“Nice hotel”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I liked the Westin. It was a little walk to get to the good restaurants, but overall nice. Starbucks coffee in the room, as well as a Starbucks in the lobby. Check in was easy, and I had a nice room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Overall a good stay. You have to pay for parking on top of the room. The desk staff wasn't really on top of things and the hotel is showing it's age. Overall a nice stay and very close the everything downtown.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2011

It was my first time at a Westin in Indianapolis and I was a bit disappointed.

Lets start off on a positive note though, the rooms were nice! Comfortable bed and clean! The food at Shula's was also delicious! I would definitely recommend Shulas!

The big draw back was the internet. I was traveling for business and needed to send a few emails. The internet in the rooms was not free which is totally standard and understandable. Since I only need to do a few things I decided just to walk down to the business center only to find out that it was just like an internet cafe! .49 per minute 3 min minimum! You are kidding right?

Not only am I paying close to $200 per night but there is not internet and no breakfast. Sorry Westin but that was a bust!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Feb 2011 - Indianapolis, massive ice storm. I was stuck downtown and not able to get home and my company put me up in the hotel for one night so that I could get some rest. I work nights and had a 2 day reservation so that I could sleep during the day.

Arriving at the hotel is what is expected, nice lobby, nice staff. Check in was okay and quick. Like others who reviews this hotel, I did have problems with the room and stay.

First, the cordless phone did not work. But there was a corded phone there and it worked. Everything cost, I was scared even to sit on the bed, wasn't sure if there was a surcharge. Water $4.00, candy bar $5.00...wow.

Well the bed was comfy, lots of pillows, but I could hear everything that was happening in the room next to me, the TV, the water running, the toilet flushing. I figured since I got there in the morning (to sleep all day) that it would end soon....I was wrong. I heard all of housekeepings duties, heard door's opening and closing, heard people talking in the halls, heard loud bangs. The rooms do not have a nice loud A/C or heater to drown out the noise. Needless to say, I did not sleep well during the day. But I figure most people sleep at night so the noise probably not so bad then.

Like other people, I found the bathroom extremely small, lots of mold and rust in the bathroom, but it didn't keep me from using the facilities. Just if you are a large person, don't expect to get in the bathroom and close the door.

If you plan on staying here, high speed internet is $10.00 per night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. Please accept our apologies for the fact that you had trouble sleeping during the day. In hind site, we probably could have done a better job putting all the day sleepers that we accommodated during the ice storm in a more centralized area, but with the short notice and the amount of arrivals at the same time it got away from us. We do appreciate that you took the time provide feedback.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I was stunned to see this facility rated so low. Beautiful hotel, standard great Westin rooms, good fitness room, great location. I've stayed here many times over the years and have always enjoyed my stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The Westin Indianapolis is a decent place to stay if you're in Indy for a convention or Colts game as it's just a couple of blocks from both the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium. I stayed here to attend the FDIC Expo at the ICC and found out that you can actually walk from the Westin to the Convention center without going outside thanks to a series of bridges and indoor public walkways that also connect to Circle Center Mall as well as several other hotels. Very convenient, especially when the weather takes a turn.

Our room was clean and in good repair, but nothing out of the ordinary. The staff was friendly enough and pretty helpful. I thought the room was a bit expensive for what we ended up getting but overall not a bad place to stay, after all, you could do a lot worse.

I'd recommend this place if you could get a good deal on a room. Probably not otherwise.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The first impression I got was okay, the lobby is nice, but it smelled of natural gas. We checked in and got our room. We went to the room and the halls were narrow, dingy, and dimly lit. The room at first glance was fine.

I forgot something in my car so I went to the valet desk and asked for my car so I could retrieve my forgotten item. The valet gave me my keys and directions to the valet lot and my parking spot number. Not sure why I paid extra for valet.

We were at an event at the convention center, so the walkway to the convention center was wonderful.

The bathroom was filthy. There was mold in the shower and on the door hinges. The phone didn't work, you couldn't answer it. The desk kept calling and we had to call them from our cell phone to tell them the phone was broken. They never offered to send someone to fix it.

When we shared our concerns at checkout, the man at the desk was indifferent. We had pictures of the bathroom and he didn't look at them. He told us they would take the room off the market to get it cleaned. I asked to speak to a manager and none was available. It took me 2 days of calling the Westin and their corporate office to get a response.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

My sincere apologies for your room not being clean. I can assure you that I am looking into this and will make appropriate corrections. Thank you for pointing this out.