Review Highlights
Best Month of the Year

May is the best month of the year. Nothing better than Indy in May. Love all of the traditions of... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2021
816briannap
New York
via mobile
"Greatest Spectacle in Racing" if We Can Borrow a Phrase-It's True!

Our passion is travel. We love to visit places, restaurants and events. A couple years ago we... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2021
wetravelalot007
Rossville, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Indianapolis
All reviews bucket list item green flag family tradition race fans spectacle races track speedway event cars pits mazda penthouse roar bleachers brickyard passes
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

While staying in the area we decided to do the light tour. Little pricey at $30 but we decided it was worth it to drive on the track. Lights were neat - done in a clean organized fashion. And it was fun to drive on the track. One time deal in my opinion though for the price.

Date of experience: December 2018
3  Thank Wolfeaj
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

The Indy 500 is the yearly reminder that man and machine are in a constant battle for supremacy and there is no better fight than open wheeled racing.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed November 28, 2018

On the face of it, only $10 seems cheap for a specialist museum like this. In reality you get what you pay for.

If I was an Indy car fan from being a child, (like I've been an F1 fan,) I'd be really disappointed visiting as you can go around in an hour. There could be so much more information about every car on display. We want to know, top speed, 0-60 time, events competed in, engine size, etc. Wish there was more information about the safety issues of the cars, races, etc. and the social history (e.g, did women and minorities try to compete in indy 500 races).

It's also disappointing that the museum is only focused on this track. It's like the rest of the championship doesn't exist. For someone who can afford to travel to every circuit, this might be acceptable, for others and those not familiar with Indy car, this is rubbish.

On the day we went, some testing was happening so we couldn't go onto the track in the tour bus. Wouldn't it be great if they could do a deal with those electric scooter companies to let you do a lap yourself on a scooter?

To conclude, this museum is a missed opportunity and should be 4 times the size and taking half a day, costing $20. Indy fans and even none fans just want more.

Date of experience: September 2018
4  Thank ScorpioEsq
Reviewed October 6, 2018

I am an American Veteran and disabled. However was treaded that I went to the wrong place. Off season, very few visitors and I felt totally out of place. Sorry folks but you just lost someone that drove a long way just to have a look and you acted like that there is nothing to see. As fast as I got there, I even left faster than you can blink an eye. Educate your employees to treat the ones that protected you. For me there is not enough money for me to ever come back for a second disappointment.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank klcustom
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Everybody should go to the Indy 500 even if you are not a race fan you will become one !! Yes there are a lot of people. It is a part of Racing History I was not a race fan but after my first race there I feel in love with it !!! It worth the trip !!

Date of experience: May 2018