Review Highlights
Best Month of the Year

May is the best month of the year. Nothing better than Indy in May. Love all of the traditions of... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2021
816briannap
New York
via mobile
"Greatest Spectacle in Racing" if We Can Borrow a Phrase-It's True!

Our passion is travel. We love to visit places, restaurants and events. A couple years ago we... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2021
wetravelalot007
Rossville, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Indianapolis
All reviews bucket list item green flag family tradition race fans spectacle races track speedway event cars pits mazda penthouse roar bleachers brickyard passes
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Never have I seen anything like this event. I took my brother and father for my dads birthday. This is an event of colossal proportions you will walk your feet off! A must see adventure. Sit up high, seats are covered and you can drop down behind the back side of the stands to get to the beer garden. Keep in mind they quit serving beer at lap 80 I believe. Great place to take cool photos. I will be headed back.

4  Thank Travelmastercurry
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

Still the greatest racing event in the world. More than 300,000 fans pack the race course making it the largest one-day sporting event in the world. Truly an international event since the beginning. Over 100 years of rich history makes it an event to share with generations. We attend my parents used to attend, my children and grandchildren attend. And the racing is great, heart-pounding action. Four wide in the turns at times at speeds of over 200 MPH.

You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Activity on the track today made this a little more interesting than normal. One of the gift shops was closed for someone to have lunch with a crude handwritten sign on the door—weird.

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Love this track and race.

Keys for success - Relax and enjoy the day. Expect crowds and long lines and some disorganization.

300,000 people going to any event and this will happen.

Indy 500 day is a day to go with the flow. Enjoy the race.

Walk the infield before the race if you have time. Yes it is huge but that is fun as well.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I attended the Indy 500 on Sunday. I purchased HC parking in the infield tower lot. They told me there was a shuttle to take me to the grandstands. They didn't tell me it stopped running at 9 am. The traffic entering the parking had no signs posted. We sat at one intersection without moving for 45 minutes. The police sent me in the wrong entry gate. Inside, after having to walk to the grandstand, the staff couldn't tell me where my seats were located. Paddock 7, row QQ.
Had a good view of the pits in front of me and not much else. The video screen is small and dark. I couldn't see the finish at all. It was a bucket list thing, but the Daytona 500 is a much nicer, better organized facility.
Find a pub with a 70" tv. You'll be much happier.

Date of experience: May 2019