“Jamfest Cheer Super Nationals”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
A TripAdvisor Member
“Jamfest Cheer Super Nationals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at La Quinta. The hotel was conveniently located a 10-15 minute drive from the Convention Center where the cheer competition was held and the cost was a bargain. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to Indianapolis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

After traveling cross-country for a couple days straight and staying in all kinds of nasty motel rooms, the La Quinta South was such a wonderful respite! We had a well-appointed suite, with two bathrooms, a nice bar area with sink, refrigerator, and microwave, as well as a nice sitting area separate from the bedroom. The rooms were clean, and we had a nice, quiet stay.
La Quinta will always score points with me because of their no-fee pet policy, and this hotel definitely didn't disappoint. The staff also went out of their way to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. We will definitely be back our next time out East!

Room Tip: Go for the suite. The extra space is completely worth it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Corning, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked a suite for two nights and had a great stay. It was almost like having my own little apartment, and the extra money for the suite wasn't that much. Both rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and I had one breakfast which was nice. (Missed the second day's breakfast because I slept past 9 - only suggestion I would make is that they serve until 10). Rooms were surprisingly quiet considering the location, and the staff were friendly. One thing that impressed me was that the housekeepers waited until we were gone before they even came around. There were no annoying knocks on the door because they did their best to accommodate our schedule, not theirs. Yes, the elevators are a bit slow, but who cares? I would rather ride ten extra seconds and have my stomach in one piece than save those few seconds on a 5-g rocket. Overall, I am quite pleased, and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Central Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our first time in this hotel. Awesome service.
I called from TN because I did not know which LaQuinta was closest to highway.
They gave me the SOUTH option with directions, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
Once I got there, Everyone was nice. SUPER DOG FRIENDLY! Met other guest with dogs.
My doggie had a great time making new friends. THANK YOU!!!!
The room was clean and nice. BED WAS AMAZING!!!!

Room Tip: Let them know you are traveling with a DOG!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently booked two rooms for two nights at this hotel. It was a great value, especially since we booked it through Hotwire.com. The rooms were updated, clean, and comfortable. The staff bent over backward to make sure that everything was right. This hotel is located about 5 miles south of downtown in Indianapolis, but access to downtown is pretty easy. The breakfast was above average, with hot and cold choices in a pleasant room. Our only problem occurred when a couple of young men decided to "exercise" in the exercise room at 3 a.m. They left when they were confronted, but the hotel comped a room night for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kalamazoo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have never stayed at a LaQuinta before, and nothing is making me really want to do it again. We booked a couple of rooms because of an event one weekend. I went to cancel one before the event and even though I had confirmation numbers, they told me that I had no rooms reserved under my name. So after much help from one of the workers, Carlos, I was able to get a room reserved. Then I got an e-mail two days before the event and now I had three rooms under my name. Fortunately, with the help of Carlos again, I got it straightened out. I have no idea what was going on with the computer system.

Once we checked in, we found out that the with a busy event at the hotel, one of the two elevators didn't work. That blew! I took the stairs to the fifth floor more than I would have liked to because I got tired of waiting for the elevator. The room itself was fine. The bed was okay and the TV channel choices was okay. The internet connection was middle of the road at best. The continental breakfast was pretty good. The coffee for the guests was badly stocked while the event was going on. My girlfriend kept going behind the breakfast coounter and restocking it herself.

The location wasn't bad. It was realatively easy to get in and out and there are many restaurants nearby. There is also shopping very close and there is easy access to I-465.

All in all, the experience was not great. Carlos is the only reason I rated this place as high as I did. I'm in no hurry to go to a LaQuinta again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first or second floor because functioning elevators seem to be a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends