“Outside is better than inside”
Review of Indy Speedway Inn

Indy Speedway Inn
Ranked #134 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Tennessee
“Outside is better than inside”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Not sure I was given the worst room, I suppose it's possible that every other room was immaculately maintained and clean...but I doubt it. Our room was so grungy I couldn't even feel comfortable enough to sit on the sofa.... something on the bathroom floor....something on the picture frame, some mysterious pill and lots of dirt on the mattress....carpet disgusting. Johnny B not very friendly. Barking dogs. Not sure what else I can add. Jameson Inn within walking distance...thank God.

Room Tip: Stay some place else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
johnnybhalla, Manager at Indy Speedway Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Located in a not so good neighborhood. The rooms smelled like mildew and sheets were dirty. The creepy guy that runs the place was hitting on my 18 yr old sister!!! THE GUY IS OVER 50 and super unprofessional. She felt really uncomfortable and didn't wanted to walk from the room to the car on her own! internet access is a pain and the manager has no clue on how to solve any issues. He even told me to ask someone in another room for support! Will not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: can't really give any advise other than to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank saschavega
We apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After arriving and checking in We found our room to be tidy and well maintained. The rooms could do with a little sprucing up but are ok for a place to sleep. The coating on the bathroom wall was pealing but that was the only fault we could find. Johnny B was always ready to help with what ever was needed wether it be a bottle opener at 11:30 at night or a couple of extra pillows. His door was always open and a warm welcome was given every time we went past. If you are in need of a nice friendly place to stay while in the area then I would recommend staying here. although did get a bit noisy a couple of nights but that was due to rowdy guests in the parking lot and if you don't like dogs then avoid. Would visit again if we're ever in the area.

Room Tip: Friendly staff, good value for the area, do get a lot of noise from other rooms using bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Reviewed July 12, 2012

First of all, I had to wait for 40 minutes until I could check in because Johnny B left the front desk to find his dogs that ran away (he keeps his dogs in a hotel room and it's dog poop everywhere). After I asked the man could I be accomadated for my wait he told me I could wait an hour and touched me while we were having the argument. After that I was put in the wrong room, I paid for a king size bed and got a double. Then after my stay I checked my bank account and an extra 200 dollars was stolen out of my account when I called to see why the money was taken Johnny B accused me of taking someone's iPhone. He lied and told me he filled out a police report. So I called the non emergency number to see if there was a police report filed and there was not. So I had the police come to the hotel and we found out that Johnny B took the 200 dollars out for his own personal reasons. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL JOHNNY B IS A MEAN PERSON WHO TAKES THINGS.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank PWilliams92
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Rooms are small and smelly. Carpet is old and the furniture is literally beat up - pieces of wood missing. The included breakfast is poor - fortunately there is a MsDonalds nearby. The room tv is old and the included satellite service is horrible. This place ranks at the bottom of the barrel. Unfortunately most of the other hotels on the west side of Indy also get poor reviews. I'm amazed that Indy can't seem to provide decent hotels on it's west side.

Room Tip: Avoid the west side of Indy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Horrible Horrible Hotel. "Johnny B" at the front desk threatened my family, said F*** in front of my 5 year old daughter repeatedly, and screamed at our group of people all because we asked for room keys.
The guy is psycho.
Choice hotel for local hookers.
Dirty.
Dogs at the front door who run free and dont stay away from you.
If you have a family, or dont want to catch something, PLEASE dont stay here. There are other close hotels (especially right next door the Jameson Inn, which saved our butts from this nasty place).
DO NOT GIVE THIS PSYCHO YOUR MONEY!!!
(Oh, and the complaints to Ramada as well went unanswered, so dont plan on trying to get out of your room or cancellation fees if you dont take my advice).

Room Tip: Stay away, go next door. Go anywhere but here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JSM142412
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We prepaid to be here for Indy 500. We are with a group of people and did get rooms right next to each other. Our room which was on the end was much smaller and did not have a couch like our friends and had such a strong cigarette smell despite the non smoking room sign. Apparently since we booked on line we were being punished. I did have to switch rooms, it was that disgusting. And Yes Johnny B, the manager, if not owner is very friendly and offered each person a beer as they check in. I understand now why, get them softened up for the blow of a stinky, dirty, horrible hotel experience!!!! I just have to suck this up and chalk it up to the whole Indy experience. This place SUCKS!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms towards the end of the building are half the size and some are actually dedicated to smoke...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends