Well there's no one here now." He said he would bring it in just a minute. After another 20 minutes he finally brought the rest of the stuff. There was also a dead cock roach on the floor by our door. And our room was not well cleaned at all! It was by far my WORST hotel experience ever! I would never stay there again, and I plan on telling everyone I know not to stay at La Quinta as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dean Cierra W
Marion, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I always sleep well here. The beds are very comfortable and there are plenty of pillows. It is very close to my destination. And, I appreciate the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee (tea) maker. If you forgot anything that you need for your trip or activities while there, a Walmart is across the street (24 hrs.) There is also a walk-in clinic down the street should any health issues arise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family