“exceptional stay”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #53 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was here for one night and it was an exceptional stay. I'm a real stickler when it comes to a comfortable bed and good quality sheets and both proved to be wonderful which gave me a very restful night of sleep. The white sound machine was a bonus. I had a glass of wine at the bar and the bartender was very nice. There was a courtesy shuttle that would take/pick me up if I wanted to go to a nearby restaurant. There is also common area outdoors that provided a nice area to socialize and enjoy the weather on a nice day or evening.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Hotel and rooms are attractive - it is a refurbished older hotel, but the decor and rooms are updated and moderb looking. It is not an ultra high end facility, but a very nice, attractive, and extremely clean hotel that I would recommend to friends and family. I would consider it a "premium-moderately priced" location. Staff was extemely friendly. Bed was very comfortable, check in and check out was fast. No free breakfast, but a breakfast buffet is offered, and there is free coffee in the lobby, along with the coffeemaker in the room. From the highway, you drive a minute or so down a park-like road, so don't think you'r lost! It appears to be in a very safe location. Carmel, Indiana has lots to offer in the way of shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: We requested fifth floor, courtyard side. Very quiet and comfy stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel. It's clean, pretty, and offers many amenities. The beds are comfy, with extra pillows. The decor is lovely. But what makes this place 5 stars for myself and my son, was the super friendly staff that was eager to please and very kind. I can't say enough about the shuttle driver Kevin and Danielle at the front desk. Both were so helpful and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. And Zach the general manager has assembled a exceptional staff and keeps this establishment functioning at top level. Thanks to these people, we're looking forward to staying here again! Thank you Holiday Inn Carmel for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you want a nice place to stay that is very clean and refreshed then this is a fine choice.

Went here on business and someone else booked this place for me. Would recommend if you want a clean place to sleep. There is an indoor pool and exercise room too.

Room Tip: Nice place for business or pleasure-
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this facility during the 2014 Indiana State Fair. Check-in was very easy. The room was so clean and exceptionally large. The king bed was very comfortable as was the hide-a-bed my daughter slept on.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here as part of a youth soccer tournament trip and I would stay here again. The new decor was lovely, service was good and lobby atmosphere was great. Our room also was very good. We ordered food and it was also quite good. They accommodated our group request for a pizza buffet as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The property "lok" is nice, it's obviously been rehabilitated, but there are obvious signs of the age, such as the antiquated elevators. The very bad thing about the property is the total lack of sound insulation in the highway facing rooms. To say they are inordinately loud due to traffic noise would be a gross misunderstatement. To the point that they have put white noise machines in the rooms that, though it is a valiant effort to cover the noise problem up, they fall very short.

The bottom line is the windows do not provide sound insulation, the walls do not provide sound insulation, which leads to a very poor sleep. I will avoid this location like the plague, & will write this same review on travel review sites as well to warn others about this poor property.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a small detail - I had to get up early to catch my flight out of IND & had no hot water for my shower. NO HOT WATER! I know the reason - it's an old property & doesn't have a recirculating hot water system - which was reinforced by the front desk accompanied by only a cursory "sorry". Yep, this is one crappy property that reflects really well on the Holiday Inn logo...

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to demand a room on the opposite side of the highway. If you need hot...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MFrosto
Zachary D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. PLEASE accept our deepest apologizes regarding the level caused by the interstate. Over the past few years we have worked diligently to provide investments to limit the highway noise such as, an additional window pane and new PTAC units that have reinforced insulation to block out additional noise.

Regarding your lack of hot water for your morning shower is unacceptable and our responses and service recovery in those situations needs to improve. I would like to personally thank you for providing this information that I will take back to the team.

Zachary Donofrio
(317) 574-4601

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Castleton
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#73 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!