“Excellent Room, Great Location, Awesome Bed”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent Room, Great Location, Awesome Bed”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin Indianapolis for a business trip. The staff were very friendly and professional, check-in/out was a breeze, and everything was exceptionally clean! The location, right across the street from the State House and close to everything else downtown, couldn't be beat! The room itself was very nice - very comfortable bed, quiet, and a decent view out the window. As others have stated, the "rain shower" is great! Overall, a great stay. The only complaint I have is that there is no free Wi-Fi in the room - you have to go down to the lobby for that or pay for in-room access. However, in spite of this, I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1036, and it was pretty comfortable!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us and to share your experience. Can't wait to have you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was my first experience with Westin Hotels, and i must say, I was not disappointed. The checkin process was super smooth and fast, the room was clean and included one of those rain showers. I would recommend this location to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jon t
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thanks for the great review, your very kind comments are truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cayucos, California
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were in Indianapolis for one night July 27 and stayed at this Westin. We really loved everything about it: location, comfort, service, rate, atmosphere. . . .The staff was so helpful and friendly. We definitely would stay here again if we find ourselves in Indianapolis.

The renovations look fresh and fabulous, someone really took time to consider the needs of travellers, thank you. I hope all future guests will treat the hotel with care. I forgot my toothbrush and they brought one to my room, complimentary.

We loved our stay here, highly recommended.

Room Tip: we paid extra for a room with a view. the view was alright, but next time i would pick the lower rat...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justsayinthis
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review. We really appreciate the kind comments about the hotel, our staff and the experience you had. We hope you do find yourself back in Indy so we can take great care of you again. Thanks!!
Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at the Westin from July 9 to the 13th. We had a great experience at the Westin. We had a total of three rooms, two checking in on different days than the first. Our experience started off with us getting free Club access, which included free breakfast. Thanks to Alex? at the front desk who gave us that as well as free WiFi access since we were Starwood Gold Members. All of our rooms were located on the SPG floor with great views. The hotel had been remodeled since the last time we were there, and the remodel looks great. There is also a Starbucks on the lobby level as well as a very nice restaurant (a steakhouse) on the second floor.
As nice as the hotel was, the real star was the staff. Eric the bellman took our stuff to the room and was extremely nice and friendly. We had one of our parties get sick (one actually had to be taken to the hospital and the hotel had to call the EMS). The staff constantly checked in on our family throughout the two days they were stuck in their room. One staff member even followed the EMS to the hospital. The staff brought Powerade and water to the room at no cost and they checked in on them to make sure everything was ok. They even didn't charge for the last night of the hotel stay when the party had to check out a night early. Needless to say, the staff was outstandingly helpful, caring, and kind. Big shoutout to the Westin staff. THANK YOU!
On another note, the hotel is in walking distance to Circle Centre Mall as well as Monument Center. We were in town for a convention that required us to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium, and we were able to walk all the way to the stadium indoors through the convention center. The only problem with the entire stay was that the elevators got backed up in the afternoon because of the amount of people at the convention, which was our problem! The delegates to the convention were able to let those who weren't part of the convention to go ahead and use the elevator, which was extremely kind.
All in all, if you're needing a hotel to stay in downtown Indianapolis, you can't go wrong at the Westin. The Westin may have just stolen us from the JW Marriott!

Green Features: You have the option to deny housekeeping or getting new towels in exchange for a voucher.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gdptraveler
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks for the great review, you certainly covered a lot of points here. First and foremost we appreciat that you stayed with us, glad you had a great experience and even more excited that you chose to share that experience with everyone. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I came here for the weekend for the Brickyard 400. Extremely convenient location. I was a 15 minute drive to the track and a 15 minute drive to the airport. Walking distance (two blocks) to the downtown area - mall, restaurants, bars and more. In terms of location, you can't get any better.

I had a great stay as well. My room was clean and the AC worked fine. However, I did request for extra bottles of water to be left in my room and they took my tip and left me one extra bottle...nothing that couldn't be resolved by me asking the front desk.

Everyone was super accommodating, the rooms were extremely clean and all in all I had a great experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michelle W
Thanks for the great review, we truly appreicate it. Downtown Indy is a great place to visit and it's fun to be in the middle of everything. Thanks for sharing your experience.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The staff is awesome. Every evening Darren greeted us with a smile and inquired about our day. This is the hotel for business travel. The staff, including Darren made me feel as if I was at home. This was my second trip to this hotel and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nadine L
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
You are absolutely right about Darren, he is awesome and we appreciate him for his efforts. Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you for sharing them. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Waverly
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My very important weekend was filled with all the many options a large city has to offer, one of which, "where is the right place to stay?"
I chose Westin because of it's location, but my choice was confirmed when I spoke to Sarah on the phone... Everything else was a plus!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank KimeBrown
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review, we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us and share your experience. I will pass along you kind words to Sarah and her team. It will make their day.