“Need new housekeeping staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West
Ranked #98 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is written at the end of a three nite stay. Great location, very nice staff especially front desk staff. On the not so good side, bed was not made once, trash was not taken away once, only got towels because I asked. When I inquired about the towels and the bed not getting made, she told me it has happened before and guests have complained. Well then do something about it!!!! I just can't believe not once in three days did we see evidence of housekeeping .

• Stayed: August 2011
Jameson_IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear PKC8786,
I would like to first apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We take these complaints very seriously and will research to see what housekeeper was assigned to your room so that we may retrain her. We strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms for every guest and I do apologize that your stay was less than that. If you would please contact me so that I may better research your stay. I look forward to speaking with you so that we can improve our guest experience int he future.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Four day stay; room was comfortable and the location was good for our needs. Summer heat was easily handled by the A/C; bath water always hot and plentiful. The employee servicing the room did an excellent job. Front desk personnel were helpful and professional. The breakfast was somewhat light; cereal, milk, fruit, yogurt, biscuit & gravy - but was free. Building well maintained; parking convenient. Wifi worked very well. Room TV wasn't flatscreen but had good picture and good channel selection. The bed was comfortable. I would not hesistate to stay here again. We walked next door to the Crackerbarrel Restaurant, and there were six more restaurants and/or fast food places very close by. We didn't make it to the pool; but did see the exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank seeker1866
IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Dear Seeker 186,
I am delighted that your stay with us earlier this month was a positive one. We value our guest’s opinions and reviews. We are very appreciative that you took the time to write a review about your hotel experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I recently came back to Indianapolis to look for an apartment. A friend had suggested this hotel for me to stay at. Thinking of all the surrounding hotels I had gone to in the past for races and things, lets just say my expectations were not high. But little to my surprise the value was more than worth the price.
Once I came in it was a little early and the nice, clean boy behind the counter was very kind and greeted me with a "Hello." walking in the the door. As I was checking in, I told him that I was looking for close by apartments, because I was moving back home. He was able to get me a whole list of NICE close apartments and check me in, WHILE naming off the hotels info. It was very kind of him to do.
Once I got to the room it was in good condition. Clean. Comfy bed. (needed a nicer TV though ;) Went out for a swim, while setting up appointments with local apartments. And I got a VERY nice apartment from the first page of listings. During the rest of my stay there was a lot of other great and helpful staff there is well. Thank you all and Eric for making my stay at Jameson great! I will suggest you all to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear Heythere,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your hotel experience while staying with us in July. I am so happy our staff was helpful to you and that you enjoyed your room. We hope you enjoy living in Indianapolis and that you recommend Jameson Inn Indy West to your friends and family for their future hotel stays.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Wow, looking at the other reviews, you wouldn't think this was the same place! The lobby was clean and very pretty looking. But in our room, the sheets had unwashed linen, stains on the sheets, makeup on the pillowcases, makeup on the towels, and washcloths that looked like you dusted with them. There were also stains on the carpets. Very disappointing, But I went back to the desk, and the clerk was very friendly and apologetic and gave us a different room. This room was better, but still had one sheet that was stained looking and a towel that was dirty looking. The clerk gave me more towels that seemed better. The beds themselves were very comfortable.. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Also, there were two ice machines side by side....neither had ice in them. Don't think we will stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank amblessed
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is the first time I've ever written an online review, but I felt it was appropriate given the outstanding service I received. I am a fourth year medical student and was in Indy to interview for a residency position. This hotel offered me a rate that was about half what I would need to pay at other local hotels. Based on the reasonable rate, I was expecting poor service and less than ideal accommodations. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and found that the hotel lobby was well kept with a big screen TV and comfortable couches. They offered a helpful business center with free internet and printing. So far so good. But what about the service? Everyone was awesome! They were welcoming and helpful. Savannah was especially great! Whatever they're paying her, they should double it. After my interview, I came back for my bags and she offered me a room to change out of my suit. That's just an example of how thoughtful everyone was. What about the rooms? They were spacious and clean, equipped with big screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. In conclusion, I was blown away by my stay here and will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DaDude09
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My husband and I were visiting family in Indianapolis and we didn't make arrangements for a place to stay, so we just drove around the area checking out hotels. We found the Jameson (after looking at a couple other very unsavory hotels in the area). Overall we were very happy with our final choice. The staff was nice, the beds were great and the free breakfast in the morning had more than the usual coffee and doughnuts.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Jameson the first weekend in October. It is a very nice hotel right off highway 465 which is close to all the restaurants & there is a nice grocery store called Marsh right across the street from it that's open 24 hrs. The hotel staff was nice & friendly too. The room was very clean & cozy. My only complaint is that housekeeping somehow didn't make it around to clean our room - so we didn't have fresh towels the next day, but overall, I would recommend this hotel to my family & friends when traveling to Indianapolis. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple