“A Solid Westin”

Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bradley, Illinois
“A Solid Westin”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very nice hotel for business or a couples weekend. This hotel is located right down town, close to everything. We could see Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts Dome) from our room. There is a bar and Landry's Steakhouse located inside of it.

No Free Wi-Fi in the room (as far as I could tell), but not that big of a deal. Parking was $29 for self-park or $35 for Valet.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, the higher the better. The east side faces all of the main roads of the downto...
Green Features: The only thing I can think of off-hand is that they give you an option to not have your sheets and towels washed, so to save energy and water (not really effective for a one-night stay).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy L
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thanks for the great review Andy, we really appreicate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Wabash, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was very nice, clean, and well decorated. I just have a complaint with the fact that I had reserved king room but upon arrival received a room with 2 double beds. This wasn't even explained to me at checkout, we found out when we got to the room. I called the desk and was told that they had overbooked and had ran out of king rooms, giving them away earlier in the day. The first thing that came to mind was a scene from Seinfeld. Jerry said,"You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part, the holding." We went ahead and stayed, but I probably wouldn't come here again based on this experience.

Stayed July 2014
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback and comments about the issues with your reservation. I'm truly sorry that we failed to live up to the room type request and to communicate the issue to you at check in. We always try our best to honor every reservation request and sometimes that slips through the cracks for one reason or another. The last thing we want is to have that be the reason you would choose another property. If you decide to return, we’ll do everything in our power to make your experience more enjoyable.
Brooks, Kentucky
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I were there last weekend for jw convention.we travel a lot and we have stayed in some really nice hotels and resorts and the service here was great.there wasn't a need that was not met fast (fan, extra towels, etc) the front desk did right all round.i clean houses for a living so when I go into a hotel room I have my white glove test that I do and could not find one thing that was dirty at all.we had a huge group of people taking over the hotel and the staff worked super hard with a smile on their face.stay 5 days no complaints here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mamatonya
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for the great comments about the service you recieved while here for the convention. We really enjoyed your group and cant wait for the next attendees to come in.
Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We visited Indianapolis for an international convention the weekend of July 11-13. It was at the Lucas Oil Stadium and by staying at the Westin we were able to walk indoors the entire way.
Our room was lovely and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in!!! Everyone that we dealt with, from check in on Thursday (excellent job, Nate) to check out on Monday morning, was pleasant, kind, and professional. Checking in was a very busy time for them as many of our delegates arrived at the same time, but everyone did their best to be patient and helpful. The room had Starbucks for the coffee maker and the Starbucks in the lobby opened at 6:30 every morning so we could grab more on our way out.
We were very pleased with our stay and I have no complaints, would stay again any time.

Green Features: You had the option to skip housekeeping for a credit for dinner, don't remember exactly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank steveandmo
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and the great comments about the hotel and our team. We truly appreciate that your convention chose Indianapolis, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Westin Indianapolis is a very nice hotel right in downtown. I haven't stayed in a Westin in a while, but I do recall the first time I slept in a Heavenly Bed. It was great. Maybe the other hotels caught up because this Heavenly Bed wasn't as impressive. Still nice, but not what I remembered.

On the other hand, I can completely vouch for the Heavenly Shower. That was fantastic.

The hotel did a pretty good job dealing with a crush of high school students attending a football camp. When I first saw the buses unloading, I thought I was in trouble, but the hotel opened up the service elevator to deal with the crowds and I managed to pile in. In the morning, when the kids were leaving for camp (and of course I was checking out at the same time), there was another huge crush of hotel guests but it all worked out.

Two complaints:
The tv wouldn't work because -- I think -- it was running off a satellite feed and it was raining. That's more of a complaint against the satellite service in some ways, but it also reflects a decision by the Westin to use that service. It might not have been the rain, but the TV service was down for a couple of hours while "it was searching for a satellite". After a long day of travel, staring at a blank screen wasn't what I wanted.

I couldn't get through to the front desk/operator/whatever to set a wake up call. I tried a few times. Nobody picked up. If I'd needed something more important, that would have been really frustrating.

Internet was well-behaved. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was about what you'd expect. Usual fare of fruit, breads and hot breakfast foods. Oatmeal was a nice surprise, even in summer.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NC_traveler1998
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks for the great comments about everything heavenly. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and glad to see that you would do so again. Can't wait to see you next time.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed July 6th and 7th in SPG King Suite 709 and the Bedroom AC was not up to the task of keeping the BR cool. When I first went to the room the BR AC was not cooling at all and after a half hour of waiting for the compressor to come on, which it didn't, I called the Front Desk to report the issue. I waited an hour and no one ever showed up we decided to go to dinner. We came back a few hours later and the AC was still not working. I called back down to the desk and reported the issue again and waited about an hour again no one showed up. I had to go into the BR and noticed the AC was cooling so I called back to the Front Desk to let them know it was working. Sometime during the course of the night the AC quit working again and I woke up in the middle of the night the bed and I were soaked with sweat. I changed clothes and went back to bed after finding a small dry spot to sleep. The next morning I went to the Front Desk to report the problem and was told it would be taken care of, they did provide some compensation, so we went to breakfast only to return to the room to find the bed made but still no AC. So I made my 4th or 5th call/trip to the Front Desk for the same issue to report the problem still wasn't fixed. About an hour later the 1st person showed up to my room that I saw to fix the issue. The AC worked great all day until, you guessed it, that night. For the 2nd night in a row I had wake up drenched in sweat, change clothes and find another dry spot to sleep. I went to the Front Desk again to report the issue again and was told that they couldn't compensate me again even though they never fixed the issue but offered me SPG points. I told the Front Desk person why would I want points for a hotel brand that I wouldn't be staying in again. All I got was a blank look.
My girlfriend has been staying here for years for work and has told me that this is not the norm and we plan on coming back to Indy in Aug and has convinced me to give it one more try

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoosiersteel
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for the feedback about 709. The AC is fixed and is working properly.
Wilmington, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stop there on the way home from Chicago as an overnight stay we were very impressed with the room rate and room it self i'm 6 foot five so it's hard for me to find shower heads that's tall enough without me ducking down, they have a waterfall shower head that has to be at least 7 feet tall so I was very impressed with that. We have never stayed at the Westin before but we will now.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank osugrad94
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks for the great review, we truly appreciate it. Glad to see hear about the shower head working out so well for you. Anytime you are passing through, please don’t hesitate to stop by.