“The staff is WONDERFUL!!”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel is a nice hotel. The beds are very comfortable. I did have problems with the internet and my drain and I know things like this do happen. However, Bob Miller with the Engineering was very helpful. He was very polite and fixed my internet even though that isn't what he came up to fix. The rest of the staff was wonderful as well.

• Stayed: November 2010
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Dear MsTasia2U,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that the staff was helpful and polite and that your overall stay was a pleasant one. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you did incur while staying with us. We are currently in the process of updating our internet service so that our valued guests, such as yourself, can connect consistently without delay. Thank you again for your feedback, as it will help us to better any future experiences that you may have with us as well as the experiences of all of our valued customers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Hotel could use some upgrades. Room service hours have been decreased over the recent past, Shula's service/food has gone down (hotel restaurant).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeanette49
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Jeanette49,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay at the Westin Indianapolis. You are a valued guest and your comments are very important to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or negative experience you may have had. Please know that it is because of your feedback that we will be able to make adjustments that will better the overall experience of any future stays that you may choose to spend with us, as well as the stays of all of our guests.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

The staff are extremely smiley and nice, but the hotel itself is just average - and IMHO overpriced for being so average. The phone in my room didn't work, the showerhead in the bathroom was extremely scaly, the towels were rough and scratchy . . . and a yogurt in the morning costs $6. The bottle of water they placed in the room cost $4. And it costs $10 for wireless! There's a bar-b-q joint my town that offers free wireless, but you pay $150 for a hotel room and they can't throw that in too??? There is also a business center whose computers you can use, but it costs $0.59 cents/minute - no thanks! Also, when I tried to call the front desk (with my cell, because the phone in the room didn't work) the most appropriate choice on their menu of options was for Reservations. When I got in touch with Reservations, I discovered that a) the employees taking reservations are in CANADA and b) they don't give out correct information anyway. I was asking if they have toothbrushes if you forgot yours and was told NO. Later I found a card in the room that listed free amenities - and guess what? - they DO provide toothbrushes. I would have left all the above on a comment card, except NONE was provided in the room. In sum - Motel 8 accomodations, Four Seasons prices!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear easy1toplease,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Westin Indianapolis. I greatly apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us, though I am happy to hear that the staff was satisfactory. I apologize that the in room phone was not working and that the cleanliness of your showerhead was not to scale as well as for the confusion regarding the free amenities that we offer. Please know how much we appreciate your feedback as it assists us in being able to make adjustments that will better your potential future stays with us, as well as the experiences of all of our guests. Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to inform us of the events of your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope that we can provide a better experience to you in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary the hotel was great. I loved that it has a Starbucks right in the lobby.It is also in an ecxellent location so close to all the great spots, the mall, musuems,bars, cafes,restaruants. The only think we didnt like at all adn would not recomemmend was the Restaraunt "Shulas" located in the hotel. We had heard this place was a great place to eat. However our steaks were not cooked the way we had asked, so we sent them back and they still werent right, so we ended up leaving most of the steak on the plate. My was so chewy I felt like I had peice of tough bubble gum in my mouth, my jaw hurt from chewing that I couldnt even finish. It was way over priced for what we got and they didnt even offer a discount off the food!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Dear erjer08,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had at Shula’s Restaurant. I assure you that your comments have been noted and we are ever striving to improve all aspects of our hotel to better accommodate our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience. I greatly appreciate the fact that you and your husband chose to spend such a special occasion with us and I equally appreciate your positive review of your stay. I am delighted that enjoyed our convenient location and that your stay was an overall success.

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to comment and help us better the experience of each of our guests.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

It started off a little rough... check-in was slow. Then, the lady at the front desk gave us keys to a room that was already occupied. I noticed luggage in the room and called the front desk. She told me to step into the hallway & wait for someone to meet me. They immediately sent up a gentleman, Joseph. He gave me new keys & apologized for the mix-up. He was super kind and helpful.

Other people complained in their reviews about the internet. We didn't have any problems. I didn't pay for the internet service...I think it was around $10/day. I think that's ridiculous! The wireless network worked perfectly for us in our rooms. We were using iPhones,not laptops though. So I'm not sure how laptops would do.

Our room was lovely. We had a great view of the city. The beds were mega-comfy. Everything was great. Cute little leaf-shaped soaps in bathroom, nice towels, plenty of shampoo, conditioner & lotion.

There was also a staff member, Larry, who was beyond awesome! He was very helpful and generous. He introduced us to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. It's FABULOUS. You gotta check it out!

GREAT HOTEL

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced upon your arrival, though I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist you and helpful in being able to remedy the situation.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience and no trouble with the internet during your stay with us. We are currently in the process of updating our internet service and we look forward to completing this project so that we can provide consistent and quality internet service to our guests.

Thank you for your complimentary words concerning your room and amenities. We strive to provide our guests with comfort and quality during their stay with us which is why we provide a Heavenly Bed with 10 layers of comfort in all rooms. Like our internet, we are also in the process of updating and replacing all of the Heavenly Beds and I hope that you will consider taking advantage of this update by staying with us again in the future.

I greatly appreciate your kind words and I am pleased to hear of your wonderful experience with Larry and with our Executive Lounge.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Although I stayed at the Westin for business, it was "all pleasure." From the quick and courteous check-in, to the extremely comfortable room, to the equally quick and courteous check-out, I was more than pleased. The conference facilities were excellent (except for a few heating/cooling issues that were quickly remedied) and the staff was attentive and efficient. And I appreciated the "green" options. I would highly recommend the Westin for visitors to Indianapolis. It is centrally located to many other city venues within walking distance, and a short walk over the enclosed skywalk allows vistors to access the mall without braving the weather. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The Westin Indianapolis is a nice (not great) hotel located in an ideal location attached to the convention center. The rooms ae comfortable and the heavenly beds are indeed heavenly. The hotel is large, but smallish compared to those located in big cities. Service is good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business