“Nice place.. A little tricky to find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #53 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Central Ohio
“Nice place.. A little tricky to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My teenage daughter, her friends and I went to Indianapolis for the Transiberian Orchestra concert in December. I was able to get a decent rate through Hotwire (purchase without knowing the hotel).

We arrived after dark so it was a little tricky finding the hotel, probably extremely difficult if we didn't have GPS because the hotel is located in an office subdivision.

The positives:
The hotel was currently being renovated so the rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. The beds had several choices of pillows so you could choose if you wanted firm or soft pillows.
We were able to get a roll away with no fee.
The shower water pressure was good.
The business center had a touch screen computer that when you logged out of the computer it deleted your account as well as your viewing history.
The front desk had a mini store where you could purchase a variety of snacks and they were too outrageous in regards to hotel prices (you do, obviously, pay an up charge for convenience.

Negatives:

No breakfast is included in the room. There is a restaurant to have breakfast and does have a breakfast buffet. We did not eat in the restaurant.

The listing for the hotel said the hotel had on demand movies; however, when we arrived they did not have on demand movies.

I would probably stay at this location again if it was a discounted rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much sharing your comments with us. Your right GPS does make traveling these days stress free. We apologize the Holiday Inn full service brand does not offer complimentary breakfast with your overnight accommodations, this is often confused with the free breakfast that the Holiday Inn Express brand offers. Currently we are wrapping up some light punch work items that are necessary post our $3.0 Million renovation. We thank you for spending your business with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Zachary Donofrio
Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a good stay at this hotel with just a couple of disappointments. I had called to request a room with two beds, on courtyard side away from highway, and limited walking to room. We did get two beds on 1st floor. But in this hotel it seems there is walking to any room since lobby is like in a separate building from rooms. We did end up with a room on the highway side, but used our ear plugs and it wasn't too bad. I was more trouble by the heater and refrigerator's odd noises. So I turned them down or off. Sounds like all I am doing is complaining---don't mean to. I really liked the bed and enjoyed using the pool, the hyper hot tub, and the exersize room. Again you get your exersize just walking to these. Other people in their reviews have commented about the remodeling here. I was told they have finished that work and everything did look good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wishingtraveler
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Valued Member,

We thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We apologize that your room request was not fulfilled, currently we are in the process of installing new heating and cooling units in an effort to minimize any noise from the freeway, this project will be completed this week.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing the Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel for your stay.
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had an unplanned stay in this hotel after bad winter roads forced an overnight stay on the north side of Indy. The price was right for a last-minute reservation at a higher-quality hotel. The hotel and room were clean and inviting. The front staff were also friendly. The hotel lobby is pleasant with seating areas and fireplaces. I did hear some noise from the adjacent room overnight (the walls seemed thin), and the water in the morning was not very hot, but I overall enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is in a residential/medical area in a nicer part of Indy. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fritty
Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities helped compliment your stay. I would like to personally apologize that you were disrupted in the comforts of your guest room.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I travel to the Carmel area often for business. As a frequent guest of the Holiday Inn, I am always warmly greeted by Stephanie at the front desk. She consistently makes me feel at home during my stay and is exceptional at taking care of any incidental items I need during my stay.
If I am ever in need of food or beverage, Kyle at the bar never fails to make the environment entertaining and a place you just can't help but enjoy. He respects my need to work, while being diligent in serving my needs. When my work is done, he's more than willing to strike up good conversation. Zach, the Asst Gm, goes out of his way to make me feel at home everytime he sees me. He knows me by name and is certain to take time out of his day to stop by and visit.
This is the ONLY hotel for me and my people when we're in the Indy area !!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent !!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank david_harris_bcr
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Mr. Harris,

Thank you for taking the time to compose your review. It is always a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. We are happy to know we can make time away from home a comfortable experience. Our team was thrilled to hear your comments.

Thank you for choosing to spend your business with us!
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

During November 2012, I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Around 10:00p.m.the people next door began to party. There was loud music, loud talking, and banging on the walls. I literally thought they were coming through the wall. Around 1:30 a.m. I called front desk to ask them to quiet the noise. I was TOLD THIS IS NOT THEIR PROBLEM. About 3:00 a.m. I decided to call Carmel police y department. They appeared at the scene and the noise ceased for about 4 hours. Yes! The people next door began partying again around 8:00 a.m. I had made reservation for 2 days, I immediately woke up and located another local hotel and canceled my last night stay with this hotel. On my way out, I spoke with front desk clerk, who told me the people next door were deaf. The staff never offered to give me another room to get away from the noise or compensate me for restless night of sleep. Due to the poor service, I decided to call the hotel back and speak with the general manager. I was promised award points to compensate me for a future stay at the Holiday Inn. Four weeks later, I checked to see if the rewards points were applied to my account and they were not. I called the hotel to inquire and still felt like I was given the run around! Don't waste your money or time at this location

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Valerie C
Zachary D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Trip Advisor member,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to compose your review. We would first like to apologize for the inconveniences and reports of noise you have mentioned in your review. After making myself aware of your experience I have found that we did issue a refund for your stay at the time of departure and your credit card was refunded, we apologize if this information was not communicated to yourself. Additionally we have issued 10,000 PC points to be added to your rewards account. If you would like to discuss this matter further with myself I would be happy to be of assistance. I can be reached directly at (317) 574-4618 as, I would love the opportunity to earn your business back.

We appreciate you spending your business with us, enjoy your holidays!
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everything was nice and tidy and my room was very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I had a great breakfast in the restaurant and the waiter I had was so awesome. Had a wonderful time staying here and would definitely stay again. The price isn't bad either. Met my needs since we were only staying a night and we all enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Member,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service staff was so helpful.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Indianapolis Carmel!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I stayed here for the long weekend after Thanksgiving Day. Our room was clean and comfortable. Awesome bathroom amenities (Bath and Body Works!!). The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The highlight of my stay had to have been Blaine, who works in the restaurant. This young man went out of his way to take excellent care of not only us, but all the tables he was serving. He was the perfect combination of professional, as well as warm and friendly. Since he and my son are roughly the same age, I asked him for suggestions on things to do in Indy. He gave us several, most of which we did. The next morning, he asked what we had decided to do and if we had enjoyed it. Great follow-up! Blaine is a shining star for the Holiday Inn in Carmel. I hope his management will pass on my compliments to him and let him know that it's true - one person CAN make a difference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kathyrubinx2
Trip Advisor member,

It is always rewarding to hear positive reviews that we can share with our staff. Blaine was delighted to hear your positive comments and that he could help make your stay in Indianapolis an enjoyable one. Your right one person can make a difference, we have a great staff that strives to create this environment for everyone.

Again thank you for your comments and for spending your business with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#20 of 178 in Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
#99 of 178 in Indianapolis
Hyatt Place Indianapolis/Keystone
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!