It started badly: the main entrance was under renovation which required we park and enter on the side of the building without an awning in a driving rain storm. Next, we had to maneuver through trash-laden tables left over from a broken up business/sales meeting and hallway furniture (this was difficult enough WITHOUT baggage and near impossible WITH) to the front desk. There the desk clerk tried to get us checked in by working around the handicap of obscenely long fingernails and a desk cluttered with papers and cards. She finally had to call her supervisor to complete the task.
Once my wife got into the room, I retrieved the luggage and found that my card would not work upon my return. Fortunately, my wife let me in and after unpacking traveled back to the front desk to have my card repaired.
At this time, we left, had dinner and some coffee and returned to settle in. I noted low water pressure at the sink while I washed my hands and then it finally stopped altogether. I checked the bathtub and found the same. A quick call to the front desk and I found out the water main had been shut off because a leak had been accidentally caused. In about 30 minutes the water had been turned back on and black sediment spewed from all the faucets. We had no alert from the management.
When this hotel had been booked (by an outside party), the hotel failed to inform them that it was teenage, giggling girl invasion night so I was serenaded throughout the night by the sounds of loud conversations and running through the hallway. To top it all off, I discovered that there were a multitude of excellent-appearing hotels between here and my site visit location for the next morning. Thank you, Holiday Inn, for making a business trip unbearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel is ideally located in a park like setting in the heart of upscale Meridian Corporate Business Park and minutes away from the beautiful downtown Carmel Arts and Design District. Our unique six story design hotel is the only Holiday Inn located in the Indianapolis area. Renovated, spacious guestrooms and suites offer all the comforts of home including Holiday Inn signature bedding for a restful night sleep, microwave and refrigerator for your convenience and HDTV channels providing an array of viewing options on the 32 inch flat panel TV. Join family and colleagues for breakfast, dinner or drinks in the Terranova Bar and Grill. Take advantage of free Wi-Fi, 24 hour sundry shop and business center. To unwind from the day, take a dip in our indoor pool or whirlpool. Reenergize yourself in the fitness center. Business travelers will find our hotel conveniently located to companies within the North Meridian corridor including St. Vincent Hospital, Liberty Mutual, Delta Faucet, Teradata, Ingersoll Rand, Monster, Bridgestone Firestone, Belden, Verizon, and Thompson Technical. Take the day to enjoy attractions such as Broad Ripple, Children’s Museum, Butler University, The Palladium, Lucas Oil Stadium, and Indianapolis Speedway. We are only 20 miles from Indianapolis Airport. Relax knowing you have made the right choice with Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel
- Four Points By Sheraton Indianapolis Carmel Hotel Indianapolis
- Radisson Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Radisson