“Nice stay”

Ranked #47 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbia City, Indiana
“Nice stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice hotel, just be prepared to do a fair amount of walking to get to your room. Clean room with nice bedding. An added bonus was a sound machine! We bring our own to block out highway and other room noise and this was provided and already in our room. Towels very nice, pool area very nice.

1 Thank ShowMeTheMountains
roboutz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the amentias we have to offer. It is wonderful to hear that you found everything to be accommodating and comfortable during your stay. We cannot wait to see you again!

Stephanie Scott
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Traveling for work, I stay at all hotels: clean, dirty, friendly, rude. By far, this is the best hotel my company has put me in. I absolutely advocate Holiday Inn, especially this one. The rooms are spotless, well kept facilities, and the bar is AMAZING. Kyle the bartender is the man you want serving your drinks. He alone has made my trip memorable and is rather impressive with his drink recollection. Amicable people and fast service, the bar at the holiday inn is the place to go for a bit of casual relaxation.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank sundaymorningtkf
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Indianapolis-Carmel. We strive to be a great hotel our guests love. We truly appreciate the wondeful comments you had to say about our hotel. Kyle is a wonderful with our guests and strives to give everyone a great experience. We know that he is truly a gem.

Again we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Stephanie Scott
Front Office Supervisor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a frequent traveler and a Holiday Inn Franchisee I am always watching for that exceptional employee who goes the extra mile for the guest....as it should be.While staying at this hotel I witnessed a great example of an employee who did just that.A guest approached the bartender and asked if the restaurant was still open.The rest. Was closed,but the bartender asked if he could go back in the kitchen and make a simple sandwich for the guest.Kyle proceeded to do this and served the guest a very nice looking plate with a sandwich and chips ,garnish ect.Just as I would expect any of my employees to do,but unfortunately something you don't see enough of in a Holiday Inn.This is a great Holiday Inn and a very exceptional employee.

Room Tip: Rooms were perfectly clean in every respect.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for sharing your travel experience with us. Kyle is an exceptional employee and the story you shared is a great example of him going above and beyond. Thank you for spending your business with us and giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Zachary Donofrio
Asst. General Manager
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this Holiday Inn because it was near the Sheraton Keystone Conference Center where we were attending an event Thursday and Firday... AND it was close to the "beltway" to get to the Speedway for MotoGP on the weekend.

I have to say that after 600 miles on my motorcycle, what I really needed was a hot shower, then a place to have a drink and enjoy some conversation. My husband was delayed, so I arrived alone. I was welcomed at the front desk by three lovely ladies, and given the room keys. There were four luggage carts in the entry, so it was a piece of cake to unload my bike and get everything up to the room.

My hot shower was marred by the slow/clogged drain. So, when I was dressed, I stopped at the desk and let them know the problem. I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance person taking care of it when I returned within a few minutes to get something I'd forgotten. <A-plus for fast response!> To get to the elevators, the most direct route is through the courtyard, which does NOT have automatic doors. It was a bit awkward to push the luggage cart through. There were tables and other seating out there, along with a sign that said something like "only food/drink purchased from the hotel may be eaten in the courtyard." Isn't that a bit off-putting.. . Over the weekend, it seemed that this "rule" gets ignored, as I observed quite a few folks eating take out pizza or groceries from Kroger in the courtyard.

I had a seat at the bar and Kyle greeted me with a smile. As a bourbon drinker, I was pleasantly surprised by the fairly large selection of higher end bourbons available. I ordered a Woodford Reserve, and the Jerk Chicken Quesadilla (appetizer) as my late supper. Kyle and I chatted a bit as he went about his duties. He was very personable. My quesadilla arrived. It was hot and delicious, just what I needed.

After my meal, I changed and headed back down to the pool area for a soak in the hot tub. Unfortunately, the water level seemed to be about 6 inches too low, and the positioning of the water jets was such that the tub was more of a fountain than of any therapeutic use.Nevertheless it was nice to sit in the hot water and listen to the white noise of the jets.

The bed... I don't understand why Holiday Inn bothers with the stupid "firm" and "soft" tags on the bed pillows. I have yet to encounter a location where there is any discernible difference between .the "firm" and "soft" labeled pillows. In fact, at this location ALL the pillows were beyond firm. In fact, they were more like sofa cushions than sleeping pillows, very thick and quite firm. I'm a stomach sleeper. A too firm, too fat pillow is really uncomfortable and makes for neck pain in the morning. I need a thin or at least a truly SOFT pillow..

We walked down for breakfast and were greeted by Blaine. A friendly, helpful guy. Blaine took great care of us. When my oatmeal looked a bit watery, he carried it back to the kitchen for a new portion. He filled coffee and was right there with whatever we needed.

It was quite simple to get to Keystone Center from the Holiday Inn without needing to get on the highway during rush hour, and it took about 20 minutes to get to the Speedway from the hotel. Not too bad.

Overall the hotel is large and well appointed with very friendly and helpful staff. The campus like setting is great. I would consider staying here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam F
Trip Advisor Member,

We thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so happy to hear that you were welcomed warmly by our entire team and that when issues did come up, we were there to take care of them in a timely and efficient manner. Again thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It was our pleasure to be of service to you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Zachary Donofrio
Asst. General Manager
Monument, CO
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We needed to organize a small team meeting in Indianapolis and because of location and previous experience, I chose this property. It was reasonably priced and also had conference facilities that we took advantage of and Brandi was very easy to work with and made it seamless. My group also enjoyed relaxing in the evening as Kyle, the server/bartender who was more than efficient and friendly, almost making us feel like we were at home; recommending restaurants in the area to be able to get out of the hotel and also experience, Indianapolis. The housekeeping staff were efficient and thorough and the front desk staff, more than helpful. The locations allows for walks in the morning without traffic and safe sidewalks! I would stay here again without hesitation and my group agrees, it was a great choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway ... they are much quieter!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pagelynn
roboutz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and for chosing to bring your group to the Holiday Inn Indianapolis-Carmel! I appreciate the comments and complements you gave our staff, especially pointing out Kyle in the bar. He truly has a gift for what he does, and we hear it often from our guests. He is an asset to this hotel!

Again, thanks for staying with us, and for writing your review - it was truly pleasant to read, and to share with our team members. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are coming to Indy!
Decatur, Indiana
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked online for a one night stay with husband & kids. Was a bit nervous as we usually stay at higher end hotels but the reviews were good I thought. Was pleasantly surprised by the clean updated look of the hotel. It was in a business-y type area & very quiet. We arrived very late at night, check in was smooth & on to our room. All we wanted was to get cleaned up & bed, got the first part done but the bed part was very disappointing. I knew it was going to be a rough night when my 9 year old daughter, who is underweight, hopped in bed & the bed took on the shape of a "U". Totally sunk down in the middle, even the box spring sank. The odd angle made it very, very hard to get compfortable. Made my head at such an odd angle trying to use a "soft" pillow. After tossing/turning all night woke up to aches & non-rested. All of us. It ended up making for a very long day, I had shooting pain down my neck all day & EVERYONE was grouchy from not sleeping well! So sad to say, what seemed nice & updated may just have been a partial update b/c those beds need replaced!! The only pro's were the hot water, took no time for steaming hot water in the shower or sink & in the morning it was $10.99 per adult for breakfast & 2 kids could eat free. That was nice to have an affordable breakfast with healthier options than a greasy drive thru. In the end we were glad we did not plan on another night there, I would have had to try to cancel, our family would not have survived another night of no sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear LizH95,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the condition of our hotel as well as the hot water and breakfast. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the bed. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Garnerville, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Every time i come to Indianapolis i stay at this hotel. all the staff are outstanding and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. When i stay at this hotel everybody treats me like a king and remembers my name. kyle the main bartender always remembers my name and what i drink and is an asset to the hotel.What makes this hotel great is that it is clean,service excellent,along with a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank bob72013
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and for chosing to stay at the Holiday inn Indianapolis-Carmel! I appreciate the comments and complements you gave our staff, especially pointing out Kyle in the bar. He does a great job, and is truly in his element at the Hoosier Grill bar!

We appreciate your continued loyalty when you travel to the Indy-Carmel area. We are very proud of the $3.5 million renovation, and conversion to Holiday Inn. But I am equally, if not more so, proud of our team members that strive to make the Holiday Inn Indy-Carmel the best hotel experience a traveler can find when coming to this area.

Again, thanks for staying with us, and for writing your review. I look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Indy!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
#71 of 182 in Indianapolis
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!