“Just OK”

Ranked #24 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
New Jersey
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 2, 2006

I stayed for 3 nights recently at the Westin to attend a conference.

Front desk - Very helpful and friendly (they had my package which I shipped earlier and delivered it for me, as well as giving me a Fed Ex that came)

Parking/BellHop - Very helpful and friendly in arranging for taxis when needed, and storing luggage on moring of checkout until I finished with the conference

Room - small but adequate, nice bed. Bathroom - very small as others have pointed out and only one showerhead worked, but good water pressure and plenty of hot water

Room Service - ordered a cheeseburger one night which was great (properly cooked, hot when delivered, etc., fries were stil crispy) but that alone cost $25.00!

Location - great/convenient for conference and centrally located in heart of City.

Housekeeping - The worst! This is my main complaint. No service to my room after my first night. Second day - while they remade my bed, they did not empty the garbage cans, did not remove used glasses or provide fresh glasses, did not remove used towels left on other bed or provide fresh towels, did not replace toiletries.

Definitely not worth $200/night. Will be sharing my review with the Westin.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor/absent housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank NJ Family Traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
lexington, ky
Reviewed July 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend get away. We pricelined it and after a few bad experiences with not knowing what we were getting until we had bought it, we were a bit worried. We thought that for what we paid, it couldn't be too disappointing because roadside hotels outside of town were not too much less for the weekend. We were pleasantly suprised at our excellent room location, the location of the hotel in relation to the attractions and the overall quality of the hotel. We have stayed in very nice and very pitiful hotels and this was one of our favorites. The bed is great! Look for street parking right near the hotel on the weekends. We parked all weekend (left the car and walked everywhere, which is easy to do) on the street for free (as opposed to the $23 a day in valet) and could see our car from the window of our room. I tried to come up with a negative point or two for balance, but I really can't think of one. The previous reviewers must have really high expectations, have stayed before the renovations or paid a lot more than we did (about $50 less than the current travelocity rate).

• Liked — overall very nice
  • Disliked — pool was crowded with teenagers at night
  • Tips/Secrets — bid for a low price on this hotel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank travelang
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 27, 2006

We stayed at this hotel (in a suite) on the weekend of June 23rd. The bedroom had a beautiful view of the capitol. The bathroom is a little small, but very nice. The bedroom and sitting room were very spacious. And, yes, the beds are heavenly. As other reviewers noted, be careful of the mini bar. My husband opened it to see what they had to offer, but we did not take anything. We ended up being charged for 2 beers anyway ($5.90 each!). I called the front desk and they had the charges removed, but their mini bar policy is the harshest I've seen. Next time, I probably won't even open it.

The hotel is in an ideal location - right across the street from the capitol and within easy walking distance to Monument Circle. I would stay at this hotel again. If it is your first time in Indy, I would highly recommend going to the Rathskeller - it is a German restaurant in a beautiful building with an amazing beer garden. It is a very short drive/cab ride from the hotel and well worth it.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Coriann
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel, as it was much nicer than some reviews indicated. I reserved a king and was offered a handicap-king room, or 2 beds on the concierge floor. I took the 2 beds. The room, and that floor, were recently redone and it showed. New carpet and other decor, a 'fresh' feel to the room, great bedding and towels, and a decent view from a high floor. Lobby has a Starbucks, which was convenient. I had a document faxed to the hotel and the staff located it promptly and without incident. (Its odd that many front-desk people can't find faxes . . . ) Valet was nice and summoned a cab; and there were a couple of bellman who promptly stored my bag for the day while I was away at a meeting. The steakhouse has a small bar, and the menu was simple and seemed extremely over-priced, so I opted to walk to a late dinner only a few blocks away.

I'll stay here again. A staff member mentioned that the hotel is undergoing a complete renovation. There was an extremely faint smoke odor on the new floor - but much, much less noticeable than I've experienced in other Indy and midwest hotels.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member