“hotel stay”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #48 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Every time i come to Indianapolis i stay at this hotel. all the staff are outstanding and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. When i stay at this hotel everybody treats me like a king and remembers my name. kyle the main bartender always remembers my name and what i drink and is an asset to the hotel.What makes this hotel great is that it is clean,service excellent,along with a good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bob72013
roboutz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and for chosing to stay at the Holiday inn Indianapolis-Carmel! I appreciate the comments and complements you gave our staff, especially pointing out Kyle in the bar. He does a great job, and is truly in his element at the Hoosier Grill bar!

We appreciate your continued loyalty when you travel to the Indy-Carmel area. We are very proud of the $3.5 million renovation, and conversion to Holiday Inn. But I am equally, if not more so, proud of our team members that strive to make the Holiday Inn Indy-Carmel the best hotel experience a traveler can find when coming to this area.

Again, thanks for staying with us, and for writing your review. I look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Indy!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

While spending 3-4 days/week in the area, this is the best hotel I've found, especially for the price. Very attentive staff that goes out of their way to make sure you have what you need. Kyle, the server/bartender, seems to remember every repeat guest's name when they sit down to order, the staff at breakfast are always chipper and energetic in the morning, and the front desk staff is great to deal with. The rooms could use some minor updating, but overall they are just fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate your headline..."a great place to stay for business travel". Another review I responded to had a headline stating "they know how to treat groups". I am proud that wheher our guests are on business travel, with a group, or leisure travel, our team members care and work diligently to make it the best hotel experience in the Indy-Carmel area!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel was interestingly situated so that it felt secluded. Inside, I did find the arrangement kind of awkward where you have to go into a courtyard first and through another set of doors from the lobby to get to a room. It makes three sets of doors you have to go through with your luggage before you get to the elevator. While the one into the lobby is automated, the other two are not which means one of you has to hold the door open to get the luggage through.

When we were there it was a Sunday night (July 7th) and the hotel felt very empty. I'm not sure that there was anyone else on our floor. The room itself seemed comfortably laid out and pretty standard as far as rooms go these days. As with the other rooms we stayed in on our 2 week road trip, the TV was set up so that you could hook an HDMI cable to it and link up your computer. The free wi-fi was serviceable but would have preferred something faster. The pool was indoor and while my son and I enjoyed it, it would have been nice if it had at least some areas that were deeper than 3 feet. All in all, I think it was quite comfortable and a good value which made it good for a one night stay but not sure how multiple nights would hold up. One of the previous reviewers mentioned breakfast and I would note that as far as we were aware, there was not a complimentary breakfast. Bear in mind though that we booked through Hotwire, so maybe they have different regular promotions that involve a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Your observations about the courtyard are good. It is a great place to relax and have a cup of coffee or a drink, especially with the new furnishings that were purchased as part of our recent renovation. However, it can seem strange to walk outside to walk back inside. We do have interior corridors on either side of the courtyard connecting to the guestrom tower, if you prefer not to go through the courtyard. I also appreciate your observations on our new HD TV's, which are very easy to connect other devices to. I am concerned that your internet experience was not as good as you would have liked, as we generally get great feedback on our internet service provider, and are scored high on surveys we receive through Holiday Inn.

Our pool is more of an exercise/lap pool, so kids looking for the "deep water" experience wont get that here (however, I generally find when kids get in water they make it fun!) but our guests do have access to the near-by Five Seasons Family Sports Club, which has multiple pools. We also provide complimentary transportation there, which is just a few blocks away.

And finally, we do have a restaurant, the Hoosier Grill, proving breakfast and dinner. We do have rate packages that are breakfast inclusive, but as a full service hotel with a professional culinary and service staff, a complinteray breakfast with all rates is not part of our operating standard.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel after a great day visiting Indianapolis. A nice welcome at the reception, a nice clean and comfy king bedroom on the 2nd floor. The hotel looks great with a patio/garden in a very quiet area north of the USS Indianapolis Memorial Highway and minutes from restaurants and shops.
All the ingredients were there to have a great stay in the hotel, BUT....that evening, a whole group of teenagers with their teachers were staying at the hotel and most of them on the 2nd floor.
The great stay became quickly a kind of nightmare having these kids running and shouting in the corridors till late at night and early in the morning, knocking at the room's door and having the teachers speaking loudly in the corridor at the early hours of the morning !
I made a complain and reported the incidents to the receptionist in the morning who simply apologized for the trouble without offering any compensation.

I think that any hotel should consider important the tranquility of all their guests and when they have a group or class of teenagers staying in their hotel, they should anticipate any situation and allocate rooms to their other guests in a different floor. I consider there was a lack of judgment and customer service from the hotel that affected a lot the quality of our stay.

The breakfast was surprisingly good with high standard of service and quality of food that you wouldn't expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Room 228 is a nice and quiet king bedroom on the 2nd floor, the window giving to an flowery back all...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Igal A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Igal A,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am very happy that you liked our breakfast and found the room clean and comfortable. On the other hand, please accept my deepest apologies for the troubles you have encountered with some of the guests' noise. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Myself, my mother, sister and my 3 young nephews( all under 3 years of age) and a family friend all hunkered down at this fine hotel for a weekend trip to visit family in Broadripple and every staff member we interacted with had a smile on their face and were pleasant and warm towards us - especially Eric (Latino, awesome short mohawk type hair) who patiently helped carry our luggage and check us out with 3 tired grumpy babies in tow. He has such a great attitude.
Also the hotel was clean and rooms are a generous size. Will definitely stay again for next years visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I actually remember speaking with you when you checked out! I also appreciate your comments on Eric - we celebrated your comments about him in our daily meeting, which made him blush a bit! Again, thanks for staying with us, and for writing your review. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are coming to Indy!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and i decided to drive to Indianapolis for the 4th of July at the last minute . I got a great deal on hotwire for this hotel . The hotel was very clean and our room was quiet even though it was group of sports team staying at the hotel also.I enjoyed the shopping in the area and the staff was very helpful with local information i would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.My husband enjoyed the hot tub and pool.

Room Tip: I don't think the breakfast was worth $12 .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
roboutz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. We were very happy to have you over the holiday weekend and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Stephanie Scott
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed July 11, 2013

One thing that truly sets a hotel apart is the staff. There were several exceptional staff at this hotel! Among them are: Kyle in the lounge, Stephanie and Letia at the desk. They all made the stay exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us. I so much appreciate your comments about our team members, which was shared with them! We love seeing reviews such as yours, and knowing that we achieved our goal of creating an exceptional stay for you! Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you here again the next time travel brings you to Indy!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield
Comfort Inn Indianapolis North – Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!