“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Arnold, Missouri
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I am writting this review to commend John the front desk associate at the hotel. Due to a winter storm me, my wife and teenager daughter were forced to extend our stay one more night after a Cheerleading event (12 Dec). John was a savior finding us a room in record time and helping us in every way possible. What a wonderful experience under stressful conditions . Please commend this fine individual for a job well done!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The service I received was excellent. The hotel staff with whom I came in contact were friendly and helpful, especially the front desk/front office associates (Kristen and Tia).

I loved the room. Everything worked properly; it was quiet; the bed was very comfortable. I especially liked the "workout room" (spinner, exercise ball, weights)--I wish all hotels offered these.

The hotel was located downtown, and for my purposes, was fine.

What I liked best were the room and courteous, helpful staff. What I liked least was no shuttle service from/to the airport. It took me close to two hours to get from the airport using the downtown bus.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Dear Teri336,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am very pleased to hear that Kristen, Tia and our other associates were helpful and pleasant. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you sustained in trying to commute from the airport, but I am very thankful for your gracious words in regards to our facility and staff. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in any of your future visits to downtown Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your review.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel is a nice hotel. The beds are very comfortable. I did have problems with the internet and my drain and I know things like this do happen. However, Bob Miller with the Engineering was very helpful. He was very polite and fixed my internet even though that isn't what he came up to fix. The rest of the staff was wonderful as well.

• Stayed November 2010
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear MsTasia2U,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that the staff was helpful and polite and that your overall stay was a pleasant one. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you did incur while staying with us. We are currently in the process of updating our internet service so that our valued guests, such as yourself, can connect consistently without delay. Thank you again for your feedback, as it will help us to better any future experiences that you may have with us as well as the experiences of all of our valued customers.
Denver
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Hotel could use some upgrades. Room service hours have been decreased over the recent past, Shula's service/food has gone down (hotel restaurant).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanette49
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear Jeanette49,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay at the Westin Indianapolis. You are a valued guest and your comments are very important to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or negative experience you may have had. Please know that it is because of your feedback that we will be able to make adjustments that will better the overall experience of any future stays that you may choose to spend with us, as well as the stays of all of our guests.

Thank you for your comments.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The staff are extremely smiley and nice, but the hotel itself is just average - and IMHO overpriced for being so average. The phone in my room didn't work, the showerhead in the bathroom was extremely scaly, the towels were rough and scratchy . . . and a yogurt in the morning costs $6. The bottle of water they placed in the room cost $4. And it costs $10 for wireless! There's a bar-b-q joint my town that offers free wireless, but you pay $150 for a hotel room and they can't throw that in too??? There is also a business center whose computers you can use, but it costs $0.59 cents/minute - no thanks! Also, when I tried to call the front desk (with my cell, because the phone in the room didn't work) the most appropriate choice on their menu of options was for Reservations. When I got in touch with Reservations, I discovered that a) the employees taking reservations are in CANADA and b) they don't give out correct information anyway. I was asking if they have toothbrushes if you forgot yours and was told NO. Later I found a card in the room that listed free amenities - and guess what? - they DO provide toothbrushes. I would have left all the above on a comment card, except NONE was provided in the room. In sum - Motel 8 accomodations, Four Seasons prices!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear easy1toplease,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Westin Indianapolis. I greatly apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us, though I am happy to hear that the staff was satisfactory. I apologize that the in room phone was not working and that the cleanliness of your showerhead was not to scale as well as for the confusion regarding the free amenities that we offer. Please know how much we appreciate your feedback as it assists us in being able to make adjustments that will better your potential future stays with us, as well as the experiences of all of our guests. Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to inform us of the events of your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope that we can provide a better experience to you in the future.
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary the hotel was great. I loved that it has a Starbucks right in the lobby.It is also in an ecxellent location so close to all the great spots, the mall, musuems,bars, cafes,restaruants. The only think we didnt like at all adn would not recomemmend was the Restaraunt "Shulas" located in the hotel. We had heard this place was a great place to eat. However our steaks were not cooked the way we had asked, so we sent them back and they still werent right, so we ended up leaving most of the steak on the plate. My was so chewy I felt like I had peice of tough bubble gum in my mouth, my jaw hurt from chewing that I couldnt even finish. It was way over priced for what we got and they didnt even offer a discount off the food!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear erjer08,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had at Shula’s Restaurant. I assure you that your comments have been noted and we are ever striving to improve all aspects of our hotel to better accommodate our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience. I greatly appreciate the fact that you and your husband chose to spend such a special occasion with us and I equally appreciate your positive review of your stay. I am delighted that enjoyed our convenient location and that your stay was an overall success.

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to comment and help us better the experience of each of our guests.
IN
Reviewed November 15, 2010

It started off a little rough... check-in was slow. Then, the lady at the front desk gave us keys to a room that was already occupied. I noticed luggage in the room and called the front desk. She told me to step into the hallway & wait for someone to meet me. They immediately sent up a gentleman, Joseph. He gave me new keys & apologized for the mix-up. He was super kind and helpful.

Other people complained in their reviews about the internet. We didn't have any problems. I didn't pay for the internet service...I think it was around $10/day. I think that's ridiculous! The wireless network worked perfectly for us in our rooms. We were using iPhones,not laptops though. So I'm not sure how laptops would do.

Our room was lovely. We had a great view of the city. The beds were mega-comfy. Everything was great. Cute little leaf-shaped soaps in bathroom, nice towels, plenty of shampoo, conditioner & lotion.

There was also a staff member, Larry, who was beyond awesome! He was very helpful and generous. He introduced us to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. It's FABULOUS. You gotta check it out!

GREAT HOTEL

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced upon your arrival, though I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist you and helpful in being able to remedy the situation.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience and no trouble with the internet during your stay with us. We are currently in the process of updating our internet service and we look forward to completing this project so that we can provide consistent and quality internet service to our guests.

Thank you for your complimentary words concerning your room and amenities. We strive to provide our guests with comfort and quality during their stay with us which is why we provide a Heavenly Bed with 10 layers of comfort in all rooms. Like our internet, we are also in the process of updating and replacing all of the Heavenly Beds and I hope that you will consider taking advantage of this update by staying with us again in the future.

I greatly appreciate your kind words and I am pleased to hear of your wonderful experience with Larry and with our Executive Lounge.