We moved my daughter across several states and needed a place that would allow dogs overnight. This is very hard to find. Most hotels I researched said they were pet friendly but then the fine print was that they meant service animals. I found this La Quinta not only accepted pets but without extra charges. Hallelujah!
The motel itself is nice enough. Obviously an older motel that has been renovated. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable with flat screen and refrigerator. The beds were huge and luxurious. The bathroom was on the small side but clean.
There was a bit of highway noise but I think it was because I slept closest to the window.
The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've seen. Hot eggs, bacon, biscuits with gravy, waffles, cold cereals, bagels, etc. No fruit though. I don't know why with such a spread. The breakfast area was extremely large. I think it must have been a restaurant in the hotel prior to the La Quinta. There was also a lounge next door to the breakfast area with a pool table open evening hours. Again, I think left over from its first hotel footprint. There was a nice outdoor pool and a fitness room. I didn't use either of those, but they looked nice.
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Even later when we left something behind and called to inquire about it, they were very accommodating in trying to locate our lost item.
As a traveler, I probably would purposely avoid a motel that accepted pets figuring that the carpets would be soiled or it would be noisy, but I didn't notice any of that. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler, but most certainly to those traveling with a pet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inns & Suites offers just what travelers need to wake up on the bright side. At La Quinta Inns & Suites, we know travel can be challenging. That’s why we are here to help both business and leisure travelers find their inner optimist. We have plenty of indulgences to be happy about including our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast, high speed internet, and exercise / fitness center. We want to give you a jump start on your day with everything from fresh and delicious make-your-own waffles, biscuit & gravy, hot and cold cereal, hard boiled-eggs, bread muffins and fresh fruit to all you-can-drink-coffee and juice, there’s something for everyone. We also have catering, Jacuzzi suites with kitchenettes, out door swimming pool, business center, full service banquet facilities with food and beverages. We are pet friendly. Walk to near by restaurants and shopping centers. Our open light-filled lobbies are a great place to hang out. In room features are alarm clocks, coffee makers, complimentary local calls, hair dryers, irons & ironing boards, wired & wireless internet, refrigerators, microwaves, sitting areas, voice mail, flat screen with premium cable; non-smoking rooms and they are handicap accessible. We are 6.13 miles from downtown and right off I-465/ I-74 and 3.5 miles east of I-65. Come and enjoy our comfy beds and many other amenities delivered with friendly service and dose of humor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inns & Suites Indianapolis South Hotel Indianapolis
- La Quinta Inns And Suites Indianapolis South
- La Quinta Indianapolis