We booked this Holiday Inn because it was near the Sheraton Keystone Conference Center where we were attending an event Thursday and Firday... AND it was close to the "beltway" to get to the Speedway for MotoGP on the weekend.
I have to say that after 600 miles on my motorcycle, what I really needed was a hot shower, then a place to have a drink and enjoy some conversation. My husband was delayed, so I arrived alone. I was welcomed at the front desk by three lovely ladies, and given the room keys. There were four luggage carts in the entry, so it was a piece of cake to unload my bike and get everything up to the room.
My hot shower was marred by the slow/clogged drain. So, when I was dressed, I stopped at the desk and let them know the problem. I was pleasantly surprised to find the maintenance person taking care of it when I returned within a few minutes to get something I'd forgotten. <A-plus for fast response!> To get to the elevators, the most direct route is through the courtyard, which does NOT have automatic doors. It was a bit awkward to push the luggage cart through. There were tables and other seating out there, along with a sign that said something like "only food/drink purchased from the hotel may be eaten in the courtyard." Isn't that a bit off-putting.. . Over the weekend, it seemed that this "rule" gets ignored, as I observed quite a few folks eating take out pizza or groceries from Kroger in the courtyard.
I had a seat at the bar and Kyle greeted me with a smile. As a bourbon drinker, I was pleasantly surprised by the fairly large selection of higher end bourbons available. I ordered a Woodford Reserve, and the Jerk Chicken Quesadilla (appetizer) as my late supper. Kyle and I chatted a bit as he went about his duties. He was very personable. My quesadilla arrived. It was hot and delicious, just what I needed.
After my meal, I changed and headed back down to the pool area for a soak in the hot tub. Unfortunately, the water level seemed to be about 6 inches too low, and the positioning of the water jets was such that the tub was more of a fountain than of any therapeutic use.Nevertheless it was nice to sit in the hot water and listen to the white noise of the jets.
The bed... I don't understand why Holiday Inn bothers with the stupid "firm" and "soft" tags on the bed pillows. I have yet to encounter a location where there is any discernible difference between .the "firm" and "soft" labeled pillows. In fact, at this location ALL the pillows were beyond firm. In fact, they were more like sofa cushions than sleeping pillows, very thick and quite firm. I'm a stomach sleeper. A too firm, too fat pillow is really uncomfortable and makes for neck pain in the morning. I need a thin or at least a truly SOFT pillow..
We walked down for breakfast and were greeted by Blaine. A friendly, helpful guy. Blaine took great care of us. When my oatmeal looked a bit watery, he carried it back to the kitchen for a new portion. He filled coffee and was right there with whatever we needed.
It was quite simple to get to Keystone Center from the Holiday Inn without needing to get on the highway during rush hour, and it took about 20 minutes to get to the Speedway from the hotel. Not too bad.
Overall the hotel is large and well appointed with very friendly and helpful staff. The campus like setting is great. I would consider staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel is ideally located in a park like setting in the heart of upscale Meridian Corporate Business Park and minutes away from the beautiful downtown Carmel Arts and Design District. Our unique six story design hotel is the only Holiday Inn located in the Indianapolis area. Renovated, spacious guestrooms and suites offer all the comforts of home including Holiday Inn signature bedding for a restful night sleep, microwave and refrigerator for your convenience and HDTV channels providing an array of viewing options on the 32 inch flat panel TV. Join family and colleagues for breakfast, dinner or drinks in the Terranova Bar and Grill. Take advantage of free Wi-Fi, 24 hour sundry shop and business center. To unwind from the day, take a dip in our indoor pool or whirlpool. Reenergize yourself in the fitness center. Business travelers will find our hotel conveniently located to companies within the North Meridian corridor including St. Vincent Hospital, Liberty Mutual, Delta Faucet, Teradata, Ingersoll Rand, Monster, Bridgestone Firestone, Belden, Verizon, and Thompson Technical. Take the day to enjoy attractions such as Broad Ripple, Children’s Museum, Butler University, The Palladium, Lucas Oil Stadium, and Indianapolis Speedway. We are only 20 miles from Indianapolis Airport. Relax knowing you have made the right choice with Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel
- Four Points By Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel Hotel Indianapolis
- Radisson Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Radisson