“Great place to stay”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent experience. Very clean! Would definitely recommend. There was a large conference that left the night before so most of us who were checking in for our conference had to sit around for about an hour until our rooms were ready then you had to stand in line again to pick up your key. A bit annoying with some people cutting the line. That was really the only issue the entire time there. It would be nice if he hotel restaurant had some healthier eating options on the menu, but if you like steak and burgers and Caesar salad you will do fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank WYShiba
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thanks for your great feedback, I have passed your comments along to the Manager at Shula's so that they can use them to help improve the dining experience going forward.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were in Indianapolis during an important weekend, and when we tried to check in at the scheduled 3 pm check-in time, we were told the rooms were not ready and had to wait. 2 hours later we finally got to check into our room, but there was about 100 other guests waiting for theirs. I feel that the hotel should have been more prepared that this, and it took time out of our schedule while we had to wait. The facility was very clean, however, and the rooms were also. I didn't feel like it was quite a 4-star, but it was still a nice hotel. I've stayed in other 4-star hotels in the city and they had a more luxurious feel to them than the Westin did. I didn't have any interaction with the staff, other than check-in so I can't comment on that, but they looked very professional and willing to help. I also did appreciate the Starbucks coffee included in the room.

Room Tip: I'm not sure which direction my room faced, but we had a view of another hotel so there wasn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becca1484

Thanks for the great feedback, we truly appreciate it. Our apologies for the delay in getting to your room.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed at the Westin during a conference this April and it truly was a great experience. This hotel provided a great atmosphere for learning; comfortable sleeping, bathing, relaxing, exercising and dining. They also provided me with emergency supplies when I injured my leg.
When I left Indianapolis I had a few days’ vacation scheduled in VA; I changed my hotel to a Westin in VA. What a joy it is to know that I can choose such a hotel and be assured a safe and pleasurable stay.
Thank you Westin!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for the great comments and feedback about your stay. We really appreciate that you chose to share them, and hope that your trip to Va is just as pleasant.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The staff was very professional at check-in. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The conference facility was very nice. The Audio visual used for the conference was state of the art. Being able to have presentations done by people in Washington DC and clearly hear and see the presenter was a great benefit,

Room Tip: I was in a single and loved it. Spacious. Desk, Love seat, ottoman. There was no sound from the ex...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I dont get to pass along great comments to our AV department very often, due to the fact that we rarely get them. It's great that you took the opportunity to share them with us. We look forward to haveing you with us again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I came down with a flu yesterday, and the staff at the Westin took such great care of me. Anthony Richardson in particular really saved me - he sent chicken soup up to my room (on the house!) and made not one but two trips to the pharmacy to fill my prescription for me. I can't thank him enough! I was dreading making that trip as simply getting out of bed took all my energy.

I'm on the road a lot as a consultant, and I dread the days I become sick - those are truly the times you wish you were at home and had someone to take care of you! Thanks to Anthony and the Westin, I felt like I was at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Vidya S
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and to recognize Anthony. We appreciate that you choose to stay with us and try to do our part to make your experience enjoyable. We will certainly recognize Anthony for taking such good care of you.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here with our kids for March Madness. The location was awesome...walked to Colts Grill for dinner and then to Lucas Oil Stadium for a great night of basketball. The rooms are a little smaller than average and they wouldn't let us put a cot in, so bring an air mattress if you are trying to fit a few kids in the room. There isn't much room, but for one night we made it work. They were a little overwhelmed as they were sold out, but we had to call housekeeping several times to get extra blankets and pillows. We finally went down to the front desk to pick them up as they said it could be over an hour. For as busy as the hotel was, once we closed our door, it was very quiet. Even in the morning, when you can usually hear doors slamming, our room stayed quiet.

Room Tip: Bring an air mattress since they don't allow cots in the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay in March. We truly appreciate the great feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve what we offer to our guests and at the same time have the safety and security of everyone in mind. We'll use your comments to help us create a more enjoyable experience for those traveling with extra people in the room.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in town for a convention. Lobby area was very nice. Boarding Pass station and Fed Ex availability was a positive. Had booked a King Suite months in advance. They had not finished their remodeling - put us in a room on a floor where it was the only room - not all of the furniture was in the room yet and there were strong paint fumes. The manager took care of it immediately when called and moved us to a higher floor that was complete. The new room was comfortable and we were able to relax. The housekeeping was horrible. They never cleaned the room and we had to ask for clean glasses, plastic glasses, coffee, towels. I did send an email to the hotel directly in hopes they will review their houekeeping situation.

Room Tip: King Suites on the higher floors have a much larger counter spacein the bathroom than the lower floo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great feedback and your comments about our housekeeping service. We certainly appreciate that you chose to share your experience. We are always working to improve our service and will use your feedback to help us get there.