“Nice hotel EVERYTHING IS SOO EXPENSIVE HERE”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I stayed at the westin because hotels.com showed it as being really nice for the money, and well YES is is like a 5 star hotel compared to where i stay, great location, but DAMN 25 dollars for parking each day, and the restraunt there for 2 cheeseburgers and kids chicken it was 55 bucks and sonic is better then those burgers. i never slept because all i heard all night where doors slamming shut and peopl talking. all the restraunts around this hotel were EXPENSIVE as well. The hotel was nice rooms were nice but to expensive for us.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed September 9, 2009

Honestly, after reading some of the reviews posted by others I was a little nervous about my reservation at the Westin. What a nice surprise to know that all went well. It was helpful to read other reviews regarding the actual address of the hotel and where the entrance of the hotel is. The entrance to the hotel is on Washington Street between Capital and Senate Streets. Parking seemed to be mentioned quite a lot in previous reviews as well. There is a parking garage called Capital Commons right before you turn into the hotel that you can use ($25.00 overnight) if you choose rather than valet parking ($28.00). An elevator from the parking garage takes you right up into the hotel lobby. It's very convenient. Check in was smooth and uneventful and the staff was very pleasant. The kids even got welcome bags from the hotel. Our room was clean and fresh. The pool area was nice. The hotel overall was great. It will definately be considered the next time an overnight stay in Indy is needed. During my stay I didn't experience anything negative and am very glad I didn't switch my reservation at the last minute after reading other reveiws.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Reserved a room with two double beds for the first weekend in August 7th& 8th. Prepaid at the time of reservation also. Called Saturday at 3pm to say I would be checking in later around 10pm was told no problem your room is already paid for. Arrived at 10:30 after drving around looking for 50 S. Capitol Ave. which is not the address you want to use for directions( would have been nice to know earlier.) Arrived to find no room available for us, had to wait in lobby for half an hour while one was being cleaned, having no choice we waited. The room was a suite, one king bed and a sofa sleeper. Not what I wanted , no one wants to sleep on a hide a bed. Filter in air conditioning vent was filthy, king bed was nice but definitely not worth what I paid for a room. Then I receive my credit card bill today and besides the 28.00 I had to pay to park for 9 hours, I have an extra charge of $5.86. I tried to call but if I want to find out what its for I must send an email to accounting and wait for a reply. Filled out a comment card and left it in the drop box at checkout have had no reply. Stay else where.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank august31
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed at the Westin during GenCon. The price was one-fifty-nine a night, plus taxes, obviously higher than "non-peak" times. The hotel is attached to the convention center, which helped out a lot, particularly as my wife had trouble walking great distances.

They warned us about the minibar when we checked in, and we made sure not to touch anything in it. The pricing was high at $25 a day. We weren't going anywhere, so I didn't bother with valet parking. Regardless, they charged us valet parking even though we weren't in the valet section. They did remove this from our bill.

They seem to have trouble with their elevators. I saw another review about people stuck in the elevator. This happened to us (a total of 12 of us), too. Unfortunately, our 10 year old was skittish about elevators and all the way up to Indy he asked if we would get stuck. Sure enough, we did. We ended up missing a dinner engagement as we tried to calm him down. What did the hotel do to compensate us, given that we got grease on our clothes from the rescue? They had water available, and they called to see if we were okay. That's it. I'm not sure what I expected, but a laundry service would have been nice at the very least.

For the money, the hotel was absolutely nothing special. The beds were okay, but the padded cover is not elasticized and kept riding up on me at night. The bathroom was an okay size, maybe a little on the small size.

The big cost ripoff is their wireless internet. It's free if you log in on the first two floors (well, the first floor, anyway) and ten dollars for the privilege of checking your e-mail from your room. Why they nickel and dime you on this is beyond me. I had to traipse down to the lobby every night to check e-mail. The free internet is free for 24 hours. You can renew, but once I tried to renew on the 2nd floor (having connected for free from the second floor) and it wouldn't let me in. I had to go to the first floor, disconnect from that server then reconnect before it let me in again. Totally unnecessary, and just another way of gouging you.

The lobby looks nice, but behind the nice lobby is an average hotel with high prices.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This hotel has decent rooms that are comfortable. Had some problems in knowing where to park our car. One valet tried to tell us we couldn't park in a certain area, but then two others said we could. Didn't like the hefty price of $25 per night to park. We had a Club Floor room, and their breakfast offerings were very nice with courteous staff. Overall, was please and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I paid for 9 days in advance. Due to the death of mother in law arrived later than expected. They had charged my credit card and re sold the room to someone else. They got paid twice for the same room for the whole 9 days. They refuse to refund any portion of my payment!! Howeve I did find accomadations at the LaQuinta on Post road and found the staff wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I had several issues with housekeeping and needed to contact hotel management. This particular property is not up to par with Starwood or Westin standards.

The room, however was large and the bed was comfortable.

I would stay here again but think it needs a little "sprucing-up".

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business