“Excellent Value”

Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Minnesota
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed here several times and have always been satisfied. We travel with our small dog and they're very accommodating and great places for walking her. Surprisingly quiet and very clean. Friendly staff and a nice breakfast spread.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with the accomodations at this LaQuinta. I stayed in a two room suite and it was so cozy and spacious! The whirlpool tub was awesome to have in the bedroom, although the jets were not as powerful as some other hot tubs I've been in. It still served as a great relaxation feature. Breakfast was nice. Sausage, eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt and more sure beats donuts. This room had everything I need for a night away and at a rate I can pay comfortably. I'll definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The employees are very nice humble and patient and have all knowledge of the work and I just want to mention that I had a very nice stay at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to all travelers traveling there. I have staged at holiday Inn there as well it is not worth the buck and the service is very slow. I remember writing at the front desk for over 20 minutes just to get myself checked in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Louisville, KY
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The good: the front desk staff were all really friendly. I had requested a quiet room away from the elevator, ice machine, vending machines, housekeeping, etc. and when I checked in, the only king room left was next to the ice machine. The gentleman behind the desk upgraded me to a king suite away from any sort of noise for free! The suite was really large and had 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, a wet bar, fridge, etc.

The bad: the walls were really thin. I don't understand how other reviewers have said the opposite. I don't claim to have supersonic hearing by any means but we could hear doors slamming from 11pm-2am; people running up and down the halls talking, coughing, yelling, whatever; our neighbors' plumbing (yes, every flush, the shower, sink, etc.); road noise from outside including semi-trucks coming and going, motorcycles, car alarms and so on. As a result, we didn't sleep very well. In addition, although the bed was fairly comfortable, the flat sheet was completely pilled. It should probably be replaced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peru, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The customer service at LaQuinta Inn & Suites at 401 Washington Street in Downtown Indianapolis Indiana was top notch. They recomended a great restaurant and other activities for my family in the area. I would highly recomend this hotel.

Aurora, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed overnight here while visiting family and we had our two dachshunds with us... I'm so glad that La Quinta is pet friendly!!! AND that there are so many LQs in the Indianapolis area... but what made this LQ stand out to me was their pillow top mattresses with a great selection of pillows! Did you know that there's a trick to picking LQs (and possibly other hotels)??? There's a difference between the "Inn" and the "Inns & Suites" && it's mostly with what type of bed is provided (at least for me, that's the seller) I ALWAYS look for an "Inn's & Suites" when I travel for this purpose ;0)

I was very pleased with the cleanliness of this hotel and the friendliness of their staff especially when it came to treating us as individuals with dogs instead of just another customer... Instead of being placed in the higher traffic area on the first floor (which would be convenient if I had a bigger & quiet dog) the front desk clerk easily placed us on a higher floor close to the elevator on the quieter end of the building after we explained to her that our small dogs are yappers when they hear noise in the hall... We were even provided with a few styrofoam bowels after we discovered that we forgot to bring our own dog bowls :0)

We did not have breakfast at this location since we went out with family in the morning but I've stayed at a lot of LQs and I can tell you that I have a really hard time passing up the opportunity to make my own waffle at their waffle iron!

Since we have family here in Indy and we always travel with our dogs, I know we'll be back for another visit soon... I'm also looking forward to that waffle next time ;0)