“Pets Welcome!”

Ranked #51 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pets Welcome!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We moved my daughter across several states and needed a place that would allow dogs overnight. This is very hard to find. Most hotels I researched said they were pet friendly but then the fine print was that they meant service animals. I found this La Quinta not only accepted pets but without extra charges. Hallelujah!
The motel itself is nice enough. Obviously an older motel that has been renovated. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable with flat screen and refrigerator. The beds were huge and luxurious. The bathroom was on the small side but clean.
There was a bit of highway noise but I think it was because I slept closest to the window.
The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've seen. Hot eggs, bacon, biscuits with gravy, waffles, cold cereals, bagels, etc. No fruit though. I don't know why with such a spread. The breakfast area was extremely large. I think it must have been a restaurant in the hotel prior to the La Quinta. There was also a lounge next door to the breakfast area with a pool table open evening hours. Again, I think left over from its first hotel footprint. There was a nice outdoor pool and a fitness room. I didn't use either of those, but they looked nice.
The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Even later when we left something behind and called to inquire about it, they were very accommodating in trying to locate our lost item.
As a traveler, I probably would purposely avoid a motel that accepted pets figuring that the carpets would be soiled or it would be noisy, but I didn't notice any of that. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler, but most certainly to those traveling with a pet!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MWMS58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and my 2 daughters stayed here at the beginning of June for 5 nights. We had two queen size beds and they were fantastic. The AC worked great, the room was clean, the pool area was clean (we only got to use it once since the temperature was only in the high 70's, low 80's the whole time we were in Indy). The breakfast was good, waffles, toast, oatmeal, coffee, juices, milk, cereal, hard boiled eggs, assorted danish and bagels, etc. We usually didn't get down to eat until around 8:30 or so and never had an issue with crowds or running out of food. Only one elevator worked but it wasn't that big of a deal even with us being on the 4th floor. The door to the room didn't close easily and the sounds of the highway woke me (but not my husband or my kids) up once rush hour got started but I usually have problems sleeping in hotels anyway. All in all, no complaints and we'll definitely stay at LQ's in the future.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be sure to get a room in the front area of the hotel since the highway i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Hotel was easy to get to. Staff very friendly. Hotel and rooms very clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good breakfast easy location to everything, stayed for the Indy 500, good price and easy to get to track

Tomah, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great beds, furniture in living room is very outdated and give no support when sitting on either the chairs or the sleeper sofa. Our suite had 2 separate entries with both doors having large gaps in the frame causing the doors many times to not latch securely. Our biggest safety concerns are the fact that the windows on our 5th floor room were able open - this would be a major safety concern if we were traveling with small children. The other safety issue is that there is a less than adequate wooden utility pole near the pool with 3 very large electric transformers hanging from the top. We got into quite a discussion with the other guests at the pool area regarding the safety of this since the pole does not appear to be able to support the weight. With this being so near the pool - it was big concern.

1 Thank KSmithburg
Steger, Il
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We've stayed at many hotels, mostly LaQuintas, but I have to say this was one of the best. The room was clean and well decorated. Breakfast was well above the norm. Really enjoyed our stay.