“Visiting family”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Snow Camp, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a great stay at this Hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. One morning when we went down for the free breakfast, it was VERY busy. Tina did an excellent job of re-stocking everything and handling everyone's special requests/needs and did it all with a smile and pleasant attitude. The front desk clerk (and I'm sorry I don't have his name) jumped right in to help her when needed.
I strongly recommend La Quinta Inns & Suites. This is our hotel of choice if there is one in the area that we are travelling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean, the employees were helpful and nice especially Tina who made sure the breakfast bar was set up nicely and delish, and helped start off the day with a pleasant greeting and smile. All in all a decent place to stay. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and i stayed here on our cross country trip and found the rooms very clean and the breakfast wonderful- would stay at anyone of these hotels anywhere! The location was perfect for our trip and the staff very helpful with the many questions we had they even directed us to,a nice restaurant close by for dinner. At breakfast the food was ready at an early hour as we were leaving to continue our drive- everyone was so friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was given a room, and found AC off and very hot, when I turned ac on, it smelled very
very moldy, also room had a beer smell, also found fridge full of food, so they gave
me another room, which was better but not great, second room had a moldy smell in
AC but not as bad, also a tiny puppy smell near computer table. Room was clean
other than that, AC came on and off correctly (tho smelled moldy when it first comes
on) That's a common problem in rooms. AC must be cleaned often to prevent that.
Iv stayed here before many times and rooms were better, I think it is sliding downhill.
Also was really disgusted with barking dogs. Woke me up at 3 am and again at
6am, so I finally got up and left half awake. I love dogs but owners should be asked
to leave at the first barking. That ruins a whole floor for quiet sleeping, very rude.
I doubt that I will use this hotel again, if management isn't going to address
AC cleaning or barking dogs. I didn't enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: note any of the problems above and let the management know about them, be polite but don't keep...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank cody91
WhitneyYoung, Sales Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions. It’s our goal to provide each of our valued guests with the best experience possible, and I regret to hear that you had this series of issues during your stay.

La Quinta is, as always, a pet-friendly brand, but we do have measures in place so that you may feel assured that you will not experience interruptions and noise disturbances as a result. For example, we do require each guest travelling with a pet to sign an agreement form with guidelines for their stay, stating also their emergency contact number in case there is an issue with their “furry friend” in the owner’s absence. Noise disturbances like this can happen at any hotel which allow pets, but we do our very best to address them in a timely and effective manner when we do receive a complaint. I apologize sincerely that you had to endure this unpleasant dog barking during your stay!

During the time of your visit in August of 2013 were in the process of our bi-yearly cleaning of our AC units, as per the manufacturers guidelines. I am pleased to inform that we just finished our spring cleaning of our AC units and they should be fresh and ready to go for your next visit. I do hope we will have the privilege of serving your travel needs next time you visit Indianapolis.
Thanks again for your review. This feedback helps us as we continue to strive for excellence in service!

Kind regards,

Whitney
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel and we are very happy with the accomodations and service. We have dogs and they have great potty areas. The lounge food was limited, but good. Close to several shopping and restaurant locations. Dealings with front desk staff Carlos and Laura Rue were friendly and helpful. Another great LQ!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends