“Very bare bones motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati
“Very bare bones motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This motel has a very good location and it is very inexpensive. Our room was clean, beds were ok and the staff was very helpful. However, the AC was extremely loud, there was no shampoo (costs $1 at the desk), no coffee in the room, no hairdryer, no breakfast. Even at this price point we expect a little more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the worst hotel and experience I have ever had. We originally had a reservation to stay at a Hilton, but it was 30 minutes away from where we wanted to be because all the hotels in the area were fully booked for the week-end. At the last minute, my husband found that there was room at this Motel 6 and it was just minutes away from where we had to be, so we cancelled. I have stayed at Motel 6's before, so I know that are not luxury hotels, but they are usually clean and pleasant. The website for this motel is actually fraudulent. There is no way that the photos on the website were taken at this property. We showed up late, and as we pulled into the parking lot, I was already hesitant, but we still checked-in. The lobby is horrible and there is no customer service whatsoever. The room was even worse, it reeked of smoke, the bedspreads were dirty, one of the pillow cases had some kind of oil stain, and the bathtub was covered in cigarette burns. I tried to find another hotel that same night, but was unable to, so I stayed. I contemplated sleeping in the car, since that would have been better. Completely and utterly disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melita P
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

so i stayed at this motel twice the 1st time my husband the dog and i had a pretty good experience.having stayed on the 3rd floor. However the second time we stayed was very disappointing to say the least and of we wont ever stay there again.
First i asked for a room on the 3rd floor when i mentioned my dog i was told that dogs were'nt allowed on the 3rd floor and i explained we had stayed on that floor our last stay,this time we were told that we were getting an outside room, i made it perfectly clear i did not want a junky room the 1st room we were given had cobwebs and a very funky odor we requested another room the bald guy at the front desk assigned us this room but you could also tell he did'nt care for black people the 2nd time we were given the same room we stayed in the 1st time.Well. the fridge had the same stuff in the fridge from our last visit so we knew that had'nt been cleaned out and before the night was over i encountered a roach staring me in the face alas our decision to NEVER return there again the bald guy's attitude sucked and i dont do roaches and i really hated that i had to keep going down to the main floor to get ice as the machine on the 3rd floor was still broken which it was broken our 1st stay there but the roach truly took the cake UGHHHHH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The title indicates how poorly this property is maintained.
* carpet was dirty
* "broken lamp" wasn't plugged in so the wall switch could control it
* shower needed caulk to be redone
* there was a sticker on the mirror frame that hadn't been fully removed
* TV had horrible picture
* bedspread was old and showed age

The good:
* location
* outdoor pool was well maintained
* price is well below other properties in the area
* free coffee in lobby

Some rooms were being renovated, so maybe this hotel will be better. What they need is some serious cleaning, new bedding, and updated televisions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NW Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is easy to miss, sitting back off a side road behind a closed restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this property. Parking was plentiful and well-lit.
The desk staff was exceptional, offering room upgrade and maps/directions to various places.
The room was your average hotel room, but it was fairly spacious, clean and came with a fridge that was appreciated. I'd stay here again if I was in the area and need of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rome City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've had the occasion to stay at this Motel 6 on two, non-consecutive night. Neither experience would discourage me from staying there again, but I have found a slightly better property at a slightly lower price. I used a travel coupon on both nights, which brought my total bill to just over $50 per night. The first night I was upgraded to a King room on the third floor and this is certainly the place to be if you have a choice. The room was larger and more comfortable than the typical Motel 6 rooms I have had in the past. They provided a strong and reliable wifi service that came with the price of the room (not always a given at Motel 6) and they had a decent selection of cable channels. The 3rd floor rooms also have an interior door only compared to the 1st and 2nd floor rooms which are exterior only. The place was clean and comfortable and I slept great. My second stay was on the second floor, which wasn't as nice, but still larger and better than the typical Motel 6. It's evident by the size and layouts of the rooms that this was not originally built as a Motel 6, which is a good thing. Breakfast amounted to coffee only, but the pool looked clean and functional. This property is ideally located off of I-69 exit 201 (formerly exit 1) and is hardly a mile North of I-465. It's close to the mall, plenty of restaurants, and some hospitals. I think it would be a great starting point for a weekend adventure in Indy or athletic events. The cost of the single night (when using the coupon) made this a pretty good value, compared to other properties in the immediate area. It was one of my better experiences at a Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The lobby was nice but when I walked in the room, oh my. The walls were dirty and the furniture was old and dirty. The thin blanket had cigarette burns. I kept looking around for bugs because it was that nasty. The manager didn't want to refund my money for the rest of the nights, when I checked out early. They wanted me to sign a contract, that would only allow my room to get cleaned once. Horrible experience and bad service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business