“great value”

Ranked #135 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
WEST CHICAGO
“great value”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Room was small, but well equipped with amenities. Cleanliness was average for the motels I've stayed in. I like the individual doors to outside (a personal preference) and closeness to restaurants. Would feel cramped for an extended stay, but fine for a place to spend a night or two, and a bargain compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

johnnybhalla, Manager at Indy Speedway Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. Glad you stay was enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
AMELIA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Came for Mopar Monter weekend. Stayed at this Ramada last year and there is a reason I came back. The owner, Johnnie "B" is great. Goes out of his way to take care of guests and make sure your comfortable. Rooms were clean, area is safe. Plenty of places to eat very close by (walking distance). A great place to stay when in Indy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thanks for staying with us. Glad your stay was enjoyable
Glenarm
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Like the location of hotel & hotel. Will stay at same hotel, have stayed there for 6 years. Had a problem getting a room at Internet price, went directly to Ramada Limited to book my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

johnnybhalla, Manager at Indy Speedway Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I made a reservation to stay the night at this hotel before taking a test the following morning in Indianapolis. When I arrived there was no one at the desk to check me in. I waited. While I awaited other guests came and went who were also waiting for help but no one came. Dialing the number did nothing. I tried calling the phone number listed on google maps but that just led to the desk which was unmanned. I called the national Ramada number but that led to someone who merely redirected me to the front desk. I waited a long time but eventually I decided that I did need to get some sleep before my test so I went to another hotel. The Ramada Limited is good at one thing, however, and that is billing your credit card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
We apologize for the incovenience.
Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Not sure I was given the worst room, I suppose it's possible that every other room was immaculately maintained and clean...but I doubt it. Our room was so grungy I couldn't even feel comfortable enough to sit on the sofa.... something on the bathroom floor....something on the picture frame, some mysterious pill and lots of dirt on the mattress....carpet disgusting. Johnny B not very friendly. Barking dogs. Not sure what else I can add. Jameson Inn within walking distance...thank God.

Room Tip: Stay some place else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
We apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Located in a not so good neighborhood. The rooms smelled like mildew and sheets were dirty. The creepy guy that runs the place was hitting on my 18 yr old sister!!! THE GUY IS OVER 50 and super unprofessional. She felt really uncomfortable and didn't wanted to walk from the room to the car on her own! internet access is a pain and the manager has no clue on how to solve any issues. He even told me to ask someone in another room for support! Will not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: can't really give any advise other than to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank saschavega
We apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After arriving and checking in We found our room to be tidy and well maintained. The rooms could do with a little sprucing up but are ok for a place to sleep. The coating on the bathroom wall was pealing but that was the only fault we could find. Johnny B was always ready to help with what ever was needed wether it be a bottle opener at 11:30 at night or a couple of extra pillows. His door was always open and a warm welcome was given every time we went past. If you are in need of a nice friendly place to stay while in the area then I would recommend staying here. although did get a bit noisy a couple of nights but that was due to rowdy guests in the parking lot and if you don't like dogs then avoid. Would visit again if we're ever in the area.

Room Tip: Friendly staff, good value for the area, do get a lot of noise from other rooms using bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay.